Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

777 GE Engine Issues

I saw an article on the web today about a couple of 777's with GE engines that shutdown mid-flight.  I sure hope MY 777 fleet will have been fully tested and checked by PMDG before release :lol:

Something tells me I won't have any issues!

Article is here:

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130516/NEWS01/130519877&template=printart

Chris Sunseri

Dont worry they already spotted it in the coding and fixed it and sent the recommendation to Boeing and GE.

I think the inflight issues has something to do with icing build up in the fuel lines, then when they add throttle, not gradually but quickly the ice breaks off the lines and ends up clogging up the fuel heat exchanger (or something along those lines) which restricts around 90% of fuel going into the engine. That is what happened when the BA 777 crash landed few years back. I think the issue has been resolved since then with the redesign of the filter on the heat exchanger part. 

Oops nevermind, this is tottaly different issue lol. Tip for next time: read article before posting =)

Kacper Nowotynski

I think the inflight issues has something to do with icing build up in the fuel lines, then when they add throttle, not gradually but quickly the ice breaks off the lines and ends up clogging up the fuel heat exchanger (or something along those lines) which restricts around 90% of fuel going into the engine. That is what happened when the BA 777 crash landed few years back. I think the issue has been resolved since then with the redesign of the filter on the heat exchanger part.

Oops nevermind, this is tottaly different issue lol. Tip for next time: read article before posting =)

The aircraft in the crash you were talking about also wasn't GE powered, but had Rolls Royce Trent engines. (777-200ER)

We received the Service Bulletin a couple days ago at AA and will have the 4 affected aircraft of the 6 we currently have, GE90 powered B777-323ER's completed by Sunday 19MAY.

Posted Image

Sent from my Sony Xperia TL

Dont worry they already spotted it in the coding and fixed it and sent the recommendation to Boeing and GE.

LOL - Very possible.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

The aircraft in the crash you were talking about also wasn't GE powered, but had Rolls Royce Trent engines. (777-200ER)

Thanks for the clarification, I didnt look it up, just from what I remember watching the documentry on the investigation. =)

Kacper Nowotynski