Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Spoon

[RESOLVED] Why is the forum so slow lately SMH

Guest Captain Spoon

Brown Nosers detected

It took me almost 10 MINUTES just to get this thead posted, that's how laggy the page is lately, why the heck it takes so long to open the other threads? it use to not be like that, if something it's not broken why fix it? GEESH 

Cheers

Captain, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the slow speeds. Can you please do the following and let me know if you see an improvement?

1: Clear DNS Cache and Internet Files (google DNS Cache to see how to do it in different browsers)

2: Confirm that you are experiencing this on ANY page, and not just the front page, this post, etc.

Thanks!

Brown Nosers detected

Not at all. It would be no different if Tom or any mods on here came over to my house to visit me. Nothing to do with Brown Nosing. Just treating others how I like to be treated.

There is no shortage of people hiding behind a keyboard on the internet but I am not one of those

Matthew Kane

Guest Captain Spoon

It is just suspicous that your first few posts on AVSIM would be to go after Tom is all. Yes I did have 10 first posts once and I treated Tom like I was a guest in his house. I still treat Tom with that respect today.

Your statement is still invalid, I've been lurking the forum for over a year now, it was not until last month that i decided to make an account for some assistance that i needed.

Cheers

Captain, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the slow speeds. Can you please do the following and let me know if you see an improvement?

1: Clear DNS Cache and Internet Files (google DNS Cache to see how to do it in different browsers)

2: Confirm that you are experiencing this on ANY page, and not just the front page, this post, etc.

Thanks!

I will try that, thanks.

Cheers

God-forbid someone questions Tom The Great, otherwise his minions and ###### get their feathers all ruffled up.

Thanks for the help again @Chase

Your statement is still invalid, I've been lurking the forum for over a year now, it was not until last month that i decided to make an account for some assistance that i needed.

Cheers

Well then welcome to the forums. I hope you get your issues sorted. We are a good bunch on here so feel free to hang out more often. All the best

Matthew Kane

Well truth be known, I am the one that invented the Internet, I started it back in 1969, I keep on trying to finish it but the problem is people just keep adding on to it. So please, I ask you people....Please stop adding to the internet so I can finally finish it and retire already.

Cheers :LMAO:

:Applause: :Applause:

God-forbid someone questions Tom The Great, otherwise his minions and ###### get their feathers all ruffled up.

Therefore since you picked a fight, do you think that we should let you insult the owner, publisher and CEO of AVSIM without letting ourselves be provoked? Do you think we are spineless jellyfish without self respect or so soft hearted that it has led to being less than men? Do you think that perhaps we are trying to act and not to react to being kicked in the gut? Do you think that we are soft in the head?

Guess what?

Kind regards,

Simple rule: Speak of someone as if they were physically standing right in front of you. You are not.

Show respect because you want to be treated with respect.

Show courtesy because you want to be given courtesy.

Show humility because the odds are against you knowing everything.

Respect, courtesy, humility... three things in very short supply on this planet these days. No wonder people want to go to Mars!

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Captain Spoon,

There is a point where no matter how even handed we try to be, there are situations where decisions to suspend or ban someone is out of our hands. The more

I think about it, the more you must go. You are banned. Don't blame Tom, blame me.

Kind regards,

There is a point where no matter how even handed we try to be, there are situations

Good thing I'm not the one making the decision Stephen... as I'd be recreating the "Escape Pod Scene"  (from 25secs to 43secs).

Always as fun watching people trying to reason with the unreasonable. At least someone had the good sense to put the foot down.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

jumping in here, if you still see speed issues, clear your dns with an:

ipconfig /flushdns from your windows machine command line (cmd)

Don't ask me about Mac, I don't know. :)

And then clear your cache in whatever browser you are using. With the changes we've made and those two commands, it was excellent for me in last hour.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler