Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

AI Aircraft SID and STAR Controller

Hello! I need help, AISIDSTAR12Q last version, each time shows error. Attach a screenshot. 
Windows 7 64, FSX, P3D. 
Thank you Leo

PS. Hmm. I do not know how to enclose the screenshot.

Hey Clipper, is it possible to make your program stand alone. I like to run all the airport regions so it take time for AISIDSTARS to initialize. It is a pain to have fsx running an then have to wait 5-6min to use the program.

As you may remember, I have been pursuing the issue of having ai taxiing to the gate. I have a compromise which I hope is feasible. When you delete the landed ai, can you somehow regenerate it at a parking spot as per fsx parking rules with the next leg loaded?

Thanks.

I have noticed that on some SIDs, the ai is required to climb at a steep rate. The odd thing is to see the ai practically move vertically without a pitch change! I mean a 3000ft/m climb with 4 degrees attitude!

As you may remember, I have been pursuing the issue of having ai taxiing to the gate. I have a compromise which I hope is feasible. When you delete the landed ai, can you somehow regenerate it at a parking spot as per fsx parking rules with the next leg loaded?

Thanks.

I believe SuperTrafficBoard will do that.

I believe SuperTrafficBoard will do that.

actually it doesn't. I have tried. It will allow it if I manually tell it to generate. I want it to do it automatically. I contacted the developer and he said he will look into it. It may take some time as he is busy.

Hello! I need help, AISIDSTAR12Q last version, each time shows error. Attach a screenshot. 

Leo, got your email...please check for response.

Thanks, I'll look into it...this might not be feasible with UT2, but might work with all the .bgl based traffic addons.

I have noticed that on some SIDs, the ai is required to climb at a steep rate.

Yes, the animation is more primitive on the SIDs.  I spent a lot of time getting the AI to look right on final approach, but less time for departure.

I am being a little lazy here, but can someone post their ini file settings for a busy airport like LAX.  I use 100% AI settings within P3D, all custom AI aircraft and flightplans based upon real life schedules so the airport is very busy.  Thank you.

I test at KLAX all the time with crazy AI densities (UT2 = 100% and WorldofAI = 100% at the same time).  Make these changes to the default .ini files:

AIseparationdistance=5.0  (or AIseparationdistance=3.0 for tighter spacing)

UserAIseparationdistance=3.0

AIholdingallowed=3

AIVectorSortPeriod = 1  (if running AISIDSTAR on a separate client machine).

If UT2 make the following changes:

UT2Compatibility=1

AImaxspawndistancefromstar=70

-Roland

Hi Roland

At about 1100 ft in altitude, I get the message that aircraft has overflown the approach and will be removed. Don't mind that, but, once that happens, I never get another landing and the sim atc thinks the aircraft is still on approach.  So I get a/c cleared to land as number 5 etc. whaen no other a/c are present.  Also, no further takeoffs happen.

Any ideas?

Warren

Warren (or anyone else having this problem), any feedback on this test version:  http://www.mediafire...RFLOWN_TEST.zip ?

-Roland

I test at KLAX all the time with crazy AI densities (UT2 = 100% and WorldofAI = 100% at the same time). Make these changes to the default .ini files:

AIseparationdistance=5.0 (or AIseparationdistance=3.0 for tighter spacing)

UserAIseparationdistance=3.0

AIholdingallowed=3

AIVectorSortPeriod = 1 (if running AISIDSTAR on a separate client machine).

If UT2 make the following changes:

UT2Compatibility=1

AImaxspawndistancefromstar=70

-Roland

Thank you Roland.  I will give it a try! 

Thanks, I'll look into it...this might not be feasible with UT2, but might work with all the .bgl based traffic addons.
Thx.  It is going to be quite the undertaking having to read all those traffic bgls and to place the ai where they should be for the next leg after respawning. Great if it works, good luck!

Hi Roland

Sorry for taking so long to reply.  Yes I am using AI Short Final Release.  The new test version seems to have corrected the moon shots on final.

But at DCA river final,  whether the aircraft lands on the runway or not appears to depend on the type of aircraft.  777 like to land in the grass just to the left side, airbus a320 hits the runway and erj-145  makes a left at low altitude and goes north across the mall.

Warren

Here a Youtube demo video I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsO_FbrEf8#t=18

I'll probably reference the video in the docs.  What do you guys think?   FRAP videos of FSX aren not my strength.  Hopefully it demonstrates interesting capabilities of the program without the video quality being too distracting.

-Roland

Here a Youtube demo video I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsO_FbrEf8#t=18

I'll probably reference the video in the docs.  What do you guys think?   FRAP videos of FSX aren not my strength.  Hopefully it demonstrates interesting capabilities of the program without the video quality being too distracting.

