Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

Disappointing Haswell Performance Results

Well I guess I'll get quite a lifespan out of my Sandy.

Well I guess I'll get quite a lifespan out of my Sandy.

Same thought here... I usually do a new build every other year but it looks like I'll hold off since Haswell and GTX7XX doesn't look very impressive. 

I saw a screenshot of a 4770k @ 5.0GHz with relatively low voltage the other day

I saw that too and thought it looked promising but we'll wait and see I guess.

looks like I'll hold off since Haswell and GTX7XX doesn't look very impressive

Looks like I may have to re-evaluate too. Decided I am giving GTX 780 a miss but as for Haswell, I don't know. I guess we'll see what the reviewers and early adopters say.

Its not look promising it seems have heat problem, the voltage in CPUZ is not mesured ok.

We can only hope its problems related to the early ES samples.
http://translate.google.co.ve/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chinadiy.com.cn%2Fhtml%2F24%2Fn-9024.html">http://translate.google.co.ve/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chinadiy.com.cn%2Fhtml%2F24%2Fn-9024.html

Made a copy from the rewiev summary overclocing:

The air-cooled overclocking performance: Intel Core i7-4770K new 1.0,1.25,1.67 of frequency and 2.5, this play so this processor FSB easily break IVY 115MHz FSB limit, the player can set different file FSB multiplier with further explore the limits of the frequency of the processor, the playability is also greatly improved. Memory controller frequency adjustment, but also to the memory overclocking, CPU performance optimization brings a lot of fun, and to enhance the frequency of the memory controller can significantly improve the overall performance of the processor. However, we measured, the air-cooled overclocking 4.5G long-term stability is very difficult to, only 1.13V 4.5GHz frequency pager, easily exceed 90 ° C in the pursuit of the highest frequency of the air-cooled, hard-Kai 5.1GHz CPU-Z certification is still possible, but carried Super PI 1m test, for the sake of overheating causes blue screen. To the experience, at least we can be sure C0 stepping of the first batch of Intel Core i7-4770K air-cooled overclocking performance is not how.</p>

Well a blessing in disguise. I'll save money this year. My Sandy and GTX 670 perform perfectly fine.

Grrr, I need to upgrade my i7-860 and now I don't know which way to go.  First was gonna do a 3570K (yes I know it has no HT vs. my 860) then I thought I was going to wait for Haswell.  Now I don't know which to do.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Grrr, I need to upgrade my i7-860 and now I don't know which way to go. First was gonna do a 3570K (yes I know it has no HT vs. my 860) then I thought I was going to wait for Haswell. Now I don't know which to do.

Just wait till June 3rd when official reviews come out.

The disappointment will continue when the review sites bottleneck Haswell with slow memory.

The disappointment will end when you see Haswell running FSX at nearly 60 fps.

HLJAMES

The disappointment will end when you see Haswell running FSX at nearly 60 fps.

It certainly would, but that may be a stretch. I am just hoping for a modest 10% gain, that would make the bump from a 930 worth it.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10