Sign in to follow this  
leijerry888

737NGX encountering gear down and speed reducing problems when approaching

Hi, everyone,

Recently, some of my friends who fly PMDG 737NGX and I encounter the same problem as I mentioned in the title. When getting to the arriving segment. Sometimes, the plane just doesn't reduce speed normally after flaps more than 2 is extended. And the gear cannot be let down normally. However, the gear can be manually  extended by pressing and holding the manual gear down keys several times. Even by this way, the gear down, but the plane still cannot reduce its speed, even with the throttle in idle position or engine shutoff. 

I have met this problem for several times, but not everytime. Other times, it just performs normal, but when I cannot reduce the speed after hitting about 210kts, I know the problem is coming.

So frustrated after a long enroute flying when meeting this thing. I don't know if this is an already existed Bug, and if there is anybody who encounters the same problem. Please inform me the method to solve this problem. Thank you.

Regards,

Jerry

Have you flown the tutorials included with the aircraft?

No, sir. That is because I am familiar with this kind of aircraft, and I am sure this is not a normal situation. What comfused me is, It seems that all this abnormal situations happend in recent months. At least 4 more friends met this specific problem recently. Thanks for your reply.

That is because I am familiar with this kind of aircraft, and I am sure this is not a normal situation.

In order to rule out user error, I'd suggest flying the tutorials first.  The lack of the ability to lower the gear makes me believe that something has been missed, procedurally.

While I apologize for the inevitable insinuation that you don't know what you're doing, it's my nature having worked with computers for too long.  My only other thought would be FSUIPC interaction.  Do you have a flap axis assigned through FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

Just curious about what is your "normal" gear down mode. Because it can be done either by using mouse in VC or by using a button on the joy, or also the G key on the keyboard.

If you have not tried them all, try them.

I really don't know if alternate gear extension keys are active in the ngx as if hydrauics (both) fail the gears cannot be lowered.

Just before thinking about software problems, let us exclude user errors.

As you've not mentioned any thing about the correct configuration of the aircraft or a better explanation of the problem (no gear extension, partial extension, only a red light or something else), we can assume that a possible user error is possible.

Check if you have pressure in the hydraulic A system, also check hyd quantity.

Also if A system is failed b system will be a backup that will automatically work for gear extension so check both of them.

Check for failures in the fmc.

And if the problem is not solved, post a screenshot about the landing gear lever (and lights) and possibly with the lower DU showing the hyd data (and lights), overhead panel hydraulics.

About the difficult in slowing down, also here you have missed some info...

Are you in VNAV, with or without AP, AT.

What is your N1 at a certain altitude (when you have the problem), have you the Anti ice on?

Aircraft model? 600, 700, 800,900 all differs.

Do you have the last update installed?

You need to give us more info.

Play the tutorial and see if the problem is present. 

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Sir,I used 738 NGX for a single airline two times or more everyday,I made every successful landing for sometimes. But oonce I also encountered this problem with gear and speed.I am guranteed for my opearions like the tutorials,but...uh... you see that I cannot understand why it happen.

Just curious about what is your "normal" gear down mode. Because it can be done either by using mouse in VC or by using a button on the joy, or also the G key on the keyboard.

If you have not tried them all, try them.

I really don't know if alternate gear extension keys are active in the ngx as if hydrauics (both) fail the gears cannot be lowered.

Just before thinking about software problems, let us exclude user errors.

As you've not mentioned any thing about the correct configuration of the aircraft or a better explanation of the problem (no gear extension, partial extension, only a red light or something else), we can assume that a possible user error is possible.

Check if you have pressure in the hydraulic A system, also check hyd quantity.

Also if A system is failed b system will be a backup that will automatically work for gear extension so check both of them.

Check for failures in the fmc.

And if the problem is not solved, post a screenshot about the landing gear lever (and lights) and possibly with the lower DU showing the hyd data (and lights), overhead panel hydraulics.

