Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

I've lost my Dad

Guest Larry S

NickI am so sorry to hear this. Your comments, and those of others have taken me to a place I don't like to go.My parents separated before I was born and divorced shortly after. I never met or even talked to my dad. Hearing of all your memories and the love you and your father shared reminds me of what I've missed. Hold on to all those precious memories, and keep all of the pieces of your father that you can, the magnifying glass, and pictures on so on.I would give anything to be feeling the grief and pain you have now, if it meant having the memories you have, and even one faded picture. Don't ever let go of the love and the memories, they are a precious thing. Cherish them like the treasures they are. I know your father did, and still does. Larry

Nick:I shead tears with you today and I know where you are mentally because I lost my father in 1999. You have my condolences and if you don't mind, I will borrow your beautiful tribute to your dad for just a minute and send your words to my dad also.May God grant you the strength of heart, and, tranquilty of spirit to bare the weight in this time of sorrow.Mike T.

Nick,Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your father was very proud to have a son like you. Clearly he did an outstanding job. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

My condolences to you and your family. I'll say a prayer for you and your dad.Regards,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest georg

My condolences to you as well. I can imagine how you feel at the moment and as someone already said, he will be with you in your heart forever. God be with him.

My family's prayers are with your family.Keep your chin up and remember all the good times you guys had together, especially the times that made you laugh..it is great medicine for an aching heart.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Nick,my condolences and prayers are with you and your family.sincerelyLuigi

God bless.I am sure your dad knows you love him-you didn't need to spend more time with him or say anything different than you have already.I am sure your dad is blessed to have the loving son you are.When it's time for my dad to go I will be stronger for having read your touching post.LoveJay

Guest pcartierkbdl

Nick,My prayers are with you and your family.I lost my dad last year, there isn't a day that goes bythat I dont think of him.I will tell you that time does heal, hang on and think of all thegreat times you guys spent together.sincerelyPaul Cartier

Guest Galant VR4

Nick my prayers go out to you, your family, and everyone whom your father has touched along the way. I can not imagine the pain you must be feeling right now. Your father will live forever in your heart. Even though your father never visited these forums, we all have lost a member of the flight sim community. God bless you and God speed to your father.

Nick,As with others, your post brings more than a tear to me. I lost my Dad in Oct 2001, and that, just a month after 9-11, was almost too much to bear and in fact I went a little loony after that for a while (just ask my wife).My Dad always wanted to fly, but he assumed for years and years that his "lazy eye" condition prevented it. I think it would've actually been his heart bypass surgery a few years back that wouldn've precluded a Class 3 medical, but I did encourage him to pursue learning to fly - without a medical one can never solo (at least in the US) but he can certainly learn to fly an airplane nonetheless.The thing that brought home how much he was thinking about it is that my mom transferred his "Private Pilot" subscription to me after his death - I didn't know he'd signed up for the magazine until then. That was a little weird let me tell you.We had a delightful conversation about two months before his passing, where I shared my excitement at getting my helicopter private pilot rating with him. I looked forward to taking him up in a whirlybird, but of course did not get the chance. BUT I *did* take him and my mom up in a Cessna 172 a year before his death, and that is something that I will cherish forever. Thank goodness I took the time to make the trip across the US and set up the rental airplane for that experience...best regards,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest BrunoF

Nick, My best wishes to you.I'm sorry to hear that.Bruno Francescoli Student Pilot-KOPF-PA28-161

Guest Damien Moriarty

Nick,I am very sorry to hear about your Dad passing away.Like some have already said, you obviously respected your father immensely. I am sure many of the values he taught and instilled in you will continue to live on through yourself and future generations of your family. The memory can give comfort and create a presence for loved ones that have left us and I am sure your father's spirit will live on through you Nick.May he rest in peace.