Sign in to follow this  
guy

Airbus X V1.10

This is actually very tempting now. I've been looking around for a really realistic A320, so to the guys who own this, from your personal experience with it, what would you say makes it worth having?

As an aside, things which are important for me in deciding to get a product is realism in terms of the plane's systems and flight dynamics. And as the engine sounds have been praised, I will add that that is a huge bonus.

Thanks to Jude, Adam and François for the kind words !

What makes it Worth having ?

Imho, the strong feeling of IMMERSION due mainly to the superb cockpit, the great sounds, and the automatic checklist (read by a female copilot).

I have already listed the positives above, but if you go to the Aerosoft forum, you will see that there are also still some flaws, but there is nothing hindering (at least myself) from enjoying this great product.

And they are still working on it (another SP is in the make).

All in all a very good Airbus simulation ! :smile:

Guy

Thanks Guy, I will go and have a look. May I ask what kind of flaws you are talking about? E.G., in the PMDG 737, sometimes when I turn the overhead panel lights on, the rear panels of the cockpit become translucent and you get see straight through them. That sort of flaw, I can live with.

First of all , this airbus is not (and doesn't want to be) on pmdg level systemswise. Only normal operations are programmed (no failures).

The flaws I have seen (concerning mainly AP and Fmgc):

- FMC simplified in certain parts (program page) and information not always correct ( previewed altitudes)

-Step descents problems when too many constraints (apparently resolved in internal build)

-AP a bit lazy in following the FD indications and (related)

-Light Overturning on turns

-ND green line sometimes disappearing in complex Star approaches

-Automatic Goaround procedure not working (will be reworked)

They are working on another SP.

Generally all the airbus functions (managed/selected/open climb/descent) work well. Those flaws are not hindering me (and many others) from greatly enjoying this product. :smile:  

Guy

AS320_194_Ual_LasV_zps37ca15fb.jpg

AS320_181_Delta_zpscfa9d39d.jpg

AS320_147_US_Wash_zps6fde42ec.jpg

AS320_152_US_Wash_zpsbf62eabb.jpg

AS321_180_US_Lax_zps6cff3863.jpg

Thanks for the detailed reponse, Guy, it's much appreciated. I think that considering what you have noted here, it would be a nice addition. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

They're planning on implementing a WXR radar on the A318/19 when they release that, à la Majestic Dash 8. 
Here's hoping it makes it to the A320/21 as an SP!

Aamir Thacker

@ClearedtoLand

It's the best A320 simulation by a nautical mile, at the moment! ..... Fantastic graphics, texture, sounds and systems. You can fly a normal operation with a very good level of simulation (eg.. Managed flight etc).   Flight Dynamics and Audio are excellent and it comes with a fantastic Captain & First Officer, and automated Checklist system.

I am spending all of my FS time at present, flying the AXE (as it's know) and the Majestic Q400 (at a ratio of about 70/30).

Go get it - you won't be disappointed!

Nice but why can't i control the throttle on this plane? I am using an xbox 360 controller and have assigned my buttons for throttle up and down. I don't have this problem with any other planes except this one.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

@ Francois  (Clearedtoland): Glad I could help. Report what you think of it !

@@Aamir : It has beedn said by Aerosoft that the new features of the A318/319 (weatherradar etc)  will be ported to the A320/A321

@Dave: Agree wit you

@Captain240: I think for your Xbox problems you should ask on the Aerosoft forums (or on the Fsx forum here)

Guy

AS321_179_US_Lax_zpsde8ba297.jpg

@Aamir : It has beedn said by Aerosoft that the new features of the A318/319 (weatherradar etc)  will be ported to the A320/A321

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Any info on the A330 from Aerosoft?

Aamir Thacker

It has been said also by Aerosoft that A318/319 will come this  Year... And A330 in 2014 ...

Guy

AS320_191_Delta_Bos_zps29842f59.png

It has been said also by Aerosoft that A318/319 will come this  Year... And A330 in 2014 ...

Right, well, thank you very much for that information! :)

Aamir Thacker

A330 will be coming hopefully early next year. Testing hasn't started.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

A330 will be coming hopefully early next year. Testing hasn't started.

Ah, thank you :)

AAL Virtual eh? I'm looking to apply there next weekend, after finals week. Well it's either that or Air Canada.

Aamir Thacker