Sign in to follow this  
gibaba

Dubai Rebboted and ExperienceX Night Light

Yes you're indeed correct about the terrain.cfg it does change the number. I have a correct terrain.cfg which I replace when I activate or deactivate orbx. It's just 1sec action.

As for disabling: I made a batch on my desktop which moves the : lighthiway.bgl, lightway.bgl, lightwhite.bgl away from the global/scenery folder. Then the lights are deactivated and I also have batch to put them back and the lights work again. Works perfectly.

@DJJose THESE LIGHTS AFFECT PERFORMANCE SIGNIFICANTLY IF THEY ARE NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY. (caps only for emphasis)

What do you mean with that? The size of the lights?

Yes you're indeed correct about the terrain.cfg it does change the number. I have a correct terrain.cfg which I replace when I activate or deactivate orbx. It's just 1sec action.

As for disabling: I made a batch on my desktop which moves the : lighthiway.bgl, lightway.bgl, lightwhite.bgl away from the global/scenery folder. Then the lights are deactivated and I also have batch to put them back and the lights work again. Works perfectly.

@DJJose THESE LIGHTS AFFECT PERFORMANCE SIGNIFICANTLY IF THEY ARE NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY. (caps only for emphasis)

What do you mean with that? The size of the lights?

More light poles = less performance.

There's a normal setting plus a spacing number. Higher # = more spacing and less poles. Less poles = better performace.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thank you,

Which number do you recommend? Best balance

Thank you,

Which number do you recommend? Best balance

I use normal and 600 and the lights still look great. You could lower it if you don't fly in densely populated areas.

For size I use 1 & 2.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

roger, thanks

can you maybe post a screenshot?

I downloaded some of the enhanced files for the areas that don't have lights like St Thomas or St. Marteen for the Experience X... here are the install instructions, copy this to your MAIN FSX folder!. Uhh!, shouldn't it be in the scenery folder of Aerosoft, or Tropical Sim for that particular scenery? I already messed up the product installation since the instructions shows up after you make the mistakes installing it to the wrong folder...

Chemanuel

DJJose:

link the photos to your files storage... example take your link...and click the little link icon (the one with the chain)... and paste the link there... It should show up... I use Photobucket... don't know about fsfiles

Chemanuel

DJJose

Apparently there is a problem, I can't post them either and I done it countless of times. It even tells me I can't use that extension in this forum.

Chemanuel

like this? The link you posted is not the real image link , it is to the site where the link is on this is the real link: http://www.fsfiles.o...12/17/iDp3n.jpg

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeds 400KB limit.

Hi gibaba,as asked before, can we download the manual somewhere tonbetter study this add?

I will provide.

Gibaba

Gibaba

Sorry to bug you.....is there any update on where I can get a copy of the manual??

Kind Regards

Steve

Happy new year to all. :yahoo:

Two more scenarios adapted.

Doha and Kai Tak

Doha

dohas.jpg

Kai Tak

kaitak.jpg

Regards

Gibaba

Ok, two more scenarios adapted.

Enjoy it.

Good flights.

MadeiraX(aerosoft)

madeirat.jpg

Tenerife Norte(Giants)

tenefirenorte.jpg

Higher # = more spacing and less poles. Less poles = better performace

I wish they gave the option to get rig of the poles all together like UTX and UT for FS9 did and just have the light to save some FPS. In my opinion when flying the poles are just a waste since you cant see them until your very close. At 100' or higher you cant even seen them anyway.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator