Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Experience X. Get it.

Just uninstalled mine for good - will wait for ORBX world lighting.

Edit : Just checked and I posted this already. oops - However - if they update it - I will give it another try.

Those of you wondering about photoscenery compatibility, if you dig through your autogen folder you can find the lights in there. You will have to manually place them using the annotator so it does take a bit of time. I managed to get it working on some custom PS I made with SBuilderX

A little patience, we had some problems at the interface of the 1.3 update

A few more days please.

Thanks to all

Gibaba

Looking forward to the update how will we be notified ? thank you

Rich Sennett

Will be notified of alert email to Simmarket and fórum Avsim.

thank you

Gibaba

A little patience, we had some problems at the interface of the 1.3 update

A few more days please.

Thanks to all

Gibaba

It's been a month, more then just "a few days."

I can't use your product because of the FPS hit I take.

When is 1.3 coming so we can disable the light poles and save some FPS?

Same question. I hesitate daily to contact developer via e-mail for update status. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

It's been a month, more then just "a few days."

I can't use your product because of the FPS hit I take.

When is 1.3 coming so we can disable the light poles and save some FPS?

+1

Just downloaded and installed the new version. No poles option for highway lights--great! On the other hand...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to recall that the city lights never used to have poles, but now they all do. The FPS hit is tremendous and FSX actually crashes on loading in large cities. Is there any way to disable the poles for the city lights? If not I'm afraid this isn't really usable for me...

James

I downloaded the update but have not installed it. I was waiting for some users to report their results.

The pdf shows an option to disable the highway poles, but theres's no option for city poles. You can also enable autogen simulator. What is that?

Edit:

After installing version 1.3 and playing with the setting, I'm now a happy customer. Thanks to the developer for assiduously trying to improve this add-on.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I sent an email to BeetlePrint some time ago and suggested an option to remove light poles, and I'm glad the developer accepted it. :) Version 1.20 is working just fine on my conf, 30-35fps with some highway lights and dense city lights. So removing the lightpoles will only improve fps, I will test it later tonight.

EDIT:

Just did the testing over Munich. autogen very dense:
Default: 80fps

Exp. X 1.20: 40fps (normal city lights, highway lights 300m)

Exp. X 1.30: 43fps (normal city lights, with autogen, highway lights 300m, no poles)

I don't really see any significant fps gain without light poles, sadly. Also I don't see a point of editing FSX.CFG file t oadapt no autogen settings from Experience X. Without editing FSX.CFG and with disabling autogen in Exp. X, FPS is around 28. Why? Because the number of lights is much higher without autogen, especially on very dense and without editing fsx.cfg.

The next step for me to gain FPS is to disable highway lights, or to change the distance to 500m or higher.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

DJJose and Pe11e, have you managed to disable light poles for city lights? If so, how? If not, aren't you finding a (new) huge performance impact?

Disabling light poles under the highway lights option also disables light poles for the city lights, I tested that in FSX. Every single light is without pole, I slew a bit to check that. :)

No new perfomance impact, I you can read above perfomance is practically the same as in earlier versions.

OK--it appears that unchecking "poles" in the highway lights box can disable city lights poles--but only if highway lights are also enabled. Seems a bit counterintuitive! Shame, since what I'd really like to do is have city lights (with no poles) and no highway lights at all.

Oh well, maybe next update.

James

I am having a hard time to get it working with UTX & GEX.

I cant wait to see those lights...

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD