Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

New in my fleet...

The 777 :-)

I have a special admiration for this airliner, and since I am not going to buy any ESP-based version, it had to be for X-Plane10. I also do not believe PMDG will start with this one... (rather the 744...).

Next will follow the AS350B3 from Dreamfoil and then either of Peter's A321 or A380 ;-)

I am converted (50 %, the other 50% with DCS ...)

I must say I am also very satisfied with my experiments with the C90 edits, both radii of gyration and phase-out. It really makes a difference, but it is a sensible type of parameter to change... If only I had access to more detailled info on that aircraft ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Congratulations, your a Pappa to a 160 000kg baby boy :Party:   Happy Flying Mr. Comm :lol:

Next will follow the AS350B3 from Dreamfoil

your testing on this heli and xp10 will be worth reading :lol:  because this heli will remind you of DCS helis and their flight models.  Most amazing HELI ever made in civilian flight sim history! :Peace:

Congratulation on your choice. IMHO the 777 Worldliner is the best modern airliner on XPX to date. The  AS350B3 you'll love too.  :Applause:

Well, took it for a 1st short circuit around LPPT.

I understand what you say about the sounds now :-/, but that appart, it is really very good!

The panel was showing some AA problems, so I turned HDR on and it turned into a super-crisp one, with still very acceptable frame-rates!

What can I say?  Well - FIVE had long told me to buy it :-), but now I have to have the A380 too :-)))

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Take a break from jets for a while and get the helicopter, trust me it will remind you of DCS.

Sounds like you guys are having fun.   I havent loaded up xplane for a couple of weeks at least.   Same with DCS or any sim!  My poor sim machine has been turned off while I do pit building but reading daily makes me want to get it all turned on again.

Sounds like you guys are having fun.   I havent loaded up xplane for a couple of weeks at least.   Same with DCS or any sim!  My poor sim machine has been turned off while I do pit building but reading daily makes me want to get it all turned on again.

Do it :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I agree with FIVE-BY-Five jcomm.  I am really having a great time learning to fly this beast.  Anyone not having flown helicopters in XP10 are missing a real treat, but one that will tax you to death.  After several days of learning, I am finally starting to get the hang of it - this after many years of flightsim and even feeling pretty confident with helicopters in FSX.  This is the real thing - based on my flying the left hand seat in a Fairchild Hiller FH-1100 and Bell Jetranger IRL..  Adjusting null zones for the controller is critical and I have gotten out my Saitek X52 to give me more accurate collective control.  That, coupled with pedals and TrackIR have made it a fantastic purchase.

As you said - "Do it :-)"

John

John Wingold

Yes, you're both right in your choice, and I will get it next month, so I hope :-)

Helicopters have always been one of the strongest points in X-Plane. Never having flown more than just a few seconds a real helo (got my hands on an R-44 and Schweizer 300) I find it rather difficult to evaluate the quality of the FDM regarding rotary wings, but I believe it should be good enough for a guy I knew at LPCS to use it for his personal home proficiency training :-)  Of course he did have the full hardware, which costed more than €3k!!!! but he didn't want any other sim for training, and MSFS even with DODOSIM and a few other examples (using external FDM) were a lot less convincing according to him.

All I have for comparison is DCS's UH-1H or KA-50. I have been using the R-22 and the Bell206, plus a couple of freewares, and I find X-Plane's performance very near to what I find in DCS, with DCS's UH-1H being more difficult to control...

Regarding the 777, well, I still have to continue using and testing it, but I am somehow disappointed right now :-(

I expected a much more precise simulation for instance in terms of a simple autoland (cat3) under perfectly calm weather conditions. Either I didn't know how to properly start it, which I doubt, or this 777 fails miserably to perform an autoland!  I still have to insist though...

Main Simulation Rig:

??

My 777 autolands perfectly fine.. That's odd.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It is certainly me and something I am doing wrong... I didn't read the manual, jumped at it without properly setting the FMC, etc...

Other users have reported the same as you, so...

Other than that, I do like the general feeling of flying this bird :-).  It's also nice to see the correct ground idle forces allowing for taxiing under most weight ranges as soon as you release the parking brake, without having to tweak nothing :-)

In the air it looks rather plausible. It's a powerful aircraft, and I love to see the Emirates taking off from Lisbon, sometimes really loaded, but climbing like a rocket :-)

Now... that A380 is also tempting me :-))))))))))))))))))))

Main Simulation Rig:

Hehe.. I am also way too eager when getting another bird for the fleet. Just keep at it. Regarding the a380 that one is also worthy of a purchase. I've flown it for a number of hours and it's growing on me no doubt about it. Looking forward to future updates!

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Regarding the 777, well, I still have to continue using and testing it, but I am somehow disappointed right now :-(

I expected a much more precise simulation for instance in terms of a simple autoland (cat3) under perfectly calm weather conditions. Either I didn't know how to properly start it, which I doubt, or this 777 fails miserably to perform an autoland!  I still have to insist though...

:O strange, the 777 does CAT3 ILS.  Which Airport did you try?  Could be pilot error :ph34r:  :lol:

:O strange, the 777 does CAT3 ILS.  Which Airport did you try?  Could be pilot error :ph34r:  :lol:

It's looking like a nightmare :-(

Either it smashes into the RW, or I get a CTD. Have tried both 32 and 64 bit but still no go :-(

Rw 03 has an heading of 028, but wind a wind as faint as 15 knots, from 330-350, the 777 finds it difficult to perform the final align (cat 3 showing OK), and the flare ends with a smash into the rw...

I'll keep trying... This was my 1st airliner for XP10 - not a good way to start, but I keep thinking it might have to do with.... Well, with whatever ....

Main Simulation Rig:

It's looking like a nightmare :-(

Either it smashes into the RW, or I get a CTD. Have tried both 32 and 64 bit but still no go :-(

Rw 03 has an heading of 028, but wind a wind as faint as 15 knots, from 330-350, the 777 finds it difficult to perform the final align (cat 3 showing OK), and the flare ends with a smash into the rw...

I'll keep trying... This was my 1st airliner for XP10 - not a good way to start, but I keep thinking it might have to do with.... Well, with whatever ....

land it at around a speed of 150knots, which Airport are you trying?  Also did you set the correct fuel/weight specs?