Sign in to follow this  
leijerry888

737NGX encountering gear down and speed reducing problems when approaching

Unless someone else has a better idea, you should probably take FSUIPC out of the equation first to see if that improves things. Either reset all FSUIPC settings to defaults by temporarily removing your fsuipc.ini file (create a backup copy first, of course), or disable the DLL altogether by editing your dll.xml file (change the <disabled> parameter in the FSUIPC 4 addon section to True). Then attempt your test flight again and see if the NGX behaves differently (i.e. the gear raises properly and you're not encountering any overspeed shenanigans any more).

Unless someone else has a better idea, you should probably take FSUIPC out of the equation first to see if that improve things. Either reset all FSUIPC settings to defaults by temporarily removing your fsuipc.ini file (create a backup first copy, of course), or disable the DLL altogether by editing your dll.xml file (change the <disabled> parameter in the FSUIPC 4 addon section to True).

Certainly worth a shot.Have tried an older version dating back to pre December, but still had the issue. But will certainly try it disabled.

Have my yoke and pedals calibrated through FSX, and do not use FSUIPC for axis or button assignments.

I use FS2Crew for all flap and gear ops.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Think I nailed it. Vatsim option in Opus weather settings appears to be the issue. I don't use FSinn, but I believe that addon can cause the Landing Gear ambiguity as well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That's good news....I am glad you are perhaps chasing down the error to fix the issue you have.

As an aside....& not a dig....

Can anybody out there in forum land please explain to me the advantage to be gained in forking out your 'hard earned' for a decent WX engine only to then inject into it WX data from a VATSIM/IVAO server - that is - to say the least - somewhat inferior to the WX data offerings provided with said WX engine?

In all my 8 years of online flying across the virtual globe in all kinds of guises on both networks I have always used the WX data provided by the product...primarily those from Hi Fi Simulations...& never have I experienced a mismatch requiring the use of VATSIM/IVAO WX data to match what an online controller wants me to do.

I am sure some online flying ###### will now pop up & give me chapter & verse from the rule book.

Beats me...it really does.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Steve, the only time I use the Vatsim option, AS2012 or Opus, is, for me, the only way I can get missing weather stations in Aussie, & NZ, as not all weather stations in Oceania are reported to NOAA.

Now that I see this can cause issue with the NGX, I shall no longer call the Vatsim option, and learn to live without it. At least I know now why all my flights in the US and Europe were trouble free.

G-CIVA, on 07 Apr 2013 - 15:15, said:

I am sure some online flying ###### will now pop up & give me chapter & verse from the rule book.

You will probably get 30 lashes at least :)

I'v found the weather for Australia is fine in AS2012. The extra stations that VATPAC supply to VATSIM's weather feed are generally close enough to bigger airports so as not to worry about too much. We're looking at YMEN, YSBK, YMMB, YPJT and the like, usually less than 40nm from the larger airports like YMML, YSSY, YMAV, YPPH to match the examples given.

Just let the weather engine do it's thing and occasionally you might find a METAR doesn't quite match what you see out the window. Altimeter should be within 1mb or so anyway, just a few clouds or knots of wind might be out here and there in the last 15 miles of your flight.

Think I nailed it. Vatsim option in Opus weather settings appears to be the issue. I don't use FSinn, but I believe that addon can cause the Landing Gear ambiguity as well.

Hi, Julian, could you give me more information about solving this problem? I'm not using Opus. I use AS2012 weather, and flying in Vatsim with Fsinn. How do I solve this problem. And actually, this problem doesn't happen every time to me. So I don't know how you are sure it's been nailed.

If we're on speed/Decent issues, i have a problem on decent with the A/T, i programme down to 210KTS for example. but it doesnt go down or slow...if i extended the Speed Brakes, the throttles go up all rather quickly.

I have only been expereiencing this problem recently, since about JAN of this year, and i fly the NGX at least once a week, and have been since Christmas 2011...

Hi, Andy, it seems that we have the same problem in reducing speed, at that moment, have you tried to extend your gear? When I find that I cannot speed down, I will know that, my gear will not be downed normally. And it doesn't happen everytime, what makes this feeling more awful.

Just curious about what is your "normal" gear down mode. Because it can be done either by using mouse in VC or by using a button on the joy, or also the G key on the keyboard.

If you have not tried them all, try them.

I really don't know if alternate gear extension keys are active in the ngx as if hydrauics (both) fail the gears cannot be lowered.

