Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rockliffe

Help needed with very, very strange problem...

OK, so here I was, starting my pre descent checks after about a two hour flight (including preps), when I hit the keyboard to change views and all of a sudden FSX minimised itself to the task bar! I could only get it back to fullscreen by going into the task manager and hitting maximise. When it did return to fullscreen half the textures were missing, both inside the NGX, externally and also some of the cloud textures. They never returned, even after waiting a minute! What I did do directly after the issue arose, was to save the flight, which loaded again without a hitch after restarting FSX. I have never experienced anything like this before and hope it was just a one off, but I'd be interested in some ideas, opinions and any help that may be offered... here you go guys...

YEM6.jpg

Howard
P3Dv4, Asus Z170-A MB, i7-6700 Skylake @ 4.5ghz, Asus GTX1080ti 11Gb GPU, 16gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/1Tb+P3D.v4.4, SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Ocz 750 PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, 2 x 17" Dell @ 1920x1200. PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, Saitek combat pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

OK, so here I was, starting my pre descent checks after about a two hour flight (including preps), when I hit the keyboard to change views and all of a sudden FSX minimised itself to the task bar! I could only get it back to fullscreen by going into the task manager and hitting maximise. When it did return to fullscreen half the textures were missing, both inside the NGX, externally and also some of the cloud textures. They never returned, even after waiting a minute! What I did do directly after the issue arose, was to save the flight, which loaded again without a hitch after restarting FSX. I have never experienced anything like this before and hope it was just a one off, but I'd be interested in some ideas, opinions and any help that may be offered... here you go guys...

Howard,

When FSX went to your task bar did you try task switching using ALT + TAB keys? I have had this happen one or two times and have task switched back to FSX successfully.

As to why this happens I do not know. Must be the computer gremlins in the black box having a bad hair day!

John

FSX Rig: Gigabyte Aorus Z270 Gaming7 Mother board, I7-6700K CPU, 32Gb DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte 1080I Graphics, Acer 34" wide view display with VSYNC on.

PREP3Dv4 rig: Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Motherboard, I7-I8086SE CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte 1080I Graphics, Acer 34" wide view display with VSYNC on.

Are you using bp=0? I know that if you starve the gpu memory you can gfx issues.

Al Stiff

When I saw the thread title my immediate reaction was 'Sudocrem!' Different problem, sorry. :blush:

Hee hee, I covered that problem last week Ron, you must have missed it :rolleyes:

Are you using bp=0? I know that if you starve the gpu memory you can gfx issues.

Hi Al, I do, but not with the NGX. I use RejectThreshold=98304 (or similar)

Howard
P3Dv4, Asus Z170-A MB, i7-6700 Skylake @ 4.5ghz, Asus GTX1080ti 11Gb GPU, 16gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/1Tb+P3D.v4.4, SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Ocz 750 PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, 2 x 17" Dell @ 1920x1200. PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, Saitek combat pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

I have seen this issue too but usually the textures appear shortly after the fact. It never stays like that.

Al Stiff

Looks to me like a typical tweaked fsx.cfg problem - they come in many different liveries and occur when the load gets too heavy for FSX to handle. This one had a new look for sure.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now