Sign in to follow this  
Rlambert93

Shortest route the 737-800-900

I edited the post at a later date to emphasize that they fly the 400 here. After the original post I noticed it was a 700, 800, 900 shortest route question. When they upgrade to the max, it'll probably be a newer 737 or 738. Till then, I guess I'm disqualified. Darn it. Go Ducks!

That flight is a hoot to do VFR, but I've only done it IMC, so it takes a lot longer than just going Gear UP and Gear Down.

Matt Cee

Thanks! I will fly some of these!

EGCC-EGKK, 150nm. i am doing it when i do not have time.

Ryanair's Prestwick (EGPK) to Derry (EGAE). Can be done in under 20mins :)

Are those real life flights...? I fly in Orbx England now and recently reinstalled the 737NGX. I wonder if there are any real world flights with the 737GNX from one English airport to another...!

Hm, I had a look at the various sites with flights and apparently you won't see the 737NGX doing short hops in England itself. The Airbus 320 however does fly from one English airport to another (like EGLL-EGCC). Think I will have to use that one instead then. ^_^

That flight is a hoot to do VFR, but I've only done it IMC, so it takes a lot longer than just going Gear UP and Gear Down.

I've always the feeling that this flight from PAWG (Wrangell) to PAPG (Petersburg) or one of those PAJN (Juneau) to PASI (Sitka) flights would be an interesting, special tutorial to do for the NGX (with regards to VFR). I am not exactly sure why, it's not one of those normal flights other tutorials cope with all the time. It's pretty short in time and would definitely be something new.

Unfortunately I don't have any specific resp. insider knowledge on these flights or the 737 procedures at all, so writing one on my own would be a bit off...but I am tempted :smile:.

Are those real life flights...? I fly in Orbx England now and recently reinstalled the 737NGX. I wonder if there are any real world flights with the 737GNX from one English airport to another...!

yes, it's a real one, there's plenty of internal flights not only in the UK.

i am flying both for easyjet virtual and thomson, they both have this flight. cheers.

AA's DFW - AUS hop is pretty short at ~170 miles and anywhere between 25 and 35 minutes. I would say the ten minute difference is due to whether or not DFW is on north or south departures due to winds. If departing north, the flight makes the big turn south to AUS where more than likely, the flight will have to loop around and land north as well.

The route for today's AA619 is JASPA3.WINDU.BLEWE2.

Oh, and speaking of AUS, a good 739 flight is UA's IAH to AUS. The time for that one is anywhere between 30 and 40 minutes plus/minus a few minutes. The route varies as does the equipment type, but the mainline stuff is a mix of 737's with the occasional Airbus. Depending on the day, you may see any one of United's 737 variants, but the 738 and 739 do regularly fly this route.

By the way, the AUS - IAH return is even shorter...sometimes as little as 25 minutes.

Here's an example of what I was talking about earlier. It's an A319, but it's of similar size. 39nm direct path. Flew 88.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL520/history/20121202/1436Z/KIAD/KBWI

...then again, I did similar last March (direct 9nm - flew 48)

kjyo-kiad_track.PNG

Remember, it's not the aircraft's size that determines the route segment length; it's the aircraft's use.

How many people need to move between point A and B?

Do I need this aircraft somewhere else (the case above)?

Kyle Rodgers

I did KP

I've always the feeling that this flight from PAWG (Wrangell) to PAPG (Petersburg) or one of those PAJN (Juneau) to PASI (Sitka) flights would be an interesting, special tutorial to do for the NGX (with regards to VFR). I am not exactly sure why, it's not one of those normal flights other tutorials cope with all the time. It's pretty short in time and would definitely be something new.

Unfortunately I don't have any specific resp. insider knowledge on these flights or the 737 procedures at all, so writing one on my own would be a bit off...but I am tempted :smile:.

The flying isn't really different. The difference is getting the clearance from the FSS and that you'd probably brief the whole flight before you takeoff, rather than briefing the approach before top of descent.

I did KPAE 16R - KSEA 16R in a -700 last month. That was pretty quick. Maybe 20nm. But it was a repo flight, not a revenue flight.

"AS9001, radar contact. Turn right heading 190, climb and maintain 3000 until established. Cleared ILS16R. Advise when you have information Papa." Or something like that.

Matt Cee

Here's an example of what I was talking about earlier. It's an A319, but it's of similar size. 39nm direct path. Flew 88.

http://flightaware.c...1436Z/KIAD/KBWI

...then again, I did similar last March (direct 9nm - flew 48)

kjyo-kiad_track.PNG

Remember, it's not the aircraft's size that determines the route segment length; it's the aircraft's use.

How many people need to move between point A and B?

Do I need this aircraft somewhere else (the case above)?

A good example is the route KMIA-KMCO, American Airlines uses 767 and 757 for a 40 min flight. Also in Japan, 747 used in flights of just 1 hour.