Sign in to follow this  
A330-300

BBS A330 about to release

Ever since being burned by PSS/BBS with their old FS9 online installers going offline right before they disappeared off the planet, I vowed never to buy from them again.

This new Airbus line would have to be earth shattering PMDG quality for me to even consider giving them a single penny again.

So far, doesn't seem to be earth shattering, so I'm keeping my pennies.

Not much developer response on the website.  Newbie to airbus, but it seems my fuel consumption is waay off. 7300lbs of fuel flow in cruise flight doing .78 doesnt seem normal at all. The calculations are off. I started with EFOB at destination with 19.6.  Now im in cruise and im down to 9.7 half way through the flight with a tailwind from the NNW heading southeast bound. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

C'mon mate, way to many factors involved, you would definitely need to give more information then that. I doubt something as simple as fuel burn would be screwed up but who knows, I haven't even got as far as a full flight.

heavy with RR trents in cruise your burning about 6.1T in cruise, but so many factors are involved

Rob Prest

BBS A -330 is overall a nice product . I applaud them for coming back and bringing us a/c for FSX. I enjoyed every PSS a/c they had back for FS9. I know this a/c is not complete and systems will be updated shortly.

However, what has really come to a surprise for me- and disappointment-, is the graphics... I would have expected a much better graphics in and out. It is not bad or ugly, nor poor; it's just too pale and simple. I guess we have ben heavily spoiled by Aerosoft.

None-the-less, I hope with the upcoming updates this a/c will be much better. And, I wonder if they will go into simulation the A-340 series

Their Facebook page states they plan to do the entire series, including the A380

Ths A330 VC does really not look lîe an A330 VC.... Look at the overhead : they did not even change he "ELAC" switches... No comment.... Can't wait for Fslabs...

too much, too soon....

Ever since being burned by PSS/BBS with their old FS9 online installers going offline right before they disappeared off the planet, I vowed never to buy from them again.

This new Airbus line would have to be earth shattering PMDG quality for me to even consider giving them a single penny again.

So far, doesn't seem to be earth shattering, so I'm keeping my pennies.

I would love to see the Airbus series developed by PMDG. Perhaps we should suggest this to them...what do you say,  ajpongress?  :lol: 

C'mon mate, way to many factors involved, you would definitely need to give more information then that. I doubt something as simple as fuel burn would be screwed up but who knows, I haven't even got as far as a full flight.

heavy with RR trents in cruise your burning about 6.1T in cruise, but so many factors are involved

Just asking whats about normal and average. Im just finding it odd that EFOB changes so drastically and especially so with a hefty tail wind, if anything it should inch to the positive. Something is not right. My long range MD11 flights dont change a whole lot if the fuel planner and loading is done correctly and winds are accounted for. Perhaps its the crappy fsx load planner that is messing it up.

Its like a have a fuel leak or something on this bird. 

I would love to see the Airbus series developed by PMDG. Perhaps we should suggest this to them...what do you say,  ajpongress?  :lol: 

I dont think PMDG have any interest in doing airbus and I think they have mentioned it before. They have a healthy solid relationship with Boeing as it is, and there is plenty of other developers working on airbus. 

CYVR LSZH 

See this is what im talking about devs listening to beta product feedback from early adopters.....

From Facebook

UPDATE - Its 3AM here (again) and our work is done .. 

A330 V0.61 release will be Tomorrow with Many fixes that you have brought to our attention .. Thanks !!

More in the AM .. Goodnight

CYVR LSZH 

Now can the comparisons to CS please stop? BBS have shown time and again that they care about their customers and actually want to make the product better.

Well gosh Johnny, I dunno.

Maybe you should tell them since, according to you, it only takes 4-6 months to build a real Airbus from design to finished product, they should be able to do theirs in less then a week.

Here is a little video that shows the cockpit.  It don't look bad to me.

I took it for a quick flight around the pattern, like the way it feels and does not look bad. I like the dimensions of the VC, which to me is more important than textures ( up to a point). I have no problem with the roll rate.

I don't think fuel calculation is "off". I have recently flown a 4893nm leg with it, i planned 82T of fuel counting on +70 wind component and it used 74. Landed with 8T, seems perfect to me. I climbed as calculated to 330 initially then 350 and 370.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Anyone managed to start the A330 IN cold and dark mode? when i start it its with engines running...

Cant seem to find how to select cold and dark (of course I can turn everything off buts that annoying to do EVERY flight)

Niklas Eriksson