Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

PFPX in all it's glory

Seems like I have been waiting a couple years for this and looks like it will be worth it!

Noah Bryant

Seems like I have been waiting a couple years for this and looks like it will be worth it!

Sorry Noah, It appears you were posting the same thing as I was, and I have another one. Didnt mean to step on you. Disregard my post. :)

Yes it does. Looks fantastic. Cant wait.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

This planner seems to incorporate a great many cool detailed features into it--and that's super. What continues to disappoint me with flight planners is they all seem to generate the shortest route over the ground and then factor in the winds aloft to calculate fuel burn. When dealing with long range flight planning, sometimes taking a longer route over the ground is faster in the air when taking advantage of winds aloft. Or say avoiding 100+ knot jetstream headwinds by flying at lower altitudes.

By not factoring the winds into the route is like using Mapquest to generate a route, say New York to Los Angeles, using the "shortest distance" option instead of "shortest time" (go ahead, try it :wink: ).

So unless something has eluded me, this appears to be yet another flight planner ignoring winds aloft at the time it generates its route but then applies detailed winds aloft to its calculations after the route has been generated. Because there really isn't anything more tragic than wasting precious virtual fuel, is there? :Nerd: That's my beef. Carry on. :Peace:

Chris Lundberg

Anyone know if this will take into account airspace charges when calculating the routes?

Regards,

Ró.

Jeppesen Jetplanner can do it for you ...

This planner seems to incorporate a great many cool detailed features into it--and that's super. What continues to disappoint me with flight planners is they all seem to generate the shortest route over the ground and then factor in the winds aloft to calculate fuel burn. When dealing with long range flight planning, sometimes taking a longer route over the ground is faster in the air when taking advantage of winds aloft. Or say avoiding 100+ knot jetstream headwinds by flying at lower altitudes.

By not factoring the winds into the route is like using Mapquest to generate a route, say New York to Los Angeles, using the "shortest distance" option instead of "shortest time" (go ahead, try it :wink: ).

So unless something has eluded me, this appears to be yet another flight planner ignoring winds aloft at the time it generates its route but then applies detailed winds aloft to its calculations after the route has been generated. Because there really isn't anything more tragic than wasting precious virtual fuel, is there? :Nerd: That's my beef. Carry on. :Peace:

give me a route and ill report it here. but with PFPX you can tailor your own route too. and there is some way to save virtual fuel. companies sometimes are using the longest route, playing with wind, Cost Index so there is not simple answer in a flightplanning world.

all the best.

Phil

Jeppesen Jetplanner can do it for you ...

give me a route and ill report it here. but with PFPX you can tailor your own route too. and there is some way to save virtual fuel. companies sometimes are using the longest route, playing with wind, Cost Index so there is not simple answer in a flightplanning world.

Thanks Phil. No, I understand commercial planners can do this. For routes originating or terminating in the United States, I can always use FlightAware to get current routes flown by the airlines on a given day as they always fly the most advantageous routes for winds aloft.

Chris Lundberg

Thanks Phil. No, I understand commercial planners can do this. For routes originating or terminating in the United States, I can always use FlightAware to get current routes flown by the airlines on a given day as they always fly the most advantageous routes for winds aloft.

when i dispatched for real i wish i had all the time the best advantageous wind routes .... it s not really all the time depending how busy the airspace is ...

all the best.

Phil

when i dispatched for real i wish i had all the time the best advantageous wind routes .... it s not really all the time depending how busy the airspace is ...

I am officially scolding myself for speaking in absolutes. "Always" was a bad choice. Perhaps "frequently" or "most often" would've been better.

Chris Lundberg

A couple more vids on PFPX capabilities. Not the best way to present a video with hand camera, but you get the idea and its explained well.

Redispatch-

Paperwork -

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png