Sign in to follow this  
HansRoaming

What Headset would you rate?

I've got a pair of SoundBlaster Arena Surround headsets and although nice to look at are not the most comfortable to wear for those long haul flghts, looking to upgrade to something better, what would you recommend?

Has to be able to take a TrackIR clip as TrackIR is a must, so please tell me what you rate.

I prefer good sound system for ingame sounds and some lightweight headset just for VATSIM comms, so I use logitech 120 headset at second soundcard, but I think you want something different. :)

I use the Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME for Vatsim, very comfortable and excellent sound quality both in and out.

23.png

I use a Logitech H800 wireless headset. Absolutely love not having the wire and being able to walk around and the battery lasts for hours. Though, it is cheating a bit, isn't it. In a real airplane you always have that blasted wire.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks for your replies. I'd have a wire anyway from using the track clip pro on the side of the headphones so not too fussed if the headset uses wires or not..

I prefer wire. I use the headset only when I am controlled on Vatsim, thus not leaving my seat. Also, should there be a radio problem, I can start troubleshouting without the doubt if batteries are wearing down.

23.png

Actually, this is quite comfortable on the ears.

Plantronics GameCom 380

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

In a real airplane you always have that blasted wire.

Not any more...

http://www.wirelessaviationheadsets.com/

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Bargain at $700!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It may be a bit strange but the pressure of headphones against my ears is painful. Even certain types of eyeglasses can bother me where the arms of the glasses ride on the ear.

I had a pair of Plantronics, cannot recall model, years ago and they were fine. Nice and light and never bothered me. When time came to replace them I struggled to find a pair that was similar in the Plantronics lineup. Criteria for me were built in mic. I tried some Plantronics model, forget which, they were terrible. Sennheiser, were known to me as being an audiophiles dream come true. I owned a pair of stereo headphones from years ago and they were comfortable and fantastic. So I bought a pair of Sennheiser with built in mic, and they were awful. The plastic headband put a fixed tension on my head and my ears would turn red and pain.

Then I bought my son a pair of Turtle Beach EarForce x11 for a Christmas gift for use with his Xbox. I tried them on and loved them, so the wife bought me a pair.

The Turtle Beach X11 are comfortable and sound great. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/headsets-legacy/ear-force-x11/235

Not sure of compatibility with Tracker.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Anyone have the Razer Blackhawk or Asus Vulcan headsets?

I have a Vulcan ANC. They are OK. Very comfortable. Sound is ok but has a little strange feeling to it. Like being in a tunnel when there is no sound coming thru the set.

My only real compliant is they require a AAA battery. And if you forget to turn them off you can run through batteries.

Sound was better on my Sennheiser's. A good place to read reviews from people who bought headphones is Newegg.com. I realize you are in England so ordering from them maybe not an option.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

I use the Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound headset...

Awesome quality, USB plug, easily holds my Track IR TrackClip Pro, very good, sensitive microphone... less than $100