Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

BBS Airbus Extreme Prologue V0.70 released

Guest Mik75

Hi guys!

I just wanted to let you know, that there is a new version 0.70 of the BBS Airbus available.

They reworked the logic of the lower ECAM display, improved the A/P, changed some texturing in the VC and did some refinement on the outside model. There is a full change log on their Facebook site. Looks promising! I'll download it and give it a go tonight...

Does anyone own this plane and the Airbus X Extended? How good is this plane compared to the AXE, particularly when it comes to systems realism, Airbus specific implementations, stability and performance?

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Guest Mik75

Does anyone own this plane and the Airbus Extended X? How good is this plane compared to the AXE, particularly when it comes to systems realism, Airbus specific implementations, stability and performance?

At their current states (AXE 1.04 vs BBS 0.61), I prefer the BBS. It's FBW feels much better, the systems are still in a beta stage and not yet completed, but already really good and usable. The VNAV is far better (although still a little sloppy here and there) and the whole thing just feels more like an Airbus in my opinion! I had not a single CTD with both of them. I am really looking forward to giving the 0.70 a go tonight, they improved quite a few things.

Do they both have the same level of systems complexity and flight modelling?

Hello,

no. The BBS has not simulated some systems like IRS. Also the prologue is a "light" Version of the A320. The professional will be released after completion. Currently, some systempages even on EICAS aren't completed. Also see this review: http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/airbus-extreme-prologue-r562 it's a bit dated but gives a good overview. Also keep in mind, BlackBox's lead is the same as PSS lead was... and you know the support and quality back these day's huh?

Guest Mik75

Do they both have the same level of systems complexity and flight modelling?

It is worth mentioning, that the BBS is work in progress. But v 0.61 was already really flyable. The FBW is top notch, the FMGC is nearly complete. Some ECAM pages are (were) missing and most of the systems weren´t simulated properly and more or less FSX standard. But the 0.70 brouhgt many improvements: Hydraulics and electrics are fully customised and working right now.

The dispalys are spot on, and the look and feel of this Airbus is really good in my opinion. It gets better with every release.

if you are going on what is more technically accurate then the BBS is the way to go, the axe has a lot more features but they are not accurate.

Rob Prest

gnomegemini Please kindly be fair and objective. Do you own it? What you like or dislike about it? Please more specific. Dont just "assume" anything. It is kind of cheap you know. Why on earth whenever we have a post about BBS then someone jumps it and tries to hijack it. At least for me I never do the assume thingy to any of Airbux X or any other bus topics out there at all!

Oh, btw, downloading the 0.7 right now. Will report back in this thread (and hope that no one else comes and makes it "under special surveilance/watch or any thing like that LOL)

Hi GodAtum, I am existing customer so I have auto-mail with download link for the new update. And yes on their website they havent yet replaced the banner, I will drop them a note on facebook to ask them (though I think the purchasing system will use the 0.7 version automatically, but you can wait for them to update just of sure :) ). Please bear with them, I believe they had  little sleep for some days recently to make sure 0.7 is out so a little rest now will help :).

I have it, here's is my opinion on V7.

-NO IRS ALIGNMENT, right now. 

-Hydraulics simulated extremely well,, much better than AXE's. Control surfaces droop according to what hydraulic system is on, i.e left elevator might droop when the right doesn't, etc. It's really cool and great. 

-RAT simulated very well. Hydraulic pressure from RAT changes according to airspeed, and controls feel more 'heavy' at lower speeds.

-Electrics work like the real thing as well

-Pneumatic, air, bleed etc. are implemented but not to the level of hydraulics and electrics yet. That'll come later.

-FMC is very very good, it's missing some stuff but the main stuff is there

-Autopilot is the best in any airbus product right now, miles ahead of Wilco and better than AXE. 

-Exterior model is decent but not to the level of AXE's. It's much better than Wilco's though. There is room for improvement here.

-Almost all lower ECAM displays now work, I think the consequence one is the only one that doesn't work. -

-You CANNOT turn off any of the FADECs or ELACs yet. 

-Engine manual start works

-FBW fully implemented and is very good, the best of the 3 airbuses IMO. 

Overall, this product is VERY good and for me the most stable Airbus out there. Also, it has a 2D panel which rocks if you are into it. I would wholeheartedly recommend it. The BBS guys are also great and active on there FB page and support!

I have it, here's is my opinion on V7.

Thank you for your explanation :) Can I import a flight plan from something like FSBuild?

FS Build will allow you to export plans for compatibility with various aircraft, like the PMDG737 or the default aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I bought both of them and really like them both since for me they simulate slightly different aircrafts (axe is the new version of airbus, bbs is the older one). based on my experience with axe, and today's tests of the bbs 0.7, here is a like to like flying experience comparison between the 320s of BBS 0.7 and AXE 1.04 ( 4 test flights at 3000 feet, and 2 150 nm flights).

Start up

-batteries: Axe yes bbs yes
-External power: Axe yes bbs yes
-IRS: Axe yes bbs no
-APU: Axe (faster start) bbs (more realistic start)
-pax: Axe yes bbs yes
-ignition and start: axe yes bbs yes

Systems and displays

MCDU (FMC)
-both are the same except the vdev in the prog page of bbs (currently not working in Axe)

PFD
-Axe simulates the new airbus pfd version/bbs simulates the older airbus pfd version
-CATI,II and III display on bbs pfd needs to be reviewed

-blinking ILS indicator on the lower right side of the pfd (an indication to turn on the LS display) is not simulated with bbs (included in axe).
ND
-both display correct sids and stars
-TOD (bbs is more accurate)
-Axe still have some minor problem (the lnav is still fragile)
-Decelerate point is displayed with bbs, will be included in axe 1.05 (invisible only)
-ILS APP/VOR APP is displayed on AXE ND but not with bbs
upper ECAM
-Again axe simulates the new airbus version, bbs simulates the older one, I see no other difference in both.

Flying experience and FBW

-They both have good FBW, FBW protections are simulated in both airplanes 

-Rotation speed is very high in AXE, better with bbs

-bbs feels more heavy (pitch and roll), AXE feels more easy to handle
-if cruising below 10k feet, bbs exceeds the 250 knots limit and follow the cruise speed. axe respects the 250 rule in this condition
-VNAV is included with bbs, will be included in axe 1.0
-when approach is activated, axe decelerate to clean speed, bbs decelerate to FLP RETR Speed (needs to be reviewed)
-BBS tends to float a lot while flaring, AXE is more heavy in flare

This is what i personally face, bugs may appear with some simmers and not with others, if you are not having problems/bugs similarly to what i have with both planes please let me know, so i can find ways to correct them!

at the end either AXE or BBS, they are both good to have, as they are the first slightly professional airbuses in the fsx skies... let us see what FSL will bring (hopes are high!).