Sign in to follow this  
Adrian Druzdz

Will PMDG 737 NGX work On i3

Hi I've just been wondering if PMDG 737 NGX will work on my computer because I don't want to waste my money.  

My Computer specs are:

i3-3220 processor (3 GHz, 3 MB cache)

8 GB DDR3 (1333 MHz)

1 TB hard drive, SATA II (7200 rpm)

Intel HD Integrated graphics

I think the integrated graphics won't be up to the job TBH as I am unsure if it's supported.

EDIT... the PMDG website shows that it needs 1GB of VRAM and as the integrated card shares system memory it's not good enough.

No it wont.

Buy a cheap GPU though, and your more than good to go.

You'll need a dedicated graphics card as already mentioned, but make sure your power supply can handle it

what kind of GPU would you recommend?

We need more info before we can suggest one

What's the make & model of the PSU?

Also what case do you have?

What's your monitor resolution?

The answer to these questions really aren't thst hard to figure out.

From the PMDG website:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSMinimum

OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (latest service packs), Flight Simulator X with SP2 or Acceleration installed.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD equivalent
RAM: 2GB if only running the NGX, 4GB if running other addons (scenery, traffic etc)
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512MB of video memory (examples: Nvidia 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon 4870)

Best Performance

Processor: Intel Core i5 or i7 (Sandy Bridge core) or better
RAM: 4GB+
Video Card: Nvidia GTX560 Ti, 570 or 580 with 1GB+ of video memory or better
Monitor: Widescreen 1920x1080+

Hello.

If you dont want to spend much money, I suggest you to buy an AMD FX-8530 or 6300, ( 8 and 6 cores ) much cheaper than Intel and good performance. I've the AMD FX-6300 and I have no problems,, FRAMES are really good,, 28 29 on normal airport like stansted or manchester. Standard speed is 3.5 with turbo to 4.1 ( Im currently runing it at 4.1 GHz ). Easy overclock hehehe. Big airport normally getting 23 24 frames, more than enough. About te Graphic card, yep, you need a GPU. GTX560 Ti is good for FSX.

You can get it for 240 euros,, more or less 310 US dolars.   CPU 140 EUROS + GPU 100 EUROS :) Depends where you live of course.

If you want to spen money,, buy an INTEL I7 :) 

Regards

Ivan

The make is Lenovo, the size of it is 360 x 105 x 305 mm (H x W x D) and I'm not sure about the PSU

See if you can find the PSU specs in the sticker. In particular the 12V rail(s) amperage

Hi Adrian,

I run the PMDG 737NGX on a system with an i3 processor, it works quite well so long as you stay away from the huge airports. I'm in the UK and use UK2000 scenery with GEX,UTX and REX and get say 15-20 fps at UK2000 East Midlands extreamX. That rises to nearly 25-30 when in a cruise! That drops to maybe 10-15 at Heathrow airport. Ideally you need decent graphics and should run Windows7 64bit OS,  But to be honest if it runs smoothly I'm not to bothered. The main thing is to have good graphics so your system might let you down on that score.

When I had my system built the i3 was actually a very slightly faster processor than the i5.

Happy flying,

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Thank you about the information stretch1365 you've put my hopes up! 

About the graphics card do you think this one will be good enough? 

Asus ATI Radeon 6670 HD 810MHz 1GB PCI-E HDMI

Dazz on my sticker it says 100 - 127/200 - 240V - 5/2.5A.

That doesn't tell much of how powerful your PSU is. Do you know what's the commercial name of the computer to google the PSU specs?

If you want to try a GPU I wouldn't get anything more power hungry than a GT640