Sign in to follow this  
HeartofDavid

Purchased MAAM Dc-3/R4D/C-47 but no Gauges show up

I just purchased the MAAM sim Dc-3 Package for FSX. However, I installed and none of the gauges are showing up. I've tried everything that I can think of. I've installed using Admin mode, Installed them into a (x86) program folder and then copied them over to FSX, Uninstalled and re-installed, removed the gauges from the config file and restarted...

I've tried installing the FSX update...

Nothing I am doing is making any difference and I just spend $30 and cannot use the product. It's a little frustrating for sure! ha ha...

Anyone have any advice?

Tony

Hi Tony. Sounds like you did not get my reply to your last e-mail, the one sent from your phone.

I'm confused by your statement that you "Installed them into a (x86) program folder and then copied them over to FSX". FSX should by default be installed in the Program Files (x86) directory in a 64 bit system like yours, and I assume you changed the DC-3 installation path accordingly. That should have been all you needed to do. So, please explain the "copied them to FSX" part. I think that may be where you problem lay.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hey Bill!

Sorry... ha ha..

I have always installed FSX in the root directory. In other words, C:\Flight Simulator X

I've never had issues at all with any other product and FSX has always worked great for me.

So.. I tried installing the DC-3 package directly into the correct FSX folder I have on my computer and that did not work. No Gauges.

So I thought... well... maybe something isn't quite working right that way so I installed them to a fake FSX directory in the (x86) program files folder and then proceeded to just copy the folders over from that to the actual FSX folder.

This did not work either. It sounds like you are saying that I have to install FSX into the (x86) program folder for the Maam Sim DC-3 to work? Which I guess I can do.. I just have to re-install all over again.

It's just weird as I have never had this issue before.

I think your email might have gone in my spam folder. I'll check. :-)

HeartofDavid I'm so glad you posted. I'm having the same issues. I thought I was going nuts.

I installed to: C:\programfiles(x86)\microsoftgames\microsoft flight simulator X\

The aircraft show in : C:\program files(x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X\simobjects\airplanes

Gauge file: MAAM_RAD 04/03/2001 DLL file 17,133KB (There was an old GAU file here but I deleted it)

After an install, when starting FSX you should get a message to intialize files.I'm not getting this.

I know the solution is a simple one and when found I'll kick myself for not getting it. That's always the way

After spending 5 years flying VSOA, 2 years with vCAF and the last 3 in the vUSN flying the VRS F18 I need something

a little more relaxing. I flew the MAAM for years prior and look forward to flying again

Hi All,

I just purchased, downloaded and installed this wonderful aircraft (having greatly enjoyed the FS09 version). Overall everything went well for the install except for one thing: I am missing the Altimeter Gauge in the VC on both the pilot and co-pilot's side (both regular and lighter version of VC is missing the Altimeter). The 2D panel has all gauges present.

Here is my setup: Windows 7 64bit OS

I have FSX installed outside of Program Files (x86)

FSX installed: C:Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X

Other than the missing Altimeter, the aircraft flies well. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions so I can fix this problem? I have not tried to do an uninstall & re-install as everything else seems to work well.

May I also ask just two other questions that are off this topic?

1. The instrument\cockpit lighting: In the 2D panel:The white instrument lights work along with the cockpit lighting--In the VC the only illumination I have is the cockpit lighting--the white instrument lights do not work even though I click on the white instrument lights round knob on the overhead panel.I looked through any information on this included in the download but did not see anything mentioned.

2. The eyepoint view in the 2D panel: My view out of the front cockpit windows--it seems as though I am looking up at the sky whether in level flight or on the ground. I believe there is a bug in FSX that causes this??? as I have had the same problem with other add-on aircraft that have 2D panels. Is there a fix for this as I really enjoy using the 2D panel along with the VC?.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Again, I really have enjoyed this aircraft and look forward to the same experience in FSX!

Thanks,

Ray Mengel

Spokane Valley, WA

I bought the R4D/DC-3 package 2 weeks ago and found the same problem with missing Altimeter.

Looking at panel.cfg in these

Maam-SIM c-47 Cargo

Maam-Sim DC-3 Passenger

MaaM-SIM R4D-6

different gauges are calling Maam_R4D!altimeter

I changed the calls to Maam_R4D!altimeter1

If it´s the correct way of doing it, I don´t know, but it works for me.

Knud

Hi Tony and all,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is causing this spate of missing gauges for some users. But there may be a clue in Barnstormer16's findings in a previous post after making the same report of missing gauges:

"I solved the problem. For some reason the little box that asks if you accept the gauge file, etc didn't pop up the first time I started FSX. The next time I started FSX it did, I accepted and all is well."

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Does anyone know how to force this permission box to show up, if it has not done so automatically upon first loading? Keep in mind that the gauge file in the current FSX edition is a dll file, not a gau. file, as in previous editions. It should be causing that acceptance window to appear.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Ah! Maybe we are getting somewhere. Bk27's issue is with the altimeter, mine is that none of the guages show up. Must be a disconnect Maybe between the panel.cfg or some other .cfg and the guage folder.

On my very first install I did see the guage prompt and was surprised that it was only a blip and not a batch of requests you usually get.I have deleted anything to do with MAAM, installed a fresh MAAM.

Notta

Anyhoo! I found my FS2004 CD and installed it. Currently enjoying a six flight from CYXY to Inuvik.

About the change in panel.cfg stated above from Altimeter to Altimeter1

I have opened the MAAM_R4D.dll using FS Panel Studio, and an alert came up.

There are NO gauge called Altimeter in MAAM_R4D.dll. ????

There are one called altimeter1 and another called altimeter2.

That seems to be the reason that I got the gauge to show up using altimeter1.

I wonder if there might be other versions of the MAAM_R4D.dll.

The one I have came from the edition with the fsx-installer downloaded app 3 weeks ago.

Knud

I was going to buy this package but I am going to hold onto my money until this problem's resolved.

Hi All,

Regarding the "missing altimeter here is what I discovered

1. When opening the panel cfg,. in the vcockpit04 section there was originally ". . . MAAM_RD4!Altimeter"

2. I inserted the number 1 so it now reads ". . . MAAM_RD4!Altimeter1.

3. I did the same for the altimeter gauge in vcockpit05 section.

Now I have the altimeter showing for both the pilot and co-pilot.

Raymie