Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

FSX Default 737-800 Modification

Hello AVSim users,

I am modifying the Default 737 for FSX, trying to make it operate a little more realistically, I have found many helpful websites and PDF's on the web thanks to google, however a few things still elude me.

All questions below pertain to the General Electric CFM56-7B27 Engines

Q: What is the Engine Inlet Area in Square Feet? (FSX default is set to 19.6)

Q: What is the MAXIMUM rated N2 RPM? (FSX default is set to 29,920)

I realize that I could just buy the iFly737 or PMDG 737NGX but I wanted to make the default better and share it with my group so that people who don't want to learn complex flight systems have something fairly realistic to fly in.

Thanks for any and all help, links to the information are also welcome if you so should choose :)

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Google is your friend.

Google the manufacturer's ( CFM not General Electric) web site for a data sheet . If that doesn't give enough Google "type data sheet" for that engine.

I believe that the engine inlet across all the CFM56-7B series are the same so that may answer one of my questions, the MAX N2 RPM even using the search techniques is coming up with a blank.

OK so I got some more information, maybe this will help someone else out in the future....

CFM56-7B27E Info:

MAX N2 - 15,183 RPM

MAX Static Thrust - 27,300

Thrust Specific Fuel Consumption - 0.38

Engine Inlet Area (Square Feet) - 22.619

That's no excuse not to buy the PMDG NGX. You don't have to learn anything except basic fmc programming. You can load the engines running panel state and be ready to fly.

That's no excuse not to buy the PMDG NGX. You don't have to learn anything except basic fmc programming. You can load the engines running panel state and be ready to fly.

Yeah, but the default is more fps friendly.

There is allready a few good mods out there of the default 737:

http://fsxluchoals.blogspot.no/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=23

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yeah, but the default is more fps friendly.

There is allready a few good mods out there of the default 737:

http://fsxluchoals.b...&max-results=23

@ Gear Up And Off : I had PMDG's 737 for 2004, it was great. FMC's don't scare me at all, I am a PC Technician, learning this kind of stuff is second nature to me. There are many reasons why I want to correctly modify the Default 737, here are a few examples....

1. Not everyone wants to shell out 70 USD for an aircraft even though that aircraft is quite possibly the best on the net.

2. Not everyone wants to be tied to an FMC, in fact FMC's especially to new comers scare the flight out of them most times.

3. Like Simmerhead said, the default is much more FPS friendly and not everyone has the best hardware.

4. Aside from the FDE, the default 737 is a nice looking aircraft with a decent VC (albeit limited in its capacity).

@ Simmerhead, I agree and thanks for the link, I am taking a look at the 737's now!

FMC's don't scare me at all, I am a PC Technician, learning this kind of stuff is second nature to me.

What does being a PC Tech have to do with learning an FMC?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

how about the Ifly?

That one's still 60 dollars.

What does being a PC Tech have to do with learning an FMC?

I'm a shoe salesman so programming an FMC has no secret for me neither.

too much, too soon....

Al Bundy?

was exactly thinking of him when I wrote my message.. :lol:

too much, too soon....

I can program an FMC because I stayed at a holiday inn express last night

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.