Sign in to follow this  
agutz

Ultimate Traffic 2: Traffic disappearing over water

I had no idea the developer was gone. That explains why they only keep releasing just new flight plans every season. What happened to the developer? Went on to a different project or just disappeared?

Went on to a different project or just disappeared?

I find software developers vanishing into thin air pretty rare, so I think he just probably changed work postion somewhere else :) Qualified programmers and devs most likely can make better living by doing something other than flightsim addons.

Interesting thread. I got UT2 and hated the traffic disappearing whenever i flew the North Atlantic tracks! perhaps i should buy it again when they fix the issue.

I've got to be honest, I've never noticed this until I saw this thread. Just a quick guess at the issue, could it be that the flight plans run out of waypoints? Flying transatlantic you'll run out of named waypoints and airways and switch onto lat/lon fixes. I wonder if UT2 can work on these? If you've ever asked fsx to create a route across the Atlantic with the high altitude airways, you'll see it route you via Africa.

Just a thought.

Jess B

Jess<br /><br />Nice thoughts....but this issue occurs over ANY sea/ocean and not just the Atlantic - for example it happens in/over the English Channel (the western end), North Sea, Bay of Biscay etc. It doesn't have to be a vast ocean like Atlantic/Pacific.<br /><br />Those smaller expanses of water all contain named waypoints yet the flights still disappear 30-40 miles out.<br /><br />As I've said...it would be nice if Flight 1 could even give us a clue but they can't.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Steve

FSCamp and Jess,

You are not alone! I think the vast majority of UT2 users aren't aware oft it. It took me more than a year to notice that something is amiss. One just assumes there is less AI traffic over open water, but no traffic at all?

Whether you consider this to be "a real drawback" or "not entirely a showstopper", "more of a technical oddity" or "quite annoying, but not much of a 'bad' thing" everyone has to decide for her/himself.

What made me starting this thread here in the AVSIM forum was the love-it-or-leave-it attitude of Flight 1.

Regards, Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

I also posted the facts over on Flight 1 Face book,Right under their gift certificate for UT2.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I also posted the facts over on Flight 1 Face book,Right under their gift certificate for UT2.

Looks like it has been deleted Jim, because there are currently no comments on that at all...

I just wanted to let you know that this topic has been taken up again on the licensed users only forum by another user:

"I was going to resurrect this topic not for the purpose of taunting or badgering flight1 but we have all been sold a product that was advertised to do something and its been discovered that it doesn't perform like it should. I have seen topics like this go away (with other products) with no remedy and I just don't want to see it happen here."

The answer of Flight1:

"Again, this issue has been notated and if there is any progress on it, I will surely let you all know.  As I stated on the closed thread, we are rather stuck with this bug for the time being. I appreciate the test cases here.  These will come in handy if the bug is ever addressed in the future."

That doesn't look very promising. UT2 AI traffic will still disappear over water "for the time being" (after all, the earth is mostly covered by water).

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

I do a lot of flights between Aussie and NZ (Trans Tasman) and have seen UT2 AI vanish just off the coast. I now use Orbx Freeware Ai for Oceania, and MTX 5.4B for rest of the world.

I doubt also that any new schedules will be released for UT2, and the database over the last few years has become smaller and smaller, with prominent airlines not included anymore.

As Flight1 are well aware that UT2 does not  fly in oceanic airspace, maybe it should be noted on the product page ?

I purchased UT2 when it was first released, and have enjoyed using it. I believe I got my monies worth out of it, but now I think it no longer offers me what I expect from an AI addon, so has been uninstalled.

One of the best Ai Addons I recently installed is the Orbx freware AI for OZ and NZ. And MTX also meets my needs now.

Has UT2 come to the end of it's useful life ? Maybe it has.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If what someone else posted is true, the developers are long gone, so the chances of this being fixed are slim to none. Sad, because UT is the only AI addon that has AI traffic flying real airline routes with sid/stars. Everyone else flies GPS direct.

Well even if no new schedules come nothing prevents UT2 users from updating their traffic using Powerpack...

What I like in UT2 the most is the fact that I have full control over my AI through very simple to use UI, while with Mytraffic adding or deleting airlines seemed to be rather complex process. 

Mytraffic adding or deleting airlines seemed to be rather complex process

Never had to do that. I installed it, configured it, and forgot it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yeah sure it's not anything essential, but Mytraffic seems to have many airlines flying with outdated liveries, aircraft and so on, if I wanted to get traffic that is up to date it would require a lot of configuring compared to how easy it's with UT2. 

Yeah, hear what your saying. It does have new liveries for most if not all, but what I have noticed is the odd historic livery showing up, like Thai Airways, with the cheat line on the fuselage.

it is a real shame that there will probably be no more development on UT2, as it is a fantastic concept, and using simconnect was in itself a bonus in that the AI flew real flight plans as has been mentioned in this thread.