Sign in to follow this  
A330-300

BBS A330 about to release

Guest Mik75

Really looking forward to its release!

It isn't but it's still really functional, it's a complicated and controversial topic. They're adding new features every version. 

Great to hear, I hope it will be out when I come back from Edinburgh at the end of next week, going to spend 4 days there as a part of a school trip. 

I wonder how come  in the bbs a330/a320 when you look out of the VC (in front of you) you can see what is supposed to be the nose of the aircraft.BUt it is so bad drawn it looks like a 4 yrs old drew it. I thought for eur 45 they could do draw a proper "nose" ? 

MindYerBeak, I think they told us that their design philosophy is that they design the cockpit in a "normal" perspective of the pilot, means that most of the time a pilot wont push his head against the window to see the nose or something. I think it is just personal preference whether we have the same view with BBS. I myself found that was not a big issue for me (nice to have, but at very low priority). Their A320 cockpit is nice looking however I think they will need more improvements as well...

I couldnt see anything definitive to say whats functional right now compared to the final advertised features. 

Or perhaps better to list as what is NOT working. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Oh, and anybody knows if there is any "easy to read" document to check if an FSX airbus is "as real as it gets". I mean like if the aircraft is loaded with X lbs load, temperature condition Y, other parameters Z, then Max TO N1, ERP is a,b,c or something like that. Really want to go deeper into the airbus system through those fs products but not sure how to start. Thanks in advance :).

I couldnt see anything definitive to say whats functional right now compared to the final advertised features. 

Or perhaps better to list as what is NOT working. 

Hi Dave,

From the A320 v0.7 I have, will try to give you a big picture (though I did not have time to come into each system and check every items though, you may want to follow their forum regarding each update release note).

- They have good FBW system, hand-flying feels really good (in v0.6, v0.7 somehow feels a bit sluggish but they are fixing it in upcoming 0.72 I think. Partial flight envelope protection (at least I think I tested the pitch, bank and low speed protection)

- ECAM pages and underlying systems (like Engine, fuel, hyd, pneu, apu, doors) are implemented (not yet 100% in 0.7, but what it has for now still works ok for me). If I understand correctly from them, the way systems are coded opens to opportunity for simulating failure of specific system in the future (I guess some in prologue 1.0 or extreme, not sure). I think at a point of playing around the system in flight, I managed to have the RAT deployed lol.... A point that I like about this bbs bus :D.

- AP: all are in place, impressed alot with its managed descend mode  (another point I really like about it), very well implemented; AP feels much smoother in version 0.7. All normal modes that I can think of (hdg,nav,managed clb/des, op clb/des, v/s, speed, appr and SRS during take-off, land, flare, rollout mode). The VOR loc is not implemented yet saved for future update I think...

- MCDU: Init page (enter to/from, crz level, cost index, flt number, align irs, zfw, fuel load), F-PLAN (sid, star with accel point and decel point, Top of climb, top of descend with time/fuel prediction). Prog page, fuel page...

- Some other features I may miss, but overall I can complete a flight fully with AP with flight plan in the MCDU. Hope it helps. What I still want BBS to put more effort is the look (it still looks very good and sharp, high-res texture), but I think there is still amble room for improvement on this :).

Hi Dave,

From the A320 v0.7 I have, will try to give you a big picture (though I did not have time to come into each system and check every items though, you may want to follow their forum regarding each update release note).

- They have good FBW system, hand-flying feels really good (in v0.6, v0.7 somehow feels a bit sluggish but they are fixing it in upcoming 0.72 I think. Partial flight envelope protection (at least I think I tested the pitch, bank and low speed protection)

- ECAM pages and underlying systems (like Engine, fuel, hyd, pneu, apu, doors) are implemented (not yet 100% in 0.7, but what it has for now still works ok for me). If I understand correctly from them, the way systems are coded opens to opportunity for simulating failure of specific system in the future (I guess some in prologue 1.0 or extreme, not sure). I think at a point of playing around the system in flight, I managed to have the RAT deployed lol.... A point that I like about this bbs bus :D.

- AP: all are in place, impressed alot with its managed descend mode  (another point I really like about it), very well implemented; AP feels much smoother in version 0.7. All normal modes that I can think of (hdg,nav,managed clb/des, op clb/des, v/s, speed, appr and SRS during take-off, land, flare, rollout mode). The VOR loc is not implemented yet saved for future update I think...

- MCDU: Init page (enter to/from, crz level, cost index, flt number, align irs, zfw, fuel load), F-PLAN (sid, star with accel point and decel point, Top of climb, top of descend with time/fuel prediction). Prog page, fuel page...

- Some other features I may miss, but overall I can complete a flight fully with AP with flight plan in the MCDU. Hope it helps. What I still want BBS to put more effort is the look (it still looks very good and sharp, high-res texture), but I think there is still amble room for improvement on this :).

Thanks for the heads up. Sound pretty decent and quite functional.  Although im a little confused. This is a A330 thread and you are describing A320 0.7 progress. Are they supposed to be one and the same even though different aircraft? 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Sorry but I don't understand.

If they haven't finished their A320 yet, and the A330 is largely based on it.....why are they even pushing for another release without finishing the other?

They sound like Captainsim.

If they haven't finished their A320 yet, and the A330 is largely based on it.....why are they even pushing for another release without finishing the other?

I agree with my neighbour AJ :lol: that it's too soon.

A320 & A330 share the general system and cockpit design, thus it should be efficient to do progress with both projects at the same time. 

Personally I'm glad they are making A330, there's FSLabs A320 coming out sooner or later anyway while for a long time to come BBS A330 is the first long haul bus to be seen. I wouldn't even care if A320 project was delayed a bit because of A330 one. 

Also unlike for example CS 777 Black Box A320 is perfectly flyable and quite complex simulation already.