Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Paul J Appointed Guru-in-Chief of Hardware

IT "Hardware Guru-in-Chief"

to head revitalized Avsim Hardware Department

His name is Paul Johnson, or Paul J for short or PJ and he is the new AVSIM Hardware and Operating Systems Discussions Forum Manager, including:

-Win8 OS Forum

-The Win7 OS Forum

-MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware

-Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers

-Hardware Controllers & Drivers

-WIFI, Routers, Ethernet, I/O Boards, etc

Paul has had a remarkably distinguished career in the Information Technology industry. He has been part of crucial planning and implementation stages of some of the more important and constantly evolving platforms and operating systems that have come our way. I don't think anyone in our forums management history has been as qualified and as experienced in hardware and software matters as Paul. We look forward to ever increasing levels of success of the Hardware Section under his leadership.

New AVSIM Hardware Guru-in-Chief, is being hailed as "just" what the Industry and our hobby needs, "just" when it needs it!

The happy fact is that his knowledge and ability is wrapped up in one of the most humble, unselfishly willing and helpful individuals in the hobby. This man really knows his stuff, but equally important, he knows people and how to lead and show them how to help each other.

Please join me, the AVSIM board of Directors, the Executives, Administrators, Moderators and staff in giving an enthusiastic welcome to Paul to this most important responsibility and wish him outstanding success in every way.

Kind Regards,

Spiritflyer (Stephen)

Manager of the AVSIM Forums

I'm thrilled to learn of this appointment. I am starting to do some research on upgrading my 2 year old I7 930 system to the latest Ivy or Sandy Bridge config this spring, and will be spending plenty of time on these hardware forums. I look forward to his contribution to our hobby!

Thanks for all the congrats, Guys, but I have to tell you that Stephen used to be a Used-Car Salesman (and a good one, at that!) prior to his present position, as so much of the verbage in that (very good) intro contains some degree of embellishment! Personally I take everything I read with a grain of salt.

I will tell you that any amount of experience does not prepare any tech to be able to diagnose and repair someone's pc two thousand miles away, having a hither-to unheard-of problem, on relatively unknown hardware, of indeterminate age, and dealing with someone whose native language is not the same as mine...... I can only hope that in those cases, there will be other, more experienced folk - real "Guru's" - out there who will chime in and point out the right direction... :unsure:

However - having said that, my experience on the DX10 forum has persuaded me that, not only are there some very knowledgeable techies out there who will jump in at the drop of a hat, but there are also some very nice, good and interesting people who have made this transition an easy one, and to all those guys - a big "Thank You" for all for that friendship. I also recognize that I will have some big shoes to fill, and that friend Word Not Allowed will be a hard act to follow - I am sure not a "Guru" - but I'll do my best.

Lastly, a public "Thank You", to Stephen and the other members of the Avsim staff who have shown such confidence in me.

All the Best,

Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Stephen used to be a Used-Car Salesman (and a good one, at that!) prior to his present position

Make that an "Alleged" used Car Salesman!

"Honest buddy, because you are my new best friend, and I like you so much, I will let you in on a little secret.

Shhhh!

This car is such a bargain that the manager doesn't want me to sell it to you right now, because he wants to buy it at wholesale for his momma if she likes the color. He ordered me to stall you for an hour or two until she gets here.

But that's not fair. Why should he get to buy the best car for the lowest price?

But, I say stuff him!

You should be able to buy this beauty for wholesale too. Let's sneak into my office and do the paper work while he's not looking! Don't thank me, thank your lucky stars you came in this morning just in the nick of time!

Wise decision! I knew you were a smart one as soon as I saw you get off the bus.

Sign here, here and here. Press hard, there are 5 copies..."

LOL You haven't lost a beat.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I thought it was (said while proffering the pen) "Just OK on this line here"

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Good for you Paul! :Applause:

I hope the assumption of your new duties doesn't mean we'll be seeing any less of you around the DX10 forum! You're clearly the "go-to guy" there and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Simon

Congrats,

We have needed a pro in IT.

I work in the industry but some questions here even puzzle me.

Maybe you could tell us how to make our own controls! (I saw it in you my pc)

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be great

Alex

I couldn't think of anyone ever more qualified for this position! Congrats Paul and welcome to the team. You already have thousands of admirers looking forward to your expert advice on hardware :)

Congratulations to you Paul for the well deserved appointment.

On a side note I have had the pleasure of exchanging a few emails with Paul and have also met him on TeamSpeak and I can attest to Stephen's description of Paul as being a very knowledgeable and patient individual.

Well done AVSIM and Paul.

\Robert Hamlich/