Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ultimate Traffic 2, My Traffic X, TrafficX, whats your favorite?

I think it took two to five mins to see activity on the apron, back in the time when I used to fly with UT2 (and IIRC they mention that you need to wait a bit in the manual, too).

With MyTraffic you'll get immediate action on the densely populated airports, though.

Just to be sure... My Traffic X 5.4b and MyTraffic 2013 are completely different addons, right...? UT2 obviously is but the other two confuse me. I've been flying the PMDG 737 NGX a lot lately and it's about time for a nice traffic addon for me.

For some reason in ut2 I don't see much activity at all. I even selected a busy airport such as klax and I have my ga and commercial traffic set at 100% for both. I am hearing a lot of ppl who use my traffic that even at 11% they get plenty of activity going on at their airport. Are you guys turning the built in ai traffic off? In my fsx settings I have it set to 0% since I'm using ut2's app to control that. Also I don't see ut2 in my scenery library unless its named differently. With a setting of 100% for both ga and commercial i would expect to see nonstop flow of traffic at the airport but I'm not. I just see very little activity.

Whilst I really like UT2, my experience using it has taught me that you also need to add additional flightplans to make it look much more convincing. UT2 includes schedules for some airlines that do not include any textures for the planes! This means that, if you have the "Daedalus" colour schemes switched off, those aircraft will simply not appear. Why Flight1 have done this has baffled me ever since I purchased UT2. I mean, why the hell would you include schedules for important (ie. often seen) airlines, but not the colour schemes for the planes?? :huh:

Anyway, I added quite a few airlines to UT2 (mainly the UK charter airlines, since UT2 only generally adds scheduled annual flights, not charter ones), and this made a massive difference to the number of aircraft at the big airports. You need to disable the UT2 versions of any duplicate airlines you install, but that's easy to do. I have since added even more schedules using AIFP2 (ie. the normal BGL files method; controlled by the slider in the FSX settings menu), and now the larger airports (I only fly in the UK) have plenty of activity.

I tried using Just Flight's Traffic X before I purchased UT2, but I wasn't convinced by the look or movement of some of the planes. UT2 has much better looking models, although one or two are somewhat simpler than the rest.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My Traffic X 5.4b and MyTraffic 2013 are completely different addons, right...?

Not totally. It's mainly the publisher, and the features, if I'm not mistaken.

MTX 5.4 is the "full version", if you will, published directly by Burkhard Renk and sold via simmarket only, and it has more features. MT2013 on the other hand, is published by Aerosoft both as a boxed and download product via their own store and their resellers. It is basically kind of a cut-down version of MTX 5.4, but you get Aerosoft's support for it(I don't know if that's an improvement, though).

Maybe an interesting side note: Simmarket themselves, who sell both versions, do recommend MyTraffic 5.4.

Regards,

Flo

Not totally. It's mainly the publisher, and the features, if I'm not mistaken.

MTX 5.4 is the "full version", if you will, published directly by Burkhard Renk and sold via simmarket only, and it has more features. MT2013 on the other hand, is published by Aerosoft both as a boxed and download product via their own store and their resellers. It is basically kind of a cut-down version of MTX 5.4, but you get Aerosoft's support for it(I don't know if that's an improvement, though).

Maybe an interesting side note: Simmarket themselves, who sell both versions, do recommend MyTraffic 5.4.

Regards,

Flo

Ah, well... that's a bit odd then. Or at least confusing. The price is almost the same...! Do they perform equally? I would like to see a comparison between the two! I wonder what's been cut-down...!

EDIT

In the meantime I found a comparison between two older versions and I can see the differences. I also think 5.4 is the way to go.

However, what's even more confusing is that Simmarket has various version on sale...! I searched for 5.4 with Google and this led me to the Simmarket site and showed me version 5.4a. To find out more about various versions I searched in the site itself and there I noticed version 5.4b... Why the heck do they still sell 5.4a...?!?

Is there any reason someone should prefer 5.4a...? The information is the exact same as for 5.4b but afaik 5.4b has more flights and liveries and so on...? Odd... Can't say I like that Simmarket place too much but it's the only site that sells MTX so I guess I will have to deal with it. ^_^

Anyway, unless someone here advices otherwise I think I will purchase 5.4b this evening. Looking forward to seeing crowded airports without too much loss of fps. Never mind, just bought it already. ^_^

Confusing indeed. I just got the pro version - since I'm a pro ;)

I buy almost everything from SimMarket. Never had any problems.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Didn't have a problem buying it either, but it all looks a bit outdated. And those various versions makes it confusion in addition. ^_^

Anyway, I got it now and I am looking forward t giving it a try this evening!

if you buy mytraffic 5.4a...then 5.4b is a free upgrade. but yes there is an option to buy both, youre just fine with buying 5.4b, which is a full version of the addon. I believe the main difference between 5.4b and MyTraffic 2013 is 5.4b gives you some new airports and more ship traffic.

Attached is a wordpad file that lists every airline included with MTX 5.4B and the aircraft they have

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

Thanks for that document, it's interesting to know what airlines has which planes.

Thx, but the list is hard to browse. Does anyone know which airlines have A380 planes in MyTraffic? I know that Korean Airlines have at least one because I saw it at KLAX, and I have flown in an Air France one.

...Never Mind, I used the find command and China Southern, Malaysa, Lufthansa, Quantas, Singapore, Thai, Emirates alll have some according to your list. I guess all the US airlines use Boeings instead....

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Yep there is no perfect AI package IMO. I like UT2 because I know it and it does the job at 40% for both commercial and GA. Thing you have to remember is that UT2 uses weekday and weekend schedules which can give you confusing traffic patterns. The other thing I like about UT2 is the hot keys to disable traffic, clear the landing pattern, increase / decrease traffic ectera.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hiya folks..

Quick question about AI traffic apps... Is there any sort of preference in relation to using them with VATSim to fly online?

I was getting the impression that UT2 was "The done thing" from all the reading I've done around here, but reading this thread, it looks like My Traffic 5.4 is the least hassle and most bang for your buck..

Do any of you My Traffic 5.4 guys fly online (VATSim / IVAO) with these and how do you find them in terms of performance and integration with your online flying?

Just for those who are interested: I bought MyTraffic X 5.4b. Love it! But... fps really takes a nasty hit. I don't really understand how people can say it doesn't. :( In spots where I used to have my max of 30 it often drops to low 20's... And where things were already struggling in the past (low twenties) it drops to mid teens. And I have AI at 20% so not that high...

EDIT

And I already turned off jetways, use the low res option and that option to only show lights nearby. I am not saying I regret my purchase, not at all, but I was quite disappointed about the performance drop, specially after people saying it was so easy on the fps.

I bought MyTraffic X 5.4b. Love it! But... fps really takes a nasty hit.

Hiya mate.. Have you ever flown online with it?

I'm more interested in a traffic package that can recreate other AI when flying online...

What WOULD be good is if a traffic package could be run on a separate PC to ease the load on FSX..

Have you ever flown online with it?

No, I never fly online.