Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Flytampa, Aerosoft or Imaginesim Hong Kong?

The first two are both the exact same products but only published by a different company (by Aerosoft in the first link). The 3rd one is and entirely different airport: the newer Hong Kong airport that replaced the older Kai Tak one.

For more realistic operations for today you would want to pick Imaginesim one as that's the new Hong Kong airport which is currently in operation while the other one, Kai Tak was closed in 1998.

However Kai Tak on the other hand had totally unique approach with that steep turn while new Hong Kong airport is kind of boring typical major international airport, so probably you would find the Flytampa/Aerosoft Kai Tak way more interesting and entertaining to fly into.

Thanks. I'm flying for a VA which uses the new VHHH so I'll get the Imaginesim first.

Get both then you'll have the full Hong Kong experience with both airports plus the whole city and you can pick which airport you want to use each time.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

VHHH is in the default scenery, too.

VHHX appears (visually) as a closed field, but isn't active in FSX anymore.

Imaginesim's airports aren't bad, but FlyTampa's are, IMO, "best in class".

From FlyTampa's airports, VHHX even excels for its atmosphere and included cityscape.

As far as my Top 5 airports in FSX are concerned, VHHX is one of those ...

I highly recommend FlyTampa Hong Kong, as it greatly enhances Hong Kong and its surroundings (i.e., it provides more than just an airport). It significantly improves immersion even if you are flying over VHHX to, say, VHHH RWY 25 L/R. Plus, the default VHHH is quite decent compared to others.

Consider trying the Imagine Sim VHHH trial version, as it does not seem performance-friendly.

If you get Imaginesim's and if you need support at all you can forget it !!! Fly Tampa's scenery is top notch AND has GREAT support when you need it, should you need it.

Jim Wenham

Never needed support on FlyTampa's airports; they work like a charm for me.

I can confirm Imaginesim's performance issues to a certain extent, even though a couple of their releases have received performance SPs in the meantime.