Sign in to follow this  
jc6828

considering buying X-Plane 10

That would be interesting to see. VC is just something that I can't fly without.

From what I've read and seen about the IXEG 737 that will most likely be what will make me seriously consider taking up X-Plane full time (and maybe better airports out-of-box). I updated my install last night to the latest 64-bit beta but unfortunately it doesn't work properly with the 777. I'll run a second install tonight with 10.10 as I haven't flown it for a while and all this talk of XPX has piqued my interest again.

I'm not going 64-bit for a while, I've got a stable XP-10 platform right now, and I'm happy with it.

As soon as the high-altitude scenery cut-off/blur is fixed, I'll consider going to 64-bit :)

Part of the fun of X Plane is trying to figure out when to "go Beta"! Lol

B

My opinion of X-plane 10 has only been increasing over the last few months since I purchased XP-10 North America. I'm working on my instrument rating in real life and FSX just never gave me an accurate breakout from IMC to visual conditions. I recently purchased Opus for FSX and that is a very impressive product which has added realistic IMC conditions to FSX. But more and more, I'm flying XP-10.

One reason is that I also recently upgraded my video card to a GTX 660 and got a serious bump up in the performance of XP-10. I'm now running consistently at 50-60 fps in XP-10 64-bit with HDR, serious autogen scenery, and anti-aliasing. This upgrade in video card produced no difference in FSX as I have the frame rate locked at 30 fps due to following a well known tweaking guide.

I flew last night in the excellent Rollon/Phillip's CRJ-200 from KSLC to KJAC, flying the GPS X approach into KJAC. It was an amazing flight. The graphics, the systems, the smoothness of the simulator is excellent.

I picked up the ATR 72-500 from Aerosoft/McPhat today and it is also an excellent plane. Not only did I want the ATR, but I also wanted to specifically support developers who are developing for XP.

In short, XP is really becoming a compelling simulator.

Note you can always just duplicate your XPX installation and update one of them to 64 bit and keep the other copy at 32 bit. That way you get to play with the Beta and have a stable copy to fall back on if you have issues. Just put two shortcuts on your desktop and choose your own adventure.

My opinion of X-plane 10 has only been increasing over the last few months since I purchased XP-10 North America. I'm working on my instrument rating in real life and FSX just never gave me an accurate breakout from IMC to visual conditions. I recently purchased Opus for FSX and that is a very impressive product which has added realistic IMC conditions to FSX. But more and more, I'm flying XP-10.

One reason is that I also recently upgraded my video card to a GTX 660 and got a serious bump up in the performance of XP-10. I'm now running consistently at 50-60 fps in XP-10 64-bit with HDR, serious autogen scenery, and anti-aliasing. This upgrade in video card produced no difference in FSX as I have the frame rate locked at 30 fps due to following a well known tweaking guide.

I flew last night in the excellent Rollon/Phillip's CRJ-200 from KSLC to KJAC, flying the GPS X approach into KJAC. It was an amazing flight. The graphics, the systems, the smoothness of the simulator is excellent.

I picked up the ATR 72-500 from Aerosoft/McPhat today and it is also an excellent plane. Not only did I want the ATR, but I also wanted to specifically support developers who are developing for XP.

In short, XP is really becoming a compelling simulator.

Note you can always just duplicate your XPX installation and update one of them to 64 bit and keep the other copy at 32 bit. That way you get to play with the Beta and have a stable copy to fall back on if you have issues. Just put two shortcuts on your desktop and choose your own adventure.

You don't even need to do it since both executables share the same folders, so, for aircraft not yet working in the 64 bit version you can start the 32 bit exe...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@charlesmc ..... it just needs airport scenery to really move into the compelling category.

it just needs airport scenery to really move into the compelling category.

I agree with you there. It would seem that's the missing link.

... As soon as the high-altitude scenery cut-off/blur is fixed ...

B

Amen to that.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12