Sign in to follow this  
SKeller

"Master Caution Anti-Ice"

Hi Stefan

I was hoping to find something that you may have been missing out or doing in the wrong order, but it looks like you were doing everything correctly.

I suspect the problem may be technical rather than procedural. I just could not reproduce your fault on my computer at all, its very strange how different computers throw up different problems, a real headache for developers like Bryan.

It looks like Bryan is performing his 'magic' already with a test fix, good luck I'm sure it will be sorted very soon.

Regards

Glen

Glen

Hi Stefan,

Just in case, have you tried to create a new "NGX Long" save file from scratch and made a test with this new file ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Could be... as a fix, I might just add a new condition so that the probe heat fail call is not available until the Before Takeoff checklist has been completed.

But if random failures are set to on, what if the failure occurs between engine start and the before takeoff checklist ? It won't be recognize by Emergency NGX.

vpa055.png

But if random failures are set to on, what if the failure occurs between engine start and the before takeoff checklist ? It won't be recognize by Emergency NGX.

It wouldn't be recognized immediately... it would be recognized when the mode is advanced to Before Takeoff.

Remember that fix is just a test fix... not a permanent fix.... and it may not even make a difference.

I'm still inclined to think there may be something 'funky' going on with the PMDG panel state file in some way shape or form.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your input. The Panel State I normally use for startup is a custom save based on PMDG's 'NGX Long'. (I just switched to hPa and Radio Altimeters and then immediately saved again under a different name.) So, in total, I tried four different panel states: My custom one (fails), 'Long' and 'Short' as provided by PMDG (both fail) plus 'Cold & Dark' which is the only one that did not result in a Master Caution after engine start.

Bryan: Would it help if I sent you the panel state files? I haven't found the time yet to test your fix. Will do tonight (I'm UTC+1).

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Stefan,

You wrote : "The Panel State I normally use for startup is a custom save based on PMDG's 'NGX Long'. (I just switched to hPa and Radio Altimeters and then immediately saved again under a different name"

Forgive me if I misunderstood your answer, just to be sure have you tried to create the panel state from scratch ? Load FSX>>>load NGX>>>any place>>>create a panel state like the PMDG "NGX Long" not from the original PMDG panel>>>save it and test.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

But how do I load the NGX without loading a panel state at the same time? I don't quite get how I could create a panel state "from scratch".

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

The sentence "from scratch" was not appropriate, sorry.

What I mean is to create/configure your own NGX Long panel state from for example the PMDG "Cold and Dark" panel state or any other excepted (important) from the original PMDG "NGX Long" ! It's possible the problem comes there may be

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

Hi,

I have a couple of 737-800 saved flights, one that exhibits the problem and one that doesn't. Both are at the stage where we're ready to start the engines.

The first - with the problem - was saved after starting with a cold & dark cockpit but before I'd even launched FS2Crew, having completed the preflight etc. myself.

The second - without the problem - was saved after loading the above saved flight and simply launching FS2Crew. In other words, the only difference between the two saved flights is that the second one opens with FS2Crew already running.

If it helps, I can send these on to you.

Stephen Banks