Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Lets have some FUN!

I wonder who can answer all of these fun facts about the 777 correctly??? The first to get them all correct gets a free copy of the PMDG B777. Nah, just kidding - but you will be smarter than everyone else!!!

1. When did the first Boeing 777 enter service?

2. How many parts are there in a Boeing 777 airplane?

3. What is the maximum cruise altitude that the Boeing 777 is capable of?

4. Which British band wrote a song in which the Boeing 777 is named?

5. What is the name of the song of the abovementioned British band?

6. When did the Boeing 777 attain ETOPS certification with the FAA?

7. The Boeing 777 was the first airplane to attain ETOPS certification with the FAA. True or false?

8. How many Boeing 777's were involved in the flight test program?

9. How quickly can a lightly loaded Boeing 777 accelerate from 0 to 60mph (96km/h)?

10. An easy one to finish up - what type of control syste, does the Boeing 777 utilise?

...and here's a tip: for those wondering how on Earth to answer all questions - Google + Wiki + 10 minutes of your precious time = @@@

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I was really surprised how long the triple has been in service for...1995! I was 18 that year!!

I just had a two hour oral for my Private License Stage Check - this is more fun I agree; although it's all on Boeing's website!

Does Boeing have a HD 3D 360 view of a 777?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

#4 and #5

The Beatles "Back in the USSR". Didn't BOAC use 777's back in the day?

"cruising to Miami Beach BOAC, didn't get to bed last night"

JK Most of you guys prolly never heard of the Beatles.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Beatles...yea this was the group that guy from Wings was in.

I hope beyond hope that was a joke haha.

#4 and #5

The Beatles "Back in the USSR". Didn't BOAC use 777's back in the day?

"cruising to Miami Beach BOAC, didn't get to bed last night"

JK Most of you guys prolly never heard of the Beatles.

The correct answers are:

Q4: Dire Straits

Q5: The song is on a CD called "Sailing to Philadelphia"

I just had a two hour oral for my Private License Stage Check - this is more fun I agree; although it's all on Boeing's website!

I just finished my private license a few months ago and was wondering what a "Private License Stage Check" is?

Rich

I just finished my private license a few months ago and was wondering what a "Private License Stage Check" is?

Rich

I can't speak for all School's - but here in California most schools split the PPL in three stages. You have an oral and mini Checkride at the end of each stage to ensure you're learning correctly, your FI is teaching you right etc. They're to prepare you for the last main one too(-:

Rich

He's training under part 141 (as opposed to part 61) where the school has to do stage checks. They're a bit like mid-term exams.

Paul

I can't speak for all School's - but here in California most schools split the PPL in three stages. You have an oral and mini Checkride at the end of each stage to ensure you're learning correctly, your FI is teaching you right etc. They're to prepare you for the last main one too(-:

He's training under part 141 (as opposed to part 61) where the school has to do stage checks. They're a bit like mid-term exams.

Paul

Ah got ya just saw "London" in the info box and assumed you were training in the UK. Thanks for clearing that up and I must say I am glad I only had to do the one test/checkride and no 2 hour oral.

Rich

Ah got ya just saw "London" in the info box and assumed you were training in the UK. Thanks for clearing that up and I must say I am glad I only had to do the one test/checkride and no 2 hour oral.

Rich

They're not as bad as they sound - I was pretty nervous but simply because I had no idea what to exactly expect. In the Stage Checks there's no real passing or failing - of course if you can't answer any questions, or even have no idea of what's what then you need further training before moving on. Same with the flight - they don't expect perfection one bit, just that you know the concepts of maneuvres and you're safe whilst soloing.