Sign in to follow this  
FSMuseum

What to Buy?

I'm looking for something to buy for FSX. I can only buy one thing and the limit on cost is $100. I want some suggesstions on what there is to buy that I don't already have, or whether I should wait for something (other than the 777X or Airbus Extended or FSL Airbus, I already have money saved just for them :rolleyes: ). Here's a list of my current payware's:

Aircraft:

PMDG 737 NGX (all variants), 747X, MD11X, J41

Airbus X

Captain Sim 707, 727, 737, 757, 767, 777

Coolsky Super 80 Pro

FSLabs Concorde

A2A B377 + Accusim

Wilco Airbus Evo Vol. 2

RealAir Lancair Legacy

QualityWings BAE146

Scenery:

UK2000 Heathrow Pro V2

Aerosoft Paris Charles de Gaulle, Paris LFPO, Mega Airport Frankfurt, Tahiti X, Manhattan X

FlyTampa OMDB Rebooted, St. Maarten Bundle, KMDW V2, Kai Tak

FlightBeam KSFO

Orbx YBBN

FSDT KJFK, KLAX, KORD V2

AES V2.25 (plenty of credits)

Other (weather, textures, etc.):

Active Sky Evolution

TrackIR

FsPassengersX (rarely used anymore though, might need a replacement)

Radar Contact V4

RealityXP GNS 530 and 430 + WX Radar

FS2Crew NGX and 747

DBS Walk & Follow

REX Essentials

FSX Booster

Any suggestions of what else to buy or wait for?

FS2004 Forever

How about Orbx England then get the rest UK2000 airports.

Thats my current plan,Ill soon have a very attractive UK to fly about in.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

You could consider some Orbx FTX regions for GA. Or REX Latitude (released today) to replace FSPassengers. Another interesting one could be OpusFSX for weather (it's different then ASE) and setting up camera views (some time ago I would have suggested EZCA but since OpusFSX has cams too it's a more interesting purchase).

You've got some pretty good planes already (the best GA and best airliner are in your lists) so I would get something different. If you don't like Orbx you might look at UTX: you don't have much larger scenery addons, I see.

O wait, you don't have AS2012, FEX or REX...? Amazing... If you really don't have one of those, you should get it for better cloud and sky textures!

I do Have REX! I forgot to add it :blink: Anyways I have been considering OpusFSX, and Orbx UK, but I'm not too sure

FS2004 Forever

Orbx CRM and KSFF airport add on.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

There are so many options available. You got already the best planes available (maybe the QW 757?) You want more sceneries? Wich continents do you fly the most? For Europe I shall take more of the uk2000 (Gatwick) or Aerosoft (Schipol). Swiss pro is a very nice scenery wich covers whole Switzerland, together with FSDT Zurich, Geneva. Aivlasoft for the Electronic Flight Bag, etc, etc

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

There are so many options available. You got already the best planes available (maybe the QW 757?) You want more sceneries? Wich continents do you fly the most? For Europe I shall take more of the uk2000 (Gatwick) or Aerosoft (Schipol). Swiss pro is a very nice scenery wich covers whole Switzerland, together with FSDT Zurich, Geneva. Aivlasoft for the Electronic Flight Bag, etc, etc

Most of my flying starts in the US and goes international, to any continent. My most common internationals that I dont have include VHHH, WSSS, YSSY, EHAM, LEMD, ZBAA. Any suggestions?

FS2004 Forever

RealAir Taildraggers Scout package!

And don't forget to get the 'Scalaria' repaint. Available on AVSIM library. B)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

How bout a turboprop...

RealAir Turbine Duke

Carenado King air (BE9L or BE20)- Flight1 is coming out with a G1000 version too

Aerosoft Bronco

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Most of my flying starts in the US and goes international, to any continent.

In that case forget about Orbx: they focus on GA and smaller regions and you won't be able to fly from one Orbx region into a far away other region (right now they have regions in three parts of the world and you won't be able to fly from one part to the other and still have good scenery because only one region can be active). In that case you would be better of with UTX, I guess. (I am focusing on scenery here because everything else seems to be covered already.) You might add GEX for better ground textures, but I myself am not too fond if GEX. UTX is great for real world roads and waterlines: it makes the world a lot more recognizable when flying high as you usually do.

EHAM would be great, lots of international flights and my homebase ^_^ Little bit hard on the frames though. I use it with the freeware NL2000. You also take a look for the airports from Latinvfr, they have made some nice ones (Miami). I don't see you have the latest from Flightbeam, Phoenix?

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

In that case forget about Orbx: they focus on GA and smaller regions and you won't be able to fly from one Orbx region into a far away other region (right now they have regions in three parts of the world and you won't be able to fly from one part to the other and still have good scenery because only one region can be active). In that case you would be better of with UTX, I guess. (I am focusing on scenery here because everything else seems to be covered already.) You might add GEX for better ground textures, but I myself am not too fond if GEX. UTX is great for real world roads and waterlines: it makes the world a lot more recognizable when flying high as you usually do.

I'll have a look at UTX, I've heard a few good things of it.

EHAM would be great, lots of international flights and my homebase ^_^ Little bit hard on the frames though. I use it with the freeware NL2000. You also take a look for the airports from Latinvfr, they have made some nice ones (Miami). I don't see you have the latest from Flightbeam, Phoenix?

My computer, though not the best, can get around 40 FPS at the default eham in fair weather and 60% traffic. I might have a look at some sceneries of LatinVFR, I've heard good things of them as well. Phoenix isn't a biggy for me mainly because I don't fly from there much.

FS2004 Forever

You seem to be missing the Turbine Duke .. .. Highly recommended.. .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron