Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Experience X. Get it.

You dont need to overclock, I disagree wholeheartedly with that. I have been simming since fs98 and never oc anything. I run with a good amount of addons and never had major issues.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

You dont need to overclock, I disagree wholeheartedly with that. I have been simming since fs98 and never oc anything. I run with a good amount of addons and never had major issues.

You don't, but it is a good idea for performance.

wrote the developer it doesn't work with photo scenery that has no autogen.

They have VERY fast, and good support. Emailed them like 10 minutes ago about an issue, and they replied in 4 minutes!

Guest Mik75
wrote the developer it doesn't work with photo scenery that has no autogen.

That being said, does anybody know if it works with Aerosoft's VFR Germany or Switzerland Professional? Both are photo scenery and both have autogen.

The premise behind ExperienceX is they designed it to work like autogen. So it has the same principles: the more lights you add the more it could impact your FPS. That is why they also drop away from view - like autogen. In order to work over photoreal scenery custom "light autogen" needs to be created just like custom autogen needs to be created to work over photoscenery.

They have provided a few examples of this at their website which you can download. I have there Las Vegas package which works on top of Megascenery Las Vegas. Looks really good. Good product.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest Mik75

So, out of the box, photo scenery with autogen won't work?

Guest Mik75

Sorry, I don't get the point. There is photo scenery without any autogen. I fully understand that it won't work with these addons. Just to be clear, the two add ons I mentioned above, have autogen.

I'd really like to have sufficient night lighting. I also have Ultimate Terrain, but it is not installed, the performance drop is just too significant.

Sorry, I don't get the point. There is photo scenery without any autogen. I fully understand that it won't work with these addons. Just to be clear, the two add ons I mentioned above, have autogen.

I'd really like to have sufficient night lighting. I also have Ultimate Terrain, but it is not installed, the performance drop is just too significant.

As said above, the lights *work* like autogen. So, if there is no autogen with the photoscenery, there is most likely not going to be any lights with it either.

So, if you have photoscenery *with* autogen, it will most likely work with the scenery.

I have seen cases where the lights have shown through photoscenery - but could not find a rhyme-or-reason. For example, I have seen some lights appear in MegaScenery Southern California and in little patches in Aerosoft's Los AngelesX. Contacting the developers on this, as far as I could understand (English is not their first language nor Italian is mine - at least I think they are Italian, ha!), it can appear if there are custom roads created for that scenery. So I created a few custom highways but the results were mixed. Could be a combination of different prioirties of scenery layers and their resolution but never dove into it deeper.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Usually the photoscenery "stops" near an addon airport, and the default scenery shows with autogen. And usually downtown buildings or other custom objects will appear even though there is photoscenery installed.

Well what other "addons" were you running. Did you have a complex aircraft? Did you have heavy weather? What were your sliders at?

How 'bout you go back and read my post? What other add-ons was I running?

Only add-ons installed during the test were GEX and UTX (testing systematically with UTX lights on, then off).

What were my sliders at?

System tuning according to Nick Needham's tuning guides over at Simforums.

You can read about the slider settings here and here and here.

Complex aircraft? See re: add-ons, above. Default C172 and default B206.

Heavy weather? No, no weather. This was a performance test of a single add-on in a new install under controlled conditions.

Now, here's a question for you. What were you doing in the summer of 1989? Here's what I was doing - creating one of the first publications devoted to flight simulation. Which is to say that I've been at this a while. Which is to say that I pretty much know what I'm doing. Which is to say that maybe a different tone is in order. Because, just maybe, your superior performance with Experience X is the result of the extreme variation of FSX installs on different systems, and not your remarkable competence. And my poor performance with Experience X is the result of the extreme variation of FSX installs on different systems, and not my remarkable lack of competence.

So maybe come back to me with a bit more respect - or at least the benefit of the doubt - and then we can have a worthwhile conversation. Worth a shot?

The premise behind ExperienceX is they designed it to work like autogen. So it has the same principles: the more lights you add the more it could impact your FPS.

That begins to make sense of my highly variable performance - though strangely, my current setup doesn't seem all that sensitive to different levels of autogen. But different settings within Experience X might have made a difference. I'm currently tuning other things and solving other issues as I get my new install set up, but I'd be up for re-installing them and trying again - maybe also in a different geographic location - at some point.

Guest Mik75

VFR Germany and Switzerland Pro both have custom autogen. The rivers and roads are customised (showing standard FSX car traffic), so most probably it should work...

How 'bout you go back and read my post? What other add-ons was I running?

You only said you were at "Washington DC". You NEVER said what aircraft you were flying, or if you had *ADDON* scenery installed.

What were my sliders at?

Yes..

Now, here's a question for you. What were you doing in the summer of 1989? Here's what I was doing - creating one of the first publications devoted to flight simulation. Which is to say that I've been at this a while. Which is to say that I pretty much know what I'm doing. Which is to say that maybe a different tone is in order. Because, just maybe, your superior performance with Experience X is the result of the extreme variation of FSX installs on different systems, and not your remarkable competence. And my poor performance with Experience X is the result of the extreme variation of FSX installs on different systems, and not my remarkable lack of competence.

Well assuming THAT, we both have Intel core processors, the same ones, that we both installed Experience X. If I load it up with my *Autogen Levels* turned DOWN, and your levels were turned UP, of coarse, your FPS would be lower, because, as said above, the Lights *work* like autogen. SO, again, as I've said 3 times now, IF you have a *properly overclocked* INTEL core processor (because Intel Cores are the latest and most powerful technology for FSX), such as an i5, or an i7, if you get poor performance, you oviously have one of 2 things:

1. Your sliders are WAY too high (mostly autogen)

2. Your addon combination is too much.

You don't need to have developed "Flight Simming programs since 1989" to comprehend.