About the difficult in slowing down, also here you have missed some info...

Are you in VNAV, with or without AP, AT.

What is your N1 at a certain altitude (when you have the problem), have you the Anti ice on?

Aircraft model? 600, 700, 800,900 all differs.

Do you have the last update installed?

You need to give us more info.

Play the tutorial and see if the problem is present. 

Basically in a forum we don't know how much you know about the plane, we don't know if you're a virtual pilot, a real pilot, an engineer or something else.

So basically we start from user errors as they are the most common mistakes on a complex aircraft like this.

In order to troubleshoot the problem we need more info about the situation when the problem occurred.

That's normal, or we will tell you to format your PC in order to solve the gear down problem.

Some users are "checklist" dependant, they will do word by word what is ritten without understanding what they're doing, what a switch does, they just push and move knobs.

Now, as a virtual pilot is alone, at home, if he miss a step on the checklist it will encounter problems. Gears maybe one of them, same for the speed.

You need to know that gears are hydraulic powered, what system powers them and you must tell us that the hyd system are working or not, or be prepared for the answer "check your hyd system pressure and qty" because it is the most logic cause of the failure.

For the speed, you must know about the flight idle and approach idle difference, difference that will be present either if you prepare for landing or if you have the eng anti ice on. 

You missed to tell us some important info, without them I can only tell you that could be either a user error or a saved flight error.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

If we're on speed/Decent issues, i have a problem on decent with the A/T, i programme down to 210KTS for example. but it doesnt go down or slow...if i extended the Speed Brakes, the throttles go up all rather quickly.

I have only been expereiencing this problem recently, since about JAN of this year, and i fly the NGX at least once a week, and have been since Christmas 2011...

I am now having the same issue as the OP. Been flying the NGX almost daily,since release, and has me stumped.

Question to you Andy, have you FS2Crew installed ? Emergency NGX ? Button or voice ?

The last thing I installed was Emergency NGX before my problems started.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Question to you Andy, have you FS2Crew installed ? Emergency NGX ? Button or voice ?

The last thing I installed was Emergency NGX before my problems started.

Negative. Just normal operations with nothing new installed and BAM :(

Ok, that rules FS2Crew out. What weather addon, if any ? I am determined to find the cause. I have even re-installed the NGX, deleted the option ini files and re built them.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Gear can't come down and you are below 220kts? Anything yellow lit up on the overhead? specifically hydraulics related?

Again, guys, more info are required, what about the questions already posted?

Help us if you want help.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Some more info: Boeing 737-700 Air New Zealand ZK-NGD repaint

Departing NZAA, Opus weather enabled, FS2Crew emergency NGX, ruled out as the cause.

Departing rnwy23L Sometimes the gear will not raise, (2 reds and 2 greens on gear indicator) flight aborted.

Departing NZAA once again, gear raises, on FAF to NZDN, flaps 10, approx 160 knots, spoiler armed, lower gear, all red on gear indicator, speed increases to 210 knots, then 1 minute later speed continues to climb rapidly in the red. If I bounce the NGX on the ground, gear lowers.

Failures not enabled. Slewing to the ground and wiping the sweat off my brow, fault on FMC states tyre out of balance.

Using latest version of FSUIPC V4866. Registered

Avilasoft EFB (on laptop via simconnect)

Opus weather and cams

Wide client

FS realtime

Latest airac....NavDataPro

PFE for atc

Orbx NZSI, NZNI

I can repeat the same situation @ NZDN each time.

Hope this info helps. One thing I have been thinking about is corupted Sids & stars, may have to look at that.

Cheers

Lek767, on 07 Apr 2013 - 10:42, said:

Screenshots, please, or it didn't happen. ^_^

Cannot supply screen shot, the option for that are greyed out on this forum for me, been like that since the maintenance upgrade.

Since there is more than 1 having this issue, what is the common denominator ? Be good if the OP and others who are having this issue, could post what addons, weather, airac addon they are using, would help a lot.