Sign in to follow this  
A330-300

BBS A330 about to release

I don't think fuel calculation is "off". I have recently flown a 4893nm leg with it, i planned 82T of fuel counting on +70 wind component and it used 74. Landed with 8T, seems perfect to me. I climbed as calculated to 330 initially then 350 and 370.

Sure like to know what your doing different. Mine seems to fly as if it has a fuel leak I swear. I have never ever seen the EFOB go down so fast on any aircraft and certainly not with a tailwind. And that's with+55 winds.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Maybe you got lbs and kg mixed up like that air transat flight

Commercial aviation really needs to standardize that lbs/kg thing with aviation. Either way they go the fewer calculations/conversions the safer aviation will be.

Back about the Airbus, I haven't had much time to play with it been painting. But for a pre-release it is quite nice.

Sent the Delta paint to the library yesterday and am working in American's new livery now. If it hasn't been done I will do either Lufthansa or Air Berlin next.

Maybe you got lbs and kg mixed up like that air transat flight

I always use pounds and the only way that I know of to add fuel is to use the crappy fsx fuel loader which is in pounds. If there is a better way I'm all ears

Don't think topcat does it

CYVR LSZH 

An update from Facebook... They seem to be uploading the files as i type this...

BLACBOX A330 PROLOGUE V0.61
changelog

======== VC ===============

VC OVERHEAD

Apu Buttons fixed
Strobe Switch Fixed

Integral lighting & "ghosting" Fixed
NEW LIghting to Side panels
Missing decals added to AP panel

VC MAIN PANEL

Gear & Brakes clickspots - Realigned
INTEG Lights and Ghosting - fixed
Rudder - Pull to adust typo - FIXED

VC PEDESTAL

Throttle Quadrant remapped ( A330 style)
ECAM BUTTONS - remapped, Re lit and realigned

Exterior MDL

Red camera boxes MRTT - FIXED

======= FLIGHT DYNAMICS =====

ALL Autopilot PID Controllers - retuned
Roll authority - reduced and smoothed
Pitch authority - Increased and Smoothed
Speed hold - Improved
Climb to Alt - Improved
Decelloration in descent - Improved
Fuel flow and Range - Improved
AutoTrim - Retuned and smoothed
ILS Aquisition & Tracking - IMPROVED
FLARE MODE (Auto) - IMPROVED

======= LOGIC & Systems =======

Refined PID controller logic
fixed several logic issues for vc shared lvars
apu bat , apu start , apu on , acc feed
modified maximum turn angle without overfly logic
adde throttle position "blue donuts"
Modified server strobe events for vc 3 position
added altitude callouts 400 -> 1000 ft

======= GENERAL =======

Wing view Cameras adjusted
Payload & Fuel positions - refined

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yup, I just got the email for the 0.61 update.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I love this guys!!! Their support is outstanding!! On facebook they respond instantaneous!!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Anyone managed to start the A330 IN cold and dark mode? when i start it its with engines running...

Cant seem to find how to select cold and dark (of course I can turn everything off buts that annoying to do EVERY flight)

You can set the engines off and cold n dark by default through Panel.cfg file in the bbs folder.

Should I uninstall it to update? or just the run the update?

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I installed it over the previous version and so far no problems

The fuel consumption is certainly improved on this patch but I still think its not where it should be.  When I fly the NGX or the MD11, and I have all the data inputed, and Im at my cruise, my EFOB at arrival will be pretty darn close to what it says at the beggining of cruise. Barring about 1000lbs depending on the winds. perhaps 7k for the ngx and about 15k I aim for on the MD11.  

Im just doing another flight of about 2.5 hours on this 330 and I loaded a whole lot of fuel because i dont trust it and started off with 33 EFOB at my destination at start of my cruise portion. Im mid way through the flight and its already down to 25 with only a 15kt headwind at FL360.

I would like to get some input on how you are loading the aircraft from the FSX loader. What is your fuel distribution on this aircraft. Since there is no manual I just had a look at the A320 which fills up both auxillary tanks first then then wings with center being last. Perhaps my fuel distribution is wrong or something although it obviously has auto X feeding. 

Im also guessing that since its not allowing me to input the cruise winds, its calculations are way off. 

CYVR LSZH 

For a plane that is on V0.61 it fly's and perform outstanding!!! I have flown a long haul flight and it perform as it should!!! The flight was on VATSIM with ATC!!!!! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I'm thinking of getting this. I have the AXE 320 and I use my ch flight yoke without any issues.

My fears on this BBS is I've heard there's problems with throttle calibrations and I may have a problem using my ch yoke. I don't use joy sticks per say, as I've never had any issues using ch yoke with any pay ware and I have all the popular ones.

You can also control the thrust modes with your keyboard, like with the old pss bus.

@@Gerabus i have AXE too. Also considering buying the BBS A330

Fear was that this is a new company. http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/airbus-x039treme-scam-on-refund-policy-and-after-selling-support-c660621.html

They dun even had a proper forum they people with problems can approach. Its like reading the manual and after that you are on your own. Sorry

Btw i will never fly a plane with keyboard for thrust :(

I have to admit that whole rant seems a little strange, however what is more strange is that they didn't just offer to quickly log on and calibrate his thrust levers for him though the MCDU, I'm 99% sure this is a case of pebkac

Rob Prest