Sign in to follow this  
LEFTSEAT

Anybody try the PDX patch ?

Didn't work for me. I don't have the orbx pnw so maybe that had something to do with it. I have bad bleeding/terrain issues. Tried flatten / changing the elev with ADE....

Greg

If you buy Orbx/FTX airports in the PNW area, you will need to have PNW installed for it to work. I believe it states this is a requirement with every software they sell.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Didn't work for me. I don't have the orbx pnw so maybe that had something to do with it. I have bad bleeding/terrain issues. Tried flatten / changing the elev with ADE....

Greg

I have ORBX and it never worked right for me either. Sad too as this was maybe the best addon ever made for FS9 (and a promised FSX version by Vauchez never materialized)....

I have ORBX and it never worked right for me either. Sad too as this was maybe the best addon ever made for FS9 (and a promised FSX version by Vauchez never materialized)....

Same here.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Well I've stripped it down some more and removed all the ground.bgl's and redoing the afcad and it's looking hopeful :-)

Greg

Sad to hear you guys are having trouble. Keep trying because it is an awesome patch. It worked OK for me the first time.

I assume you are all talking about the Flightzone Scenery patch. I tried installing this twice, and the second time I was painstakingly carefull. KPDX works, except for the bleedthrougn of the default runways. Hillsboro works the best, but I still have some bleedthroughs. If I approach Troutdale from the west, as I am on short final, suddenly there appear huge mounds of turf on the runway. These mounds don't cause a crash but they sure spoil the illusion of a real airport. Also when this happens some of the parked planes are floating about 15 ft. in the air. Strangely, if I start out at Troutdale, everything looks pretty normal, except for some occasional flashing scenery objects.

I have unchecked this scenery in my library in the hopes that someone may come up with a solution. I agree with Alstiff. This was my favorite airport addon for FS9. I wish I knew more about scenery design, or I would mess with it myself.

Leftseat, please let us know if you come up with something!

Tom

I tried a few times to get it working but the bleed thru ruins it.

I have a personal connection with KTTD Troutdale as I used FZ02 extensivley before I took a trip to the PNW. I booked a mountain flying lesson out of KTTD and got some great views of Saint Helens...

And leftseat, if you do manage to get the bleeding to stop please PM me!

And leftseat, if you do manage to get the bleeding to stop please PM me!

Me, too, please! :mellow:

Well I got PDX as good as it gets (for my abilities anyway...)

As for those that want the others fixed, I have not looked at them but in order to fix these airports you need to remove all ground.bgl files using default ground and rework the afcad.

It's no DF FB FT scenery but its better than nothing :-)

I will upload with instructions.

Greg

Starting a new thread might be better.