Sign in to follow this  
mixmaster116

Maybe a PMDG A380?

Thanks a lot for bothering. Actually I've been aware of it already.

Hope it's gonna be as good as the freeware RAAS. Looking forward to retrofit more than just my "sliding-tables" planes with it.

No idea yet, how this could ever work with some heavily custom-coded brake control system, though.

We do not have some sort of exclusivity deal or anything like that if that's what you're asking.

Yep that's the answer I was looking for, thanks. I know you made the DC-6, MD-11 but their former manufacture merged with Boeing although the J41 is an exception, and I'll admit that I wasn't big on the 737 but after buying the NGX to give it a shot I've really warmed up to Boeing. 

Plenty of companies build real plane parts for both companies (Spirit, Thales, Honeywell, the list goes on and on), heck some 737 parts are/were built by an EADS (the parent of Airbus) subsidiary. I'm pretty sure the level-D sim builders like CAE build both Boeing and Airbus simulators as well. An exclusivity deal for a flight simulator add-on would be a bit odd.

Plenty of companies build real plane parts for both companies (Spirit, Thales, Honeywell, the list goes on and on), heck some 737 parts are/were built by an EADS (the parent of Airbus) subsidiary. I'm pretty sure the level-D sim builders like CAE build both Boeing and Airbus simulators as well. An exclusivity deal for a flight simulator add-on would be a bit odd.

The whole Boeing relationship thing was a just another strange rumour created that kept on spreading, more than likely due to a few people taking a comment from one of the team members and completely misunderstanding it.

Rob Prest

BtV, for another example (Brake to vacate): Looks like a rw miracle to me ...

Cool! I had not heard of this technology. 

The "flappy" ailerons are being controlled by logic in the FCCs or whatever, so as long as we had that logic data, no it wouldn't be all that challenging. The 777 has some pretty sophisticated aileron and spoiler stuff going on too and we've got that all working exactly like the real thing.

Thanks for the information. Those aileron movements have always fascinated me. 

Cool! I had not heard of this technology. 

How could you? This is a Boeing forum after all, lol!   :P 

Thanks for the information. Those aileron movements have always fascinated me. 

That was not supposed to be information. Ryan just "sneaked in" some PMDG T7 advertising. Social marketing at its best!   B) 

We do not have some sort of exclusivity deal or anything like that if that's what you're asking. We have made non-Boeing aircraft. (MD-11, J41, DC-6 and who knows what else in the future) We are however big fans of Boeing and it's something we know and do really well.

An no one on this forum will argue that!  Now leave PMDG alone and let them finish the 777.  There's a nice shiny new plane floating out there in cyberspace....might I suggest you all go fly it and by the time you get tired of it, the 777 may just about be done.  :biggrin:

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

O.k., to get things going I'll provide the A380 checklists here, so PMDG would know how to get a handle on this project:

After takeoff checklist:

- A/P: ON

Climb checklist:

- (passing 10.000 ft) sliding tables: OUT

Descent checklist:

- (passing 10.000 ft) sliding tables: IN

PMDG, you're good to go now ...

Funny How we are performing PMDG's SWOT analysis in their stead. Not criticising just saying these comments are what help them really deliver what market needs

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Funny How we are performing PMDG's SWOT analysis in their stead. Not criticising just saying these comments are what help them really deliver what market needs

I'd venture to guess there's very little meaningful market data to be collected from these forums when you consider that the people here that participate on AVSIM are probably 1% of PMDG's total customer base. Not to mention the credentials of said 1%.

-john paul

or asking subtle release date questions in yet another way

Like using German!!

Chris Sunseri

That's right lol.  Rob claims his German is rusty, so this may be your chance Oliver send him a subliminal message in German fishing for release info :lol:  :lol:  

Chris Sunseri

Listen, Chris / @pinlifter:

"Anyone still remembering ..." ... no ... not this time!   B)

Anyone still remembering Steve Martin in the movie "Dead men don't wear plaid"?

He goes mad every time someone is mentioning the German word "Reinemachefrau" ...   :crazy: