Sign in to follow this  
Sjurd Vrancken

Lagg

Hello everyone.

I've a little issue that i don't understand.

On youtube i've seen some video's about fsx. and they are using the same textures and addons as me somethimes more then me.

I have:

REX

some mega airport X textures

PMDG boeing 737-800NG

ENB texture.

PC Specs,

CPU: I7 2600K 3.40GHz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 580

MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V PRO

All drivers are updated..

And my FSX is lagging a little bit.. Not very hard i can run it pretty smooth, but its not 100% smooth... LIke without any hitch... 

SOme people on youtube runs it 100% smooth with less specs then me.. And more addons... Do i have something wrong?

WHat it might be my FSX and addons are not installed on a SSD but on a normal hdd sata 3 i think

greetings!

Some Aerosoft airports perform significantly poorer than others do. Also, exterior views, which are the focus of many videos, perform better than the VC does.

Have you experimented with lower settings (especially involving clouds, traffic, and water) and tweaked FSX.cfg, referencing the AVSIM FSX Hardware and Software Guide

FSX will never ever run 100% smooth, its just the nature of the coding and software.

To improve things, overclock your cpu :)

On youtube it's false as FRAPS and video capture doesn't always indicate the stutters in the flight simulator

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

A trick lots of youtubers these days use is they film in half speed on FSX, then speed the video up to normal time when they are editing because it causes the videos to show less lag

Hell, you can have FSX rendered directly to video frame-by-frame this days. Obviously no good when you want to show how to operate the airplane, but works very well on "purely beauty" type videos, showcasing scenery and airplane modelling.