Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Is this QW146 VC really this bad?

How is this bird overall? I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it.

It's fantastic. One of my favorites. Plus it's through Flight 1 so 30 day no questions asked garuntee. Give it a go.

Interesting thread, as I'm aso interested in this bird. I have read good reviews about it. I am very uninterested in how the a/c looks from an external perspective, much more interested in the FM, and mostly concerned about the VC regarding clarity, night lighting, etc. From what I read here ( primarily focused on the VC, glad the OP got it sorted), this VC is really nice. Still tossing up between this bird and the CoolSky DC9, most focused on the VC- if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Bruce

I was a little worried about this one.I own the PMDG 737 so anything else has to be good.

I needn't have worried.very good VC and very good FPS.I'm using FTX ENG and UK2000 airports,REXE weather and its still really smooth.

very glad i bought it today.also coming soon is a free update of the BAE146 models.can't be bad eh :smile:

steve-0

Thanks Steve. Sounds like a winner- I haven't yet read any negative comments. Interesting how such a light (short range/ commuter) aircarft was designed with 4 engines- looking this up on the web it appears to offer an extremely low noise footprint, I think those engines are only pushing 6-7,000 pounds of thrust each...

Thanks, Bruce.

I do have a gripe (sorry) and that's with the panel lighting of which I also have the same problem with some other aircraft, the B2 Islander springs to mind. Unsure why it happens, but at dawn or sunset, just before it is neither completely dark nor completely light, the instruments appear to be not illuminated. Does anyone else share this problem?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

That's me for sure. Maybe depends on Cabin light and how it is crafted by developers, because it doesn't happen to every plane.

I'm pleased it's not just me. I did start a post some time ago, shortly after the plane's release, and some guy suggested I simply flew with the cabin lights on! Which is OK for seeing what you're doing, but completely trashes any immersion factor. I really think it should be something the devs could patch, I mean for me personally, I find it very annoying.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I do have a gripe (sorry) and that's with the panel lighting of which I also have the same problem with some other aircraft, the B2 Islander springs to mind. Unsure why it happens, but at dawn or sunset, just before it is neither completely dark nor completely light, the instruments appear to be not illuminated. Does anyone else share this problem?

I have the problem with most if not all planes, I think it's a FSx limitation not QW.

Jay

Black instruments is a problem that started with SP2. Before that you could generally read the instruments without problems dusk or dawn, and if you had a cabin light it did illuminate them without lighting up the entire cockpit. Just one of those things that makes me curse SP2.

I've noticed that some sky textures seem to have more ambient light than others for dusk and dawn, and you can still read instruments without a cockpit light on them. I haven't been able to find documentation on how this works, and studying the sky textures hasn't yielded any information.

Generally I'll create a cabin light that illuminates part of the instrument panel, and turn that on when needed. Sometimes I have to get creative in finding a way to switch the light on, but I'm resourceful. :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Yes Howard, i do too.Like you say, not with all, but 98%.

(First seen it with the default 737, guages were unreadable, and a few mins later the 'pop' on, same happens on the 146 it seen, and theres no switch for ...''backlighting''...)