Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Peter's 64bit A380 Air France with 3D VC made by Ramzzess

I'm really interested in getting this (Been interested for a few months but bought the 777 instead lol). Does it use the default X-plane FMS/MDCU ?

pic of UMFC PAYWARE, it works great!

A388_2_zps15adbc55.png

A388_4_zps0a889718.png

pic of UMFC PAYWARE, it works great!

You're gonna make me go broke buying all these add-ons!  :P Thanks for the pics!

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

:drinks: 

You're gonna make me go broke buying all these add-ons!  :P Thanks for the pics!

buy it and enjoy your hobby, life is short :lol:   I had a friend of mine go to the doctor on March 7 this year and the doctor told her she has cancer, she died last month.   I'm buying, eating and enjoying what makes me happy....do the same because one day we will not be around to Sim our favorite birds :drinks:

I had a friend of mine go to the doctor on March 7 this year and the doctor told her she has cancer, she died last month.

Sorry to hear about that  :(

Those are some awesome shots! Really keen to get this now especially since you say that the flight model is really good, even better than the A320 NEO? I find that the FBW in that is really good, comparable to the Aerosoft one but not as stiff.

It's a shame that UFMC doesn't include a Thales-type MCDU display used in Airbus, but at least it makes it possible to use SID/STAR's. Can all of the TO, APP and INIT stuff still be done in the other MCDU?

Can all of the TO, APP and INIT stuff still be done in the other MCDU?

yes it can

Scrap12_zps86210ade.jpg

Nice!

Hmmm...I'm worried now that if I get this then my 777 will be spending time in the hangar  :P

i think we need one of these for FSX!!!! Beauty of a model, and it flys well!!! awesome plane

It looks awesome. It would be great if an update could be published for the external textures. It needs some weathered HD liveries to be complete.

i think we need one of these for FSX!!!! Beauty of a model, and it flys well!!! awesome plane

Yes, but there are aspects of the fdm that fsx or LM p3d 1.4 will not be able to "render" anyway near reality, like asymmetric thrust!  Cut a turbine in your top jet add-on for FSX /P3D and smile at the consequences... Do the same in XP10 and feel the pressure of avoiding a serious spiral dive if you do not correct in time...

I am critic of X-Plane, but I can easily see where it shines compared to MSFS... and ESP derviates....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Does the seriousness of engine out happen at cruise speeds, to? I don't have a control setup at this time to find out. It may be a while until I use the sims again.

Does the seriousness of engine out happen at cruise speeds, to? I don't have a control setup at this time to find out. It may be a while until I use the sims again.

Yes, it does. I had the X-Plane failures on while flying this A388 and got an engine fire over the Atlantic. Believe me, I had my hands full and had been happy to finally execute an emergency landing at KBOS.

LAdamson, on 08 May 2013 - 1:48 PM, said:

Larry, sorry to know you are being kept away due to lack of a controller :-( I hope you sort that out ASAP!

Yes, it takes into account the various flight situations with proper "intensity", but I'm not sure the flight models of the aircraft I tested with XP10 are top... Anyway, the result is at least credible unless you have stability augmentation system available that can rapidly take care of most of the situations and smooth the effects (like an engine failure on takeoff in, say, a modern Airbus...).

What is really not good is the way it is done in MSFS / ESP... The PMDG 737 NGX, and the A2A B377 present very poor simulation of asymmetric thrust, and although I have never flown such aircraft IRL, I am sure, just by basic aerdynamics, that it can't be that smooth :-)

Regarding the 737 NG, I got from RL pilots on the various types that in fact it requires prompt intervention an cause considerable yaw and bank... Try it in MSFS with PMDG's 737 NGX - a masterpiece on many aspects, less those which are dependant on the internal limitations of the core FDM...

I believe Peter's aircraft are designed with accuracy of the flight dynamics as the main focus of attention. I was about to by the A380 just before I gave up on XP10... Things may change of course, should 10.30 give me more reasons to re-invest in this platform.

X-Plane10 certainly has a bright future... I just hope many of the problems get sorted out before Austin starts speaking of XP Next....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

It's more a lack of a 680 card . Must run XP-10 at it's finest!......

To be fair to potential buyers, the 380 VC is not anywhere close to what we are used to nowadays. Remember this was done nearly three years ago at a time when VCs in X-Plane were on the dry side.

you have to admit, it still looks amazing for a 2011-2012 payware that still receives updates :good:

A388_5_zps685baca8.png

Pic was taken with "very high textures" NO HDR....it looks even better with Extreme Textures

you have to admit, it still looks amazing for a 2011-2012 payware

I agree, but I also know some will scoff at it. This is the reason I pointed it out. This VC was a sort of concession Peter made to the mainstream flight simmers. I'll probably re-install it at some point, it certainly deserves a test run in XPX.

thanks for posting these shots Five