Sign in to follow this  
FlightMissions

Need help on where I should install REX

Hello, I really need an answer for this question/problem. I have FSX and I am trying to install REX (Real Environment Xtreme) Essentials + Overdrive. Whenever I do, the textures don't show up. Then I try uninstalling and re installing again, but then FSX deletes automatically by itself after I remove REX. It has happened 3 times already (yesterday) and I think the problem is where I install it to. Can somebody please tell me to what specific folder I should install REX to because I just re installed Windows 8 yesterday because my computer had errors re installing FSX (after it got deleted 3 times lol). Thanks! My computer info if it helps.

-Alienware X51 

-Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 545

-Intel Core i5-2320 @3.00 GHz

-Ground Environment Xtreme installed into FSX

-Ultimate Terrain Xtreme installed into FSX

-PMDG 737 NGX installed into FSX

-A few scenery also installed

So I really just want to know a proper place to install REX to get it working with no errors. Thank you.

I'm not quite sure whether I got your problem so please pardon me if I misunderstood.

I'm not saying you're stupid but make sure you have the correct path of your fsx.cfg and FSX main folder selected within REX. I had those wrong myself :lol:

I'm not familiar with Windows 8 but perhaps there is some restriction that prevents REX's files from beeing put into the FSX folders properly. My suggestion would be not installing REX into C:\Program Files since I've made unpleasant experiences myself with this folder.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

It doesn't matter where REX is installed. The only thing that matters is that REX knows where FSX is installed.

"I'll just install it to the C drive"    - perfect place for it.

Rich Sennett

I'm not sure if i understand your problem, but - Just install it wherever you want. After that read the manual and configure it like described there - select corect fsx patch, make a backup of fsx textures, then select your set of textures and inject them into FSX. And don't remove REX after that

I'm not saying you're stupid but make sure you have the correct path of your fsx.cfg and FSX main folder selected within REX

this is where your confused with the  earlier  rex2  it  ask you where  your  fsx.cfg is installed,   with the new version being  rexe  all it  want  to know  is  where  you got your  fsx.exe is installed

Hello, I really need an answer for this question/problem. I have FSX and I am trying to install REX (Real Environment Xtreme) Essentials + Overdrive. Whenever I do, the textures don't show up. Then I try uninstalling and re installing again, but then FSX deletes automatically by itself after I remove REX. It has happened 3 times already (yesterday) and I think the problem is where I install it to. Can somebody please tell me to what specific folder I should install REX to because I just re installed Windows 8 yesterday because my computer had errors re installing FSX (after it got deleted 3 times lol). Thanks! My computer info if it helps.

-Alienware X51 

-Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 545

-Intel Core i5-2320 @3.00 GHz

-Ground Environment Xtreme installed into FSX

-Ultimate Terrain Xtreme installed into FSX

-PMDG 737 NGX installed into FSX

-A few scenery also installed

So I really just want to know a proper place to install REX to get it working with no errors. Thank you.

best to install as the previous  posters have  suggested  outside the default  location  and when installing it  make sure   you use admin rights  etc,  when  running  the program make sure you  use admin rights  as well  as suggested  by the sticky  in the rexe  forum  where  you can find  some usefully hints  and  helpful  support  from the devs as well  if  you want  further  help

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg