Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Thinking about going all out!

WHile we're on (relatively) the same subject, I purchased some 777 manuals from PMDG several days ago. Has anyone here ordered these from PMDG? I'm sure someone has. Would anybody be able to get me a time frame for how long it takes to ship once ordered? I read (i think) that they usually ship about 2 days after order but I haven't received a notification. FWIW, they're shipping to just outside of Chicago, IL. 

I can;t wait to get my hands on them!

My T7-set arrived in Norway with FedEx within a week.

23.png

IMO it all depends on whether you are textbook learner or a visual learner. I would buy both, but to get the full benefit of everything that the NGX has to offer, you do need to dive down deep. Theres alot more to it then just pluggin in a flightplan and INIT pages. 

Myself I pick up way more watching video and apply it. If I read all those manuals I will have forgotten it all. 

The AoA videos are more encompassing than just the manuals as they cover flightplanning in detail, as well as tricks and RW procedures. The linework videos are done with a RW pilot and have learned more than I thought I ever knew. 

Same with MD11 videos. No way you would have picked up learning the intricacies of the MD11 just reading the manual. 

But that is just me. Others will be different. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

IMO it all depends on whether you are textbook learner or a visual learner.

I agree. I'm a bit of both - depends what exactly it is. Thank god ATPL's has CBT as well as the books & lectures  :lol:

If I buy the manual, do I get a test flight with a real T7....wow!

In my opinion the only hard copy manual that is worth buying is the QRH.  The rest are likely to gather dust on your shelf, but the QRH will be continually useful if you use the failure model, and there is no substitute for a properly bound and tabbed QRH.  Real world pilots are increasingly using tablets for manuals, except for the QRH.  The AOA training videos add additional information so may well be worth buying if you need the background information on aircraft systems.

You really don't need to buy all the extras to enjoy the NGX to the maximum.  Think about what else you could spend all that the money on.  You could buy a tablet to put the NGX manual PDFs on for a start.  Then there's the 777, 747v2 and all the expansions that will come afterwards....

ki9cAAb.jpg

Looking at the 737 NGX, but also looking at buying the full Chief Pilots Manual Set for the 737NGX

Its expensive, comes to a whopping $330.00 before shipping. Also, since I'm going this far, might as well get the Angle of Attack 737 NGX training video which is impressive to say the least. 

9 hours plus of video on it! 

So after buying the software itself, the manual set, video, etc...  would it be worth it?

Lot of money I know, but I'd really like to dive head first into a detailed FSX simulation. 

What say the masses?

Jacob Sanders 

The QRH would be nice to have 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB