Sign in to follow this  
A330-300

BBS A330 about to release

The seats may look cartoonish, but the flight deck looks great. And how often do we look at the seats?

Guest Mik75
The seats may look cartoonish, but the flight deck looks great. And how often do we look at the seats?

+1. Exactly! The flightdeck, and especially the displays with its colours and fonts, is really good! And in my opinion, way better than any other Airbus on the market!

The VC is quite disappointing to my eyes IMO.  Especially looking anywhere but straight ahead.  It must be very difficult to do the Airbus graphics in FSX because this VC is cartoonish.  I'm passing on this and waiting for the Q400 and T7.

Its not difficult at all, Aerosoft did it and it looks superb.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

There was a sort of guide on avsim somewhere I believe that showed the Boeing/Airbus equivalents as in LNAV and VNAV. I cant seem to find it. Anyone have the reference link? Not worried about the FMC guide as it is already so close to the MD11.

Im trying not to make this a push button simulator as it seems to be compared to coming from Boeing aircraft. I did a 320 tutorial flight as a reference and it was more like data entry. takeoff roll and push the AP and that was it. Sure Airbus is gotta be a little more involved than that.

It is pretty much all the same philosophy on the surface, instead of LNAV/VNAV/FLCH you have Managed, Selected NAV & Alt, OP CLB, OP DES etc

Definitely worth spending some time properly studying Airbus Philosophy since once you get deeper you will find plenty of what is often called Airbus gotcha's, if you don't fully understand and treat it like a Boeing you will end up asking yourself what the hell is is it doing? A good example is the relationship between the Autothrust and the flight directors.

Anyway, nothing stopping you hand flying raw data up to cruise and back down from TOD, you don't have an airline forcing you to follow a company SOP, just have fun with it.

Rob Prest

I don't think its cartoonish at all, I think its great, and I love the fonts and colours, I mean it is once again a flight simulator and if you want something "un cartoonish" buy a real sim or become a real pilot, but on a good note, this plane is really well made for such a small company and at 0.61 or whatever it is, its better than the CS 777 at 1.1 and is nearly as good as AXE imo, the only real thing that I dislike is that it hasn't got the 0.71 update that the 320 is running, and I have both and their is a bit of a difference, but nothing to make me not want to fly it, I was a bit "iffy" when I saw they announced the 330, though it was a bit to soon, but really, I think its great and it has a few minor bugs, its nothing you cant work around and it is currently the best A330 out, and probably will be for a couple of years so all I can say is good work Black Box Simulations, a little company who is really punching above their weight  

Phillip Gallagher, on 17 Apr 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

I'm passing on this one. How can they expect me to buy...there is no video and just 1 VC pic? Either the marketing is poor or they're not trying to push it too hard since it's a prologue to a product that will take years to finish.

Saying it's the best there is for FSX is not enough for me considering the other choices.

+1

Burned too many times by these guys.. (BBS and PSS before). Someone earlier in this thread said "everyone who has bought the BBS A320 is happy with it". Well, I'm afraid I definitely was not. Didn't like the sounds, didn't like the VC texturing and modelling, didn't like the "quality issues". I have not installed the BBS A320 since 0.5 as from an overall quality and immersion perspective, it's lightyears behind the Airbus X Extended, so I can't see the point as, for me, it's not going to catch up. Too much PSS in these products for me. Look at the A-Pillar to the left, in the VC of both the A320 and A330. Pure PSS FS9 standard.

And again, I don't support this "release it unfinished for the fast cash" approach.

For me it gives a clear demarkation between the high quality, customer-focused developers, and the "grab the cash" bunch.     I mean, you would never, ever get PMDG selling unfinished products. And both FSL and Majestic have slaved away for years, to complete their products....... avoiding the 'quick cash' routes too; ........instead carrying their own development costs in order to be able to release a credible, high quality, completed product.

I would love a new A330, but this one is not for me, so I'll vote with my wallet.

All just my views : your take and your mileage may vary.

Don't compare BBS products with CS, BBS is light years ahead of CS in terms of functionality and BBS don't abandon their project like CS!!!! They are a small team and need support thats why they release A320 in development stage, BUT although is in development stage is a functional product. I have flown with BBS A318/319 many times ONLY VATSIM, and never had any big issue, I have completed all my flights with no crash, error, or any other problem, I have meet all ATC demands, direct to, hold, constraints...!!

I also have AXE and love it,but is only A320 for now! 

6 words for new BBS buyers.... I HAVE IT AND LOVE IT!!!!! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Don't compare BBS products with CS, BBS is light years ahead of CS in terms of functionality and BBS don't abandon their project like CS!!!! They are a small team and need support thats why they release A320 in development stage, BUT although is in development stage is a functional product. I have flown with BBS A318/319 many times ONLY VATSIM, and never had any big issue, I have completed all my flights with no crash, error, or any other problem, I have meet all ATC demands, direct to, hold, constraints...!!

I also have AXE and love it,but is only A320 for now! 

6 words for new BBS buyers.... I HAVE IT AND LOVE IT!!!!!

PSS do have form for abandoning customers

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes they have, but not abandon, they were heavily pirated and they went bankrupt!!! I'm glad they are back, and I do love PSS 777 is the best addon for FS2004 the same league as PMDG!!!! As you see, since they are back in business they started supporting PSS again!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

I think I'll hold my cash until I see a final, supported, product, once bitten, twice shy.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Do you know what's funny..!? If this product was called from the begining Airbus Extreme v.1 instead of Prologue V0.6, everyone would have bought it. I tell you, it is a perfect functional product with small issues which can be corrected in small patches. 

As this bus is called v0.6 (A330) everyone is running away because: is not a completed product and you know what happens with uncomplitted products, after purchase you have no support....... Well I have to disappoint you because I have been treated very well and I have all my quiz answered on their forum or facebook page. 

Fellow pilots, not all developers are CS which run with your money and leave you with an incomplete, grounded plane!!!!

Please don't judge me wrong because I have no benefit from BBS, I'm just a simple costumer as you!!!!

Regards, Albert Miu

Do you know what's funny..!? If this product was called from the begining Airbus Extreme v.1 instead of Prologue V0.6, everyone would have bought it. I tell you, it is a perfect functional product with small issues which can be corrected in small patches. 

As this bus is called v0.6 (A330) everyone is running away because: is not a completed product and you know what happens with uncomplitted products, after purchase you have no support....... Well I have to disappoint you because I have been treated very well and I have all my quiz answered on their forum or facebook page. 

Fellow pilots, not all developers are CS which run with your money and leave you with an incomplete, grounded plane!!!!

Please don't judge me wrong because I have no benefit from BBS, I'm just a simple costumer as you!!!!

Thank you. People buy planes from Wilco or Aerosoft because they're 'complete v1'. That doesn't mean they don't have bugs or are broken ala CS/Wilco. BBS decided that V1 meant EVERYTHING was working. Thus, anything before that meant it was v0.5,0.6 etc. The version numbers are an indicator of number of features, not number of bugs. There's a difference.

BBS A -330  is overall a nice product . I applaud them for coming back and bringing us a/c for FSX. I enjoyed every PSS a/c they had back for FS9. I know this a/c is not complete and systems will be updated shortly.

However, what has really come to a surprise for me- and disappointment-, is the graphics... I would have expected a much better graphics in and out. It is not bad or ugly, nor poor; it's just  too pale and simple. I guess we have ben heavily spoiled by Aerosoft.

None-the-less, I hope with the upcoming updates this a/c will be much better. And, I wonder if they will go into simulation the A-340 series