Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Only techies advice me PLZ!

Hey guys,

Please refer this thread..

Alright so I suppose you have red it I want to tell you my following RIG!

i72600k 3.4 Ghz Sandy bridge

GTX 680

8 GB DDR-3

Motherboard- Gigabyte UD2H H67

600w Extreme Cooler master SMPS

H80 Liquid cooler

Guys I am suspecting the problem might be with the motherboard as it seems old to run Sandy bridge and GTX 680 at it's best BUT that is just my opinion & some of my other friends what do you guys think? Please share your expert views .. This problem is driving me crazy!

Please help

Thanks a lot

1y329d.jpg

Your motherboard does not allow you to overclock your CPU.  No overclocking + settings too high = low FPS.  Either get a different mobo and overclock or reduce your settings.  AI traffic is the biggest FPS eater, in my testing.  

Your motherboard does not allow you to overclock your CPU.  No overclocking + settings too high = low FPS.  Either get a different mobo and overclock or reduce your settings.  AI traffic is the biggest FPS eater, in my testing.  

Okay I will get New motherboard anytime soon, Would I be able to get 30FPS Locked at Heathrow EGLL(Uk2000) with PMDG?

1y329d.jpg

Okay I will get New motherboard anytime soon, Would I be able to get 30FPS Locked at Heathrow EGLL(Uk2000) with PMDG?

Depends on how far you overclock.  If you can get close to 5GHz then the answer may be yes.  

I average in the low to mid 20's with my setup at EGLL, PMDG, Traffic 360, and Aerosoft scenery installed. Still acceptable. Forget about maxing out your road and AI traffic sliders though. 5 Ghz might get you to that goal but compromises still have to be made with Fsx settings. A myriad of config file and graphics setting tweaks is also needed to enable Fsx to run as smoothly as possible and also to prevent freezes and CTD's. Too many people invest a lot of money in the best hardware only to be thwarted by an incorrectly installed and configured sim.

30 FPS doubtful.  Maybe on a sunny day with no Wx and balanced AI traffic settings.  But the UK2000 series is known to be particularly hard on performance.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sidh

I would also look at your psu - 600w is a bit light if you overclock and run a large monitor (or multi) and have several HDDs/peripherals. You also want to ignore fps if the motion is smooth.  It's a different matter of course if you are getting stutters.

Regards

PeterH

Sidh

I would also look at your psu - 600w is a bit light if you overclock and run a large monitor (or multi) and have several HDDs/peripherals. You also want to ignore fps if the motion is smooth.  It's a different matter of course if you are getting stutters.

Regards

PeterH

Hey , I don't run Multiple monitors I just have a Dell monitor . So I think 600 SMPS is sufficient

1y329d.jpg

600W is fine if the amperage is enough . The 680 isn't nearly as power hungry as several other cards on the market. If you've got more than a 40A 12V rail you should be fine.

Two 18A rails... a bit tight

Two 18A rails... a bit tight

Yes, likely not enough.  Another reason I don't buy or recommend low-end Coolermaster or other PSUs.  Stick with the likes of Corsair and PC Power & Cooling if you're going for anything less than a kilowatt.  

Stick with Seasonic. A 680 and an i7-2600 shouldn't be pulling more than 250W between them, so 500 is plenty. The only reason the manufacturers specify such outrageous numbers is to account for all the crappy power supplies out there.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Thanks guys,

So the problem seems to be residing inside motherboard. I will change it and let you all know

1y329d.jpg

Stick with Seasonic. A 680 and an i7-2600 shouldn't be pulling more than 250W between them, so 500 is plenty. The only reason the manufacturers specify such outrageous numbers is to account for all the crappy power supplies out there.

Cheers!

Luke

You can't be serious.

Besides, this is a 2 x 18A PSU, There's a single 18A rail available for a 195W TDP GTX680. That's really cutting it close, even assuming nothing else will be drawing W's from that rail which is most likely going to be the case.