Sign in to follow this  
mcparr42

New FSX Freeware Scenery - KDAY Dayton International Airport - Ready For Release

I have completed and am in the final stages of testing a freeware scenery package for the Dayton International Airport in Vandalia, Ohio. Like with many small to medium sized airports, the FSX rendition looks nothing like the real world version.

This scenery includes a custom terminal building, moving jetways, and an AFX file with accurate parking assignments. Also modeled is the new 255 foot air traffic control tower, terminal parking garage, the Fed Ex building, the PSA Airlines headquarters and maintenance hanger, the former Emery Worldwide cargo sort facility, the airport hotel, and hangers for fixed base operators Stevens Aviation and Wright Brothers Aero.

More than a thousand objects have been added to enhance detail around the airport using Flight 1’s excellent instant scenery program. AI Traffic has been tested to ensure efficient flow. The landclass file has also been adjusted to better reflect the real airport.

Much of this scenery was actually developed some time ago using older modeling software. Although it has been updated, it is obviously not as detailed or complicated as some of the better commercial products on the market today. However, it has been tested with both an Intel I7 machine and an older Intel Core 2 Duo system to ensure satisfactory performance.

I anticipate releasing the package on Avsim on Saturday December 1st. I look forward to sharing this package and to any input that anyone may have.

Please find below five screenshots (resized and compressed per forum rules) as a preview of the package!

Cool! Thanks for making it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make it. I'll make sure to include this airport in my regional hops.

Do you have other airports planned?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

This looks awesome. I love those regional airports. Great for airlines and GA flyers...

I'd like to do Port Columbus. I already have the terminal and tower of Columbus roughly done on my computer so I could probably do it in a few weeks. I am however tempted to really learn gmax or re create the buildings using sketch up in order to improve the quality and performance.

I might do a quick version of CMH like DAY and then go back and upgrade it later.

I'd like to do Port Columbus

That would be awesome. My most favorite city I've ever lived in. I fly there a lot in FS and RL so it would be greatly appreciated!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Nice work, would you mind coming back and post the link once it is uploaded? I have been thinking of doing an airport for FSX myself.

\Robert Hamlich/

Nice work, would you mind coming back and post the link once it is uploaded? I have been thinking of doing an airport for FSX myself.

Yes, I will do that. I am hoping to have it released tomorrow, but maybe Sunday if I can't get to it tonight. I will link it here in the post once it's in the library.

Thanks for your interest.

looks great, I will be downloading this when you release it. thanks for making it!

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I worked there in the mid-90s. It doesn't have the volume of traffic from 20 years ago these days. Thanks for making it!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Yes, I used to fly through there a good bit on USAir as Dayton was a hub. Went to my companies factory at Marysville, just up the road. Had a moderate amount of traffic at that time, but is more like a ghost town now in comparison.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The scenery has just been uploaded to the file library and hopefully will be available for download soon.

Thanks for all of your interest in the project.

The scenery has just been uploaded to the file library and hopefully will be available for download soon.

Thanks for all of your interest in the project.

Disregard my comment on missing jetways. I realized my scenery complexity had reset for some reason.

Everything looks great and thanks again for reproducing this airport!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

This package is amazing!!!!!!!!! I live here in Dayton and work for DL at the airport.... I have been waiting a long time for someone to do this!!! Thank you very much for your time and effort.

If you every decide to do any updates I can spare you the new info :-)

1. D concourse has been torn down. There is now a blast wall that stretches out to the edge of the apron.

2. Southwest now controls the the North side of C concourse with airtran.

3. The glass building along the main entrance road has been torn down as well.

But frankly...I love how your package looks! Thanks again for all your work!