Sign in to follow this  
Taipan

Shooting into the air

Anyone see this video before?

Either people are idiots shooting at a plane they hear buzzing overhead, or there is just that many people firing off guns into the air on new years eve that allow this thing to happen by "chance".

What does the NRA suggest as countermeasure? ^_^ More seriously, that's a shocking situation the video describes. Are there more details available on where exactly he flew?

I had read the story, but had not seen the video. The victim was very lucky. While some might think flying during such celebrations was poor judgment, such firearm usage is highly irresponsible and unnecessary.

Heh, that remind me of some story I watched at some TV show. The TV show is about solving deaths and murders, its about real stories, recreated by actors and narrated by police inspectors that worked at case.

Story goes something like this: In some town, some couple had sex in their bed, guy was on top, and suddenly he fell dead. Woman thought he died because of heart attack and she felt guilty. But when doctors examined body at autopsy they discovered there was no trace of heart attack. After many hours of investigating, they found out there is a bullet in his anus. Police came back at the room and found bullet hole somewhere in window frame or so. Finally, they found out bullet came from nearby town, when during some celebration, some guy shot into the air.

Yikes how crazy is that.

That's it.. no more flying on News Years eve for me.

RJ

Scary stuff, guns are just as dangerous as planes.. but much easier to get than a pilots license or even a drivers license in some places.

They really only have one purpose.. but I'll hold my tongue there lest we have another political debate on here lol

Heh, that remind me of some story I watched at some TV show. The TV show is about solving deaths and murders, its about real stories, recreated by actors and narrated by police inspectors that worked at case.

Story goes something like this . . . .

Which television show was that? Are you sure the incident was not over-dramatized? The circumstances seem suspiciously coincidental and ironic. . . .

Thats show emitted at Serbian national television, police inspectors told the story with details of investigations.

My advice to anyone contemplating viewing fireworks from the air on New Years Eve or 4th of July would be maintain at least 5000ft of altitude. When I was in the Army that was considered out of effective small arms range.

To me it always seemed pretty reckless to shoot into the air, after all, what goes up must come down. There are more cases of people being killed and injured by bullets returning to earth than the poor guy already mentioned.

That's the first I've heard of a pilot getting hit, but down here in Florida, people get hit on the ground from the air every year from idiots shooting into the air on New Year's or 4th of July!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Story goes something like this: In some town, some couple had sex in their bed, guy was on top, and suddenly he fell dead. Woman thought he died because of heart attack and she felt guilty. But when doctors examined body at autopsy they discovered there was no trace of heart attack. After many hours of investigating, they found out there is a bullet in his anus. Police came back at the room and found bullet hole somewhere in window frame or so. Finally, they found out bullet came from nearby town, when during some celebration, some guy shot into the air.

Seems a rather strange story. If the guy was on top his anus couldn't have been tilted high enough to get a bullet up it. The trajectory would have to be relatively flat to get a bullet up the kazoo. Not only that but how could there have been no blood coming out of his anus that the lady or police didn't spot? I've never seen a blood shout wound that didn't bleed.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Seems a rather strange story. If the guy was on top his anus couldn't have been tilted high enough to get a bullet up it. The trajectory would have to be relatively flat to get a bullet up the kazoo. Not only that but how could there have been no blood coming out of his anus that the lady or police didn't spot? I've never seen a blood shout wound that didn't bleed.

Maybe the woman was not really a woman and "she" was packing some heat, if you know what I mean.

Or they were into some kinky s$&& and the fooling around back fired (pun intended)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Man you guys make a laugh! Thanks for that made my night

To arm pilots so we can have fly-by shootings...

I saw those. In GTAIV. Glad reality finally catches up.