Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

Thinking of trying DX10

So if I may say that your inland water textures look superb I think the color is a little to green/dark. You might want to slide the plankton control up about 10% and then slide the bright up about two notches. Alao brighten the ocean by about two notches also. I do realize that everyone has their own taste so this is all up to the you in the end but I hope you and others seriously know I mean no harm.

chik

Yeah no problem.  Remember I'm actually currently using the default ones from REX.  Once I realized the FSWC DX10 shader wasn't working until after I cleared the cache I went back to the default texture and got back to flying.  It does need some tweaking for sure but it's wayyyyyy better than default still.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Evidently when PaulJ and I were putting my DX10 files in we installed 3.2.1 . During the course of this thread I put in 3.2.2 . and that fixed all of the isues I mentioned previously...................except, I still don;t have lights in the autogen buildings. I have searched for days but there just doesn;t seemm to be anyone else with this problem.

I'm glad you were able to at least get the latest DX10 Shader fix installed.  Regarding no lights in autogen buildings..... in the 3.2.2 release there's a Bonus folder with a DX10 Lights fix.  Did you install that?  Night lighting in FSX, whether DX9 or DX10 has always been an issue.  UTX did a good job fixing a lot of it but, of course, it doesn't make everyone happy.  I did a search for autogen lighting and there's a lot of discussions regarding same. You are not the only one with this problem. I personally doubt lighting will ever be fixed in FSX and we'll have to wait until a new FS is developed and released.  Steve might be able to fix it too in the next update.

Best regards,

Jim

This is FSWC Lite's DX10 shader + REX default water textures + whatever wave animation REX loaded last.

The water looks great but I think it could use some animation.  I have whitecaps in the ocean and the SF Bay area when real weather is turned on and there is some wind.  I recall reading somewhere that REX has the capability to turn on more or less animation and it might be somewhere in this forum.  I do not use REX but I do have AS2012 installed.  Actually, you don't really need AS2012 or REX as the default FSX weather program will create the same animations.  But those photos are nice looking anyway. :biggrin:

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thinking about doing this (currently using DX9 with perfectly good FPS but better water, white caps, bloom, etc. intrigue me and extra FPS would allow me to push the LOD up to 6.5).

My question is this. Has it become possible to force AA through the driver in DX10 mode? FSX's ingame AA is too jagged IMO.

The water looks great but I think it could use some animation.  I have whitecaps in the ocean and the SF Bay area when real weather is turned on and there is some wind.  I recall reading somewhere that REX has the capability to turn on more or less animation and it might be somewhere in this forum.  I do not use REX but I do have AS2012 installed.  Actually, you don't really need AS2012 or REX as the default FSX weather program will create the same animations.  But those photos are nice looking anyway. :biggrin:

Best regards,

Jim

There's probably two reasons it looks like no animation.  One, I was paused when taking the screenshots, and two..........I think REX had loaded a fairly tame wave animation the last time I installed textures. I usually use its "weather influenced" mode to let it automatically choose "appropriate" textures for the weather in the area.  At that time we're talking for a flight from Naples to Zurich and not much weather going on.

Thinking about doing this (currently using DX9 with perfectly good FPS but better water, white caps, bloom, etc. intrigue me and extra FPS would allow me to push the LOD up to 6.5).

My question is this. Has it become possible to force AA through the driver in DX10 mode? FSX's ingame AA is too jagged IMO.

AA works just fine for me through NI, but you do have to have AA checked in FSX.  I'm not sure the reasoning behind it but once you check it, you can set whatever you want in NI.  There's also some lines that I had to put in the fsx.cfg as far as multisamples per pixel and sample quality.  It's all in the guide at the top.  I know NI is working because I'm getting 4xSGSS AA on the transparency stuff and default AA can't do that so it's very very obvious when it's working.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

@flyinion

Your water looks superb. I would like to make an observation though. You may or may not know but in other gaming forums we often discuss likes and dislikes about say for example a map one might be making for Crysis. We will always say that something looks perfect OR, we will suggest that something is a little off and then try to help out by giving out ideas. I have noticed over the years that this is not quite as accepted in flightsim for some reason. A screen shot will be posted somewhere showing blurry plain textures and aliasing all over the plane and the comments will be "great shot"! This seems silly to me. I say all this because the last thing want to do is offend anyone, I really don't.

So if I may say that your inland water textures look superb I think the color is a little to green/dark. You might want to slide the plankton control up about 10% and then slide the bright up about two notches. Alao brighten the ocean by about two notches also. I do realize that everyone has their own taste so this is all up to the you in the end but I hope you and others seriously know I mean no harm.

chik

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the settings you used to create your water textures in REX for both inland and ocean versions? (I never was able to find your water settings you uploaded) I just had to totally reinstall REX because I managed to break it trying to remove my custom textures that I thought weren't working. After a reinstall and reinstalling the default REX water textures I understand what you were saying now about the default ones not looking great in DX10. Apparently REX had loaded one of my custom textures (no idea which ones) and then I broke it and it never actually loaded the default ones when I thought it had. It took me a week and a half to realize I had broken REX's texture loading and I've been flying the whole time lol.

I Love to try DX10.. but most of my AI traffic  are  with out textures.......    iam lost here...

Menduco

It has been discussed several times but you should run the Addon_Converter_X demo and see if that fixes your problem with AI.  If so, you can purchase it.  There are several AI Traffic programs that are fully DX10 compatible... well, let's say at least MyTrafficX is fully compatible.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10