Sign in to follow this  
Guest buggabee

FS Water for $15? How about FS BS....

"I do not understand why this is such a heated topic. Peter I am sure worked very hard to get these 220 textures, and the interface was done by us. As always ANYONE that purchases from us can get their money back in 30 days if they do not like it. That is like having the full version as a demo."Hi Steve -Part of the reasons it's such a heated discussion is there is some head-scratching (and bumping) about the fact that anyone would think your product is inferior without seeing it..."We respect the customer, and are placing this product out there at face value. You will know what you are getting in advance. We will expand on the Showcase pages because this there is a lot to show."If I had a card that supported this feature, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it. I'll say that USA Roads has provided a factor of immersion I've rarely experienced in FS.AndrewPS that comparison gallery has some nice wallpaper... :)

Guest Edam

Yet another "tempest in a teapot" from SOME anal flight simmers. I've bought a number of products from Flight1, all of them top of the line. But it just goes to show, with some people, regardless of a vendor's reputation, you are still damned if you do and damned if you don't.

>>>> I do not understand why this is such a heated topic <<<

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest Dakota

The real gripe should not be with Flight 1 who is trying to make available products simmers would like to improve their flight sim. The real gripe is- why did Microsoft use such terrible looking water, that we need a product like this. :(

>FYI... I thought some would be interested in actually seeing>some differences in default and new...>>http://www.flight1software.com/showcase/fswater>Hey, then maybe there is a chance this set solves the water "tiles" problem. I am looking at the 4-th row from the bottom. Look at the left and right pic. The right one has no ugly tiles.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Hi Michael, My freind just bought it to encourage the author, but I was really shoked to see the stock texture. There is only one set of water 01 to 60 and they are the same as default 2004 water texture model with color alterationeditong only, except for 56 wich are the green color these are new texturecolor compare to default fs2004 blue you saw on screenshots.The sunsedusk sky color are almost the same as default one with very thinfew change based on the original default fs2004, and the reflection is almost the same as the freeware authors release.There is only one bumpmapping which look almost like the default fs2004 one. This package does not fix any tile above 15 000 feet, you saw the same problems like default one. And this can't be fixed anyways at 100%ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Thanks Chris for the information.But since we are talking water and clouds how are your new FSW-Sky clouds coming along ? Your clouds had definitely a "WOW" effect on me last time I saw your preliminary pics !Michael J.

I am a proud owner of Flight1 last product and I don't regret my purchase at all.I bought it despite the surprizing "autodafe" I can read in this post.I have tried every generous work made by all talentuous people on the internet.I am really looking for 'beauty' in my sim.I am always looking for textures as closest as possible from reality.And I have to say that FSWater has no competitor.The water textures are excellent. They are a balance between the various freeware textures we already know. There is a variety of subtile colors that I never saw in FS2004.The dawn/dusk atmosphere is fantastic.I am running a 22' monitor with a resolution of 1920x1440x32 to get the nicest picture as possible.I am not linked at all to Flight1, I appreciate the company, their seriousness and their products quality.Sorry for my bad English but I felt like a duty to give my (very positive) opinion.best regards,David in jerusalem :-cool

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest anthonye

>I am a proud owner of Flight1 last product and I don't regret>my purchase at all.>I bought it despite the surprizing "autodafe" I can read in>this post.>I have tried every generous work made by all talentuous people>on the internet.I am really looking for 'beauty' in my sim.>I am always looking for textures as closest as possible from>reality.>And I have to say that FSWater has no competitor.>The water textures are excellent. They are a balance between>the various freeware textures we already know. There is a>variety of subtile colors that I never saw in FS2004.>The dawn/dusk atmosphere is fantastic.>I am running a 22' monitor with a resolution of 1920x1440x32>to get the nicest picture as possible.>>I am not linked at all to Flight1, I appreciate the company,>their seriousness and their products quality.>>Sorry for my bad English but I felt like a duty to give my>(very positive) opinion.>best regards,>David in jerusalem >>:-cool And I will second DavidAnthony....http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-customer.jpg

Guest Peter Wilding

Hi Chris,Sorry you feel thank the effort does not do the job intended. The danger is you are possibly looking at the tiles in the wrong way? Just my opinion; they should be viewed in the active sim, during a flight and not just by the naked eye. Goodness knows, the times I looked a tile and thought, hey - no difference, but then in the simulator it was tottaly different. (g)I can assure you the time and effort to make what is fair to be fairer still is very time consuming.In short; the smallest of changes to the tile makes a huge difference to the way it looks in the sim.In other words; though it looks very similar to you, you are not alone. My wife cannot see any difference at all looking at the default set of base textures compared to the ones for FS Water.BUT SHE CAN SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE DURING A FLIGHT IN THE SIMULATOR.Fortunately this difference and the ability to see it is what makes the difference in FS Water compared to PWover15.Regards, Peter Wilding

Maybe someone could make a video to support your take on things, Peter? I'm not suggesting you do it, but I'd like to see it run in the simulator myself, perhaps a video would show us more detail?

>Maybe someone could make a video to support your take on>things, Peter? Video, why ?They offer 30-day money back guarantee so you can make your own video ;-)Michael J.

Guest Peter Wilding

Hi,I'm sorry you feel this way.I think it is probably best to take a deep breath and consider the posibility that there is an inprovement and maybe it's worth paying for?Just a thought. Afterall, it's a bit like saying "That car is made by Ford" "This one is made by Fiat and costs more. It can't be better cos it's just a car."TAKE A DRIVE IN THAT CAR. GIVE IT A TEST AND JUST MAYBE. .....?You may actually like the way it drives..(g)What is the worst that can happen? Just maybe nobody is trying to be unfair or profit unfairly.Pwover15 is still FREEWARE - I gave that to you free. No cost. Apsolutly ZERO. NOTHING AT ALL.After all that effort do you really think I would try and ask someone to pay for NOTHING at EXTRA cost in FS WATER? Certainly not.I appreciate there are some people who like Bill Lyons textures and that is their free choice.If someone makes a freeware panel that is good do you tell a developer he is greedy to charge for a commercial one? No! You expect it to be better and reserve judgement until you have tried it.I am very proud of what extra there is in FS Water.I am confident if you try it one of two things will happen. 1 you will like it and I thank you in advance for that or 2 you will not like it. If you like it you will have good value for money. If you do not like it you will get your money back.Either way it's good value for money and that's why I felt Flgiht one Software are the right people to do business with.What I would suggest is you try it, at my cost not yours as a gift.All I ask of you is that you try it for at least a couple of weeks, perhaps in problem areas where the defaults look less convincing, in regions like Chicago or some tropical areas etc. Don't make a rush decision but an objective one based upon real experience, not just immediate reactions.Please then report back with your findings.I hope and I pray that you will find it in your heart to be honest about what you find. (smile)Peter Wilding

If they can make a buck, more power to them. However, water I downloaded recently from Avsim looks better than the screenshots they are posting. :D