Sign in to follow this  
razorhog703

Had Enough

Razor,

I completely agree there is a pattern just like there is a patter of murders that occur in the inner cities. As you said we have become detached.

There is no reason not to expand background checks to cover mental health or at least have mental health questions on the basic ATF form. Besides the "have you been committed" question. It is also time to reevaluate our mental health care system and its interaction with law enforcement.

When did this become a political forum? Come on people,this forum is supposed to be for enjoyment not to hash over political crap!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to see this topic banned from further dicussion on this forum. Hello Moderators.

100% agree, I come to Avsim to get away from all this nonsense, besides is this not against the rules?

<br />100% agree, I come to Avsim to get away from  all this nonsense, besides is this not against the rules? <br />

This is Hangar Chat forum, and is the right place for it.

assualt rifles are fully automatic (or select fire) weapons. you must have a federal firearms license to posess a weapon of this type.

the "assault" rifle used in the newtown shooting was a glorified hunting rifle. pull the trigger once, it fires once. hold the trigger down, it still fires just once.

you can buy semi-automatic hunting rifles that use the same ammo, but look nothing like the AR-15.

the constitution is for honest people; its not going to stop the "bad guys" from getting dangerous weapons. i've read these statistics showing crime rates going up in countries that have disarmed their citizens; i feel 100% confident the same would happen here. there would be no fear for the criminal to burst through your door and do as they please, most likely armed.

criminals will find a way. we cracked down on their drugs, and they created meth from ingredients found at any local drugstore.

another thing i find disturbing is that so many articles i read in the news about murder too many times invovle an already convicted felon; someone who isn't allow to own a gun, and yet somehow they still get one.

law enforcement cannot protect you 24/7. any gun laws that strip us of our rights will only punish the innocent.

The Constitution is an antiquated document that needs to be revised from time to time to reflect current historical times. Hence, the 13th, 15th and 19th Amendments among others!!! Right to arms? Yes. Assault weapons that fire 400 shots/min? No.

But, don't worry the 2nd Amendment WILL NOT BE messed with...there is no way 3/4 of the State Legislators would agree on anything.

Stay on it brother... I don't have the patience atm to deal with so much of what I have seen posted here.

Semper Fi.

P.S. Don't let Tom A. find out you were a jarhead... he'll have you working the chowhall at FANCON.

Thank you bud!

And not to worry, I was chauffeured around many times in Navy equipment so maybe it is time to give back for all the nice rides.

Semper Fi

This is Hangar Chat forum, and is the right place for it.

Unless the rules have changed there are to be no topics political in nature or religious in nature here at Avsim, could Tom or any mods please let me know if this has changed?

When did this become a political forum? Come on people,this forum is supposed to be for enjoyment not to hash over political crap!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to see this topic banned from further dicussion on this forum. Hello Moderators.

This is located in the proper place for this site. We all are behaving civil to each other and I ask that you do the same.

After I posted I understand it may be harsh but her son didn't pull any punches when he walked into the school.

But you know (or will know) as a parent you sometimes miss stuff... think of parents who have lost kids to suicide. We cannot anticipate "everything" despite our best efforts.

That said... I do agree, once there was the slightest hint he had mental health issues... guns should have been locked up in a safe if they weren't already.

@Razor... yeah the Aurora, CO & Tucson, AZ *Murderers* clearly demonstrate the flaws in our Mental Health System.

100% agree, I come to Avsim to get away from all this nonsense, besides is this not against the rules?

Color me stupid... but I have yet to figure out why people post against posts they don't have to read.

If they want to pester the mods... wouldn't a simple "report post" be sufficient?

The 13th Amendment to the Constitution abolished slavery because times and values had changed. Where would we be if there was no amendment process? So amending the Constitution itself is a non-issue. It has been done before and will be done again. The pro-gun lobby uses this as an excuse to end debate on the issue before it gets started by saying regardless of the reasons it simply can't be done because it is a constitutional right. The issue needs to be discussed in a calm rational way and then amend the constitution if need be.

I will not negotiate my rights. Slavery was a moral issue not an issue of defending ourselves from a government that proves its growing more and more out of control.

@Razor... yeah the Aurora, CO & Tucson, AZ *Murderers* clearly demonstrate the flaws in our Mental Health System.

It is a shame sometimes isn't it?

Right to arms? Yes. Assault weapons that fire 400 shots/min? No.

your nor I could purchase a weapon that fires 400 rounds per min without a federal firearms licencse; it costs a lot of money, takes a lot of time, and doesn't guarantee you'll be able to own such a weapon, as your local law enforcement has the final say on whether or not you can bring it into the county.

with this license, all weapons requiring it must be registered and accounted for whenever law enforcement decides to randomly check for it.

Unless the rules have changed there are to be no topics political in nature or religious in nature here at Avsim, could Tom or any mods please let me know if this has changed?

I agree it's a very hot issue and it seems to be everywhere you go. However we are a community and I feel we can discuss this in an adult manner. Hopefully.

<br />I will not negotiate my rights. Slavery was a moral issue not an issue of defending ourselves from a government that proves its growing more and more out of control.<br />

A few handguns and/or rifles in the back room aren't going be any help against an out of control government. IMHO, that argument doesn't fly. It might have 200 years ago...