Sign in to follow this  
A330-300

BBS A330 about to release

Well i can´t throw a VC pic here right now, but it is pretty uqly

I do not think it is ugly.It needs improving sure but I don't it's soo bad.

a330b.jpg

@MindYerBeak: See, I was honest with you regarding the VC right :D (I have the A320 though, kinda broke spending money for my long travel, but will save up for their A330). It looks neat and tidy, but needs many improvement to be fantastic :D.

Anyone noted that they put a wrong VC shot on their website (look at the area on the left of the PFD, I think they posted the A320 instead of a A330 accidentally :D)....

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

I really like this new A330! It is the best A330 in MSFS right now, and most probably, for years to come. I really like the VC, the displays are top notch. The fonts are correct, the colours match the real world thing, they are super smooth and give me the right Airbus feeling.

The idea to turn off the rudder while using the tiller is great! The new sound sets are really immersive and the FMGC with its functions is the best on the market right now! And managed modes work perfectly!

There are a few things that I don't like:

The roll axis is a little nervous. Handflying therefore doesn't feel too good (compared to A320 V 0.61) and A/P is quite brutally banking in turns. Also, the A/P has a hard time keeping the glide path on ILS approaches. Somehow, the view point within the VC is different for the 200 and 300 version. One needs different zoom settings to get a similar result, and one sits higher in the 200. APU switches work but the lights in it don't. Also, the strobe lights switch only works in the 2D overhead panel.

These are the main issues for me. I am quite sure and confident that these will be addressed in the future updates.

look, it fly's well, I like it a lot, the model is up their with some of the best, maybe like an 8/10 for exterior and same for cockpit, but what I love is the systems, fonts and sounds!! so im not unhappy with my $50 dollar buy (45 for euro) and im currently doing YBBN-VHHH and it is cruising nicely with everything working in perfect harmony, im looking forward to 0.72 update, when it is up to 320's spec it will be real nice

I'm passing on this one.  How can they expect me to buy...there is no video and just 1 VC pic? Either the marketing is poor or they're not trying to push it too hard since it's a prologue to a product that will take years to finish.

Saying it's the best there is for FSX is not enough for me considering the other choices. 

That guy, Nono, will find every a/c simulation to be bad. He only has eyes and imagination for only one developer; poor guy !

You can't even spell my name, how do your opinions on this even begin to be credible? And see how lucky you are, the plane actually flies better than your beloved AXE.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Guys, guys no fighting. These are matter of opinnions the other one likes mother and other daughter. Few other developer brought us high system´s and visual´s. So our demanding is growing. I complained the looks, well i´ve used to operate NGX and AXE wich looks great. I´m used to those. So when i jump A330´s captain´s seat it looks pretty ugly. But i think system vice it is already good and they are working hard to get it better. And i think it eventually will wipe floors with AXE when concidering systems. BTW the exterior looks good, hope just someone will paint swiss livery to it (wink wink)

Agree with Mika T. Any one upload more photos of the VC and exterior (especially the gears as it seems the A330 has more details vs. the A320 (which may be a goon sign that they will provide same level of details to the existing A320 :D).

Not really a big fan of airbus, that being from what ive seen and used years back. The AXE or the 320 in general hasnt peaked my intrest too much to buy it as it is in same class as the NGX.

But I bit the dust on this one, and bought it. Euro money sucks. Makes it so much more. Good thing I had a paypal balance. 

Anyhow not knowing much on the systems, and there being no manual in the package, I fooled around with it, and made a somewhat successful flight YVR- SEA.  The FMC was super easy to use and seemed like it all  worked for what i did on this short flight. Its very similar to the MD11 in alot of ways so caught on quick. 

The rest of it.... well I got my work cut out for me in figuring out how it all works. Low and behold I pushed AP and it flew my FP with no problems, and coming into seattle I managed the speed and descent with the mcp and got the localizer although it didnt capture the glideslope for some reason. 

Seems like its pretty decent system wise already as i fooled around with all kinds of switches and buttons. Probably about 70% functional. Some things dont work, but nothing that would compromise flight. VC graphics is pretty good and will be very good with a few more updates. The external model is well up there, and much further ahead than some so called completed products out there. 

Dynamics. Dont know enough about the A330 dynamics but here are my initial thoughts/impressions. The taxiing didnt seem like I was on a heavy with medium weight but im comparing it to the md11. The flight dynamics when I flew it manually seemed fairly realistic but the AP as some mentioned exaggerates turns a little too much. nothing some tweaking wont fix. Wing flex again seemed realistic and wasnt flapping around all over the place.

All in all, im not displeased with the purchase as its a new experience for me,  and its well on its way to being a quality product. Support and dedication are there and those are key. Its a good alternative to fly for the VAs especially having a cargo version for my FDX VA. Just the airbus way seems very much like data entry and thats it. Didnt seem to be a whole lot of interaction. Perhaps im biased to the Boeing way of doing things and like it. 

Hope that helps for those that have never tinkered with airbus. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

How exactly is everyone getting there V speeds and take/landing performance data? I can't seem to find any BBS tool for this?

Also how are the Wilco A330 drivers getting there V speeds? I'm not talking about the FMGS calculated balanced V speeds.

Rob Prest

What is it with PSS and premature releases? Anyone remember the 757?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What is it with PSS and premature releases? Anyone remember the 757?

It's not only BBS but majority of developers who seem to be doing that. 

I see nothing wrong with it as long as they do not claim it to be a complete full simulation when it's not, and unlike Captain Sim BBS has been honest with these things. 

I can feel that unfair (not sure intentionally or not) BBS vs PSS claim is going to make this thread a hot pot. LOL. All the time this happens kinda make me think that it is more likely intentional...