Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Finally! A great Connie for FS2004

Yes, you're right. That's the problem with trying to list the best, you always miss someone. It's been a great summer for freeware.

Thanks to all of the team. It is surely a beauty. Love the exhaust too! The panels are excellent. I was sure glad to see your use of the toggle buttons. I hate using the keyboard. The only mod I made is adding Bill Morad's ATC panel so I can use the ATC without the keyboard. My hat's off to the team! Can't wait for the VC. Best regards, Bob.

>Has anyone else had a problem with this Connie dying in the>middle of a flight? >BillYes this is a known problem and you can read the reports on the web site forums.The are currently working on it.

John

Guest Tim W

Same here, have had a CTD several times when changing views after take off, sim runs for a few secs with no sound or texture on the aircraft then an error message with an error in FS9.exeAll these with the Pan Am aircaft, I did manage 2 flights on first install with the KLM version. Perhaps a fresh computer boot after the crash may delay the inevitable.Here's hoping it's fixed soon, I loved flying the aircraft. Some great features in the panel and I love the exhaust flames, also available on our MAAMSIM B-25 Briefing Time!CheersTimhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

I don't suppose it works in 2K2?Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest JEH

I just did my maiden flight after studying the proceedurals. What a superlative work of art. Thank you gentlemen for your outstanding efforts. I will be spending many entertaining hours in your creation.BRAVO!John

Guest McFly

What a beautiful gift. I must say this is a fantastic airplane. . . freeware or payware. This is a labor of love that we the flight sim community are graciously awarded by the extremely talented and dedicated artists who share their love of airplanes. Thank you kindly for this brilliant effort and to those other artists mentioned above. McFly

Guest racartron

Oh ye of little faith :) It most asuredly DOES work in FS2002. But you will have to insert an air file from another FS2002 bird. Any one from a connie will work. I use the one from TWA02CBTW, this is one of the most beautiful add-ons I have ever seen and I have a huge inventory ;)-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

Well that's set Sat off to a good start!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Racartron'I use the one from TWA02C' If this air file is freeware, could you please e-mail it to me at : gavin@idea.net.plI'd be very grateful. Thanks!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Guest paddy

Both photographs show the Lockheed Constellation Type L-749A, in service with KLM - Royal Dutch Airlines during the fifties of the past century.In their booklet KLM - The Flying Dutchman, the company states:QuoteThe Lockheed Constellation is one of the best known and, aerodynamically, one of the most handsome, long-distance aircraft. The type L-749A "Gold Plate" can remain airborne for 20 hours after taking off with 5,800 US gallons of fuel in its six fuel tanks in the wings.The four Wright Cyclone engines, each of which develops a take off power of 2.540 h.p. give the aircraft a cruising speed of 300 m.p.h. at an altititude of 20,000 feet. The maximum take-off weight is 107,000 lbs.The L-749A can carry 32 - 61 passengers in the different versions or a payload of 5 1/2 tons.UnquoteTo give an idea of flightimes back in those days:The Connie Type L-749A with registration PH-TAV, under command of Captain Snitselaar, flew the stretch New York - Amsterdam in an elapsed flightime of 11 hours 4 minutes.The aircraft was pressurized and capable to fly "above the weather".Paddy.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Finally got some time to fly around a bit and give this plane a try. Holy god, it's pretty sweet! What a beautiful model. Wow...

Guest dzignguy

Greetings Gentlemen,I want to thank all of you for giving our new baby a try. We have spent a lot of time getting here to this point and wil spend a whole lot more taking her to bigger and better versions. We realize there are some issues out there and are working hard to nail them down! We hope you will visit our Public forum set up to discuss its future and any issues that might arise. www.fsdzigns.comHowever, if you already are signed up with too many forums, as I am....:-))) I will keep an eye on AVSIM to keep abreast of any issues as they arrive. Thanks again for you kind words, we appreciate them greatly! They make the long hours worth it! We hop you have many good hours "Dancing" with our "Star."Best Regards,John Howard Whitedzignguy

Many thanks are due to John and the folks at FSDZigns for a truly outstanding aircraft. While I usually like to fly with a vc, I must say your 2d panel is wonderful!I can't thank you enough. I'm off now to join your forum - looks like an interesting sim future thanks to FSDZigns.