-Roland

Great video. Did you do anything special to get the AI landing lights not to look like huge blobs?

How do I implement this SID in AISIDSTAR? Do I need to create custom waypoints to follow? How does AISIDSTAR interpret "VECTORS"?

SIDS
SID CYTZ8
 RNW 08 FIX OVERFLY ITZ02 HDG 141 VECTORS
 RNW 15 HDG 151 UNTIL 650 HDG 201 VECTORS
 RNW 24 HDG 241 UNTIL 650 HDG 201 VECTORS
 RNW 26 HDG 262 UNTIL 650 HDG 201 VECTORS
ENDSIDS

Sorry for taking so long to reply.  Yes I am using AI Short Final Release.  The new test version seems to have corrected the moon shots on final.
But at DCA river final,  whether the aircraft lands on the runway or not appears to depend on the type of aircraft.  777 like to land in the grass just to the left side, airbus a320 hits the runway and erj-145  makes a left at low altitude and goes north across the mall.

Thanks Warren, good to hear.  Yes, when the AI Short Final Release option is active and the AI are released back to control of FSX at about 1000 ft, FSX is not able to execute extreme approaches (e.g., river visual, sharp turn at the bridge).  Only AISIDSTAR can do that.  However, I'll look into allowing lower, custom release altitudes.  Perhaps a release at 400 or 500 ft AGL might actually work.

Thx.  It is going to be quite the undertaking having to read all those traffic bgls and to place the ai where they should be for the next leg after respawning. Great if it works, good luck!

Yes, I won't be able to do that for version 1.2, which I want to release.  However, I'm looking to add it for the next big version.  I'm actually leaning toward replacing the taxi system, but you're right, the .bgl reading and sorting will be the most difficult part, harder than taxi routing.  I also wanted to mention I'm planning to get a developer's license for P3D, I'll email them and ask if they can add a Simconnect feature that releases the AI for taxi once it lands.

Great video. Did you do anything special to get the AI landing lights not to look like huge blobs?

Thanks, I think I have software that sets landing lights, but I honestly don't remember the product!

How do I implement this SID in AISIDSTAR? Do I need to create custom waypoints to follow? How does AISIDSTAR interpret "VECTORS"?

SIDS
SID CYTZ8
 RNW 08 FIX OVERFLY ITZ02 HDG 141 VECTORS
 RNW 15 HDG 151 UNTIL 650 HDG 201 VECTORS
 RNW 24 HDG 241 UNTIL 650 HDG 201 VECTORS
 RNW 26 HDG 262 UNTIL 650 HDG 201 VECTORS
ENDSIDS

The first line, just enter the ITZ02 waypoint, then a dummy waypoint somewhere along the heading 141 path.  The program doesn't process "VECTORS", you could just end the SID file at that point so FSX can take over and start vectoring the AI.

For the second through fourth lines, the AIConv utility wouldn't convert these lines.  You would have to go custom.   For example, enter a dummy waypoint at heading 151 where you anticipate the AI to acheive 650 ft, then a second dummy waypoint somwhere along the heading 201 path, then end the SID there for FSX vectors.  You would also need to add AIClimbOutHeight = 650 to your .ini file because default is 900 ft.

-Roland

Thanks for the help. What happens with UT2 when an aircraft that is under AISIDSTAR's control leaves a SID? I ask that because I created this SID: RNW 08 FIX OVERFLY ITZ02 HDG 141 VECTORS, but I noticed an aircraft that was supposed to turn almost 180 and go north after the STAR, turned from about 150 to 110 and just kept going straight. But at the same time for others that need to head east they turn to 74 and seem to be on track. Also, in the Monitor program it keeps saying the aircraft is under AISIDSTAR control and it is still in doing the SID even though the aisidstar.exe said it was leaving the SID. It was interesting because when an ai went around and executed that SID, he ended up just heading about 74 and never changed direction. I would have thought that after a SID ends, the ai just goes and does his thing.

Also, try to get LM to allow you in P3D to assign a landing runway. That could allow people to customize how the traffic flows at airports.

Also, try to get LM to allow you in P3D to assign a landing runway. That could allow people to customize how the traffic flows at airports.

THIS. I've been trying to hack FSX to find a way to defeat this variable but MS has locked it. I asked Lockheed to change it when they were soliciting for input but haven't heard any updates. I would like to see wind dependent crosswind operations rather than making more false crosswind runways. I don't know if AISidStar can accomplish this, though, but I'll continue hoping. 

Anthony Cacciatore