Just before thinking about software problems, let us exclude user errors.

As you've not mentioned any thing about the correct configuration of the aircraft or a better explanation of the problem (no gear extension, partial extension, only a red light or something else), we can assume that a possible user error is possible.

Check if you have pressure in the hydraulic A system, also check hyd quantity.

Also if A system is failed b system will be a backup that will automatically work for gear extension so check both of them.

Check for failures in the fmc.

And if the problem is not solved, post a screenshot about the landing gear lever (and lights) and possibly with the lower DU showing the hyd data (and lights), overhead panel hydraulics.

About the difficult in slowing down, also here you have missed some info...

Are you in VNAV, with or without AP, AT.

What is your N1 at a certain altitude (when you have the problem), have you the Anti ice on?

Aircraft model? 600, 700, 800,900 all differs.

Do you have the last update installed?

You need to give us more info.

Play the tutorial and see if the problem is present. 

Hi, Andrea, thanks for your thoughtful reply, I say this seems like a bug rather than user error because when the issue happened, I shut down both engines and holding and specific altitude, the plane can still fly without speed lose or even increasing speed. And not only me but also other friends encoutering with the same issue. More than that, this doesn't happen every time, the probability may be 1/5 to 1/3, I'm not sure. So it should rule out operation error. And since it doesn't happen every time, a turorial flight with everything ok doesn't prove anything i think.

Hi,
Have done a bit more research, and found 2 addons that can cause the issue that you describe in your original post. Initially I thought it was the Vatsim option in Opus, but was incorrect in that assumption.

The two offenders are FTG Acars and FSInn.
I have recently joined a VA that required the use of FTG Acars, and seems that causes problems when coupled to the NGX. (Breaks simconnect)

As for FSInn. that too has issues with the NGX, and you may need to google to see if there is a workaround. Sorry I cannot offer a solution, (apart from not using FSInn), but I am sure someone out there knows.

I am sorry , but I am using FSInn all the time and do noy have any issue - and certainly not with not lowering gear / speed reducing.

Can you please specify what issues FSInn has with NGX ? That way we (=other FSInn NGX users) can check this too...

In the meanwhile I google abit, but please explain

Thanks for sharing.

Spiderox, because  leijerry888 did not provide much info, what he was running except FSinn, he may need to check the weather settings to make sure they are correct. There is a post in the Vatsim forum about correct weather settings.

You sound like you have it set correctly, so you have no issues. I cannot second guess another users operation of an addon, except to say it is a starting point to troubleshoot. It is not the NGX causing this problem, but something alongside.

By removing FTG-Acars from running alongside the NGX, it solved the issue for me.

If not user related issue, to me, the better way to solve it in a fast way is to send a ticket to pmdg. The answer will take less than 48 hours.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Hi,

Have done a bit more research, and found 2 addons that can cause the issue that you describe in your original post. Initially I thought it was the Vatsim option in Opus, but was incorrect in that assumption.

The two offenders are FTG Acars and FSInn.

I have recently joined a VA that required the use of FTG Acars, and seems that causes problems when coupled to the NGX. (Breaks simconnect)

As for FSInn. that too has issues with the NGX, and you may need to google to see if there is a workaround. Sorry I cannot offer a solution, (apart from not using FSInn), but I am sure someone out there knows.

Thank you all the same. There is another friend of mine, who uses squawkbox instead of FSInn has the same problem sometimes, so it may not be the cause of this problem. And I never use FTG Acars. We uses a Chinese VA plantform and its own VA client VAFQM. information can be acquired on www.vaocs.net. Again, thanks for your help. Hope this problem can be solved.

Spiderox, because  leijerry888 did not provide much info, what he was running except FSinn, he may need to check the weather settings to make sure they are correct. There is a post in the Vatsim forum about correct weather settings.

You sound like you have it set correctly, so you have no issues. I cannot second guess another users operation of an addon, except to say it is a starting point to troubleshoot. It is not the NGX causing this problem, but something alongside.

By removing FTG-Acars from running alongside the NGX, it solved the issue for me.

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i have the some issue which torture me for a long time!it happened is completed random and without any "aura"!

SUDDENLY cant reduce speed when u r ready for approch! if i selceted flaps 2 or more,the speed will rise violently!the only way to reduce the speed is climb! and even the speed is 170knots, cant let the gear down also----->3 lights red!

i use as2012 ,fs2crew voice control,squakbox. :(