Sign in to follow this  
tull

Airbus new delivery flight route to USA ?

Delivery flights are not subject to ETOPS rules. Also, ETOPS doesn't just apply to an aircraft, but to an Airline, and in particular, an airframe. So just because there's one A320 that's ETOPS rated, doesn't mean it applies to all A320s. many operators of the A320 will never need to have an ETOPS certified airframe, or may not be in a position to finance an ETOPS certification program.

As for the route, I know many stop in SNN for fueling before then heading on empty to the US.

I read somewhere that Ryanair's NGs go direct from Renton to Dublin. Not sure if that's true but with a full tank of gas and no pax it seems plausible.

Yup, they sure do.

Best person to answer this, I reckon, would be our very own Staffer, Capt Ró, so if you are reading this, Ró, as certified A32X Capt, maybe you can shed some light on this. What a couple of really interesting topics today. One on APU usage at VHHH, and this one.

If you point me to the other topic I'll gladly answer there.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Delivery flights are not subject to ETOPS rules. Also, ETOPS doesn't just apply to an aircraft, but to an Airline, and in particular, an airframe. So just because there's one A320 that's ETOPS rated, doesn't mean it applies to all A320s. many operators of the A320 will never need to have an ETOPS certified airframe, or may not be in a position to finance an ETOPS certification program.

As for the route, I know many stop in SNN for fueling before then heading on empty to the US.

Yup, they sure do.

If you point me to the other topic I'll gladly answer there.

Regards,

Ró.

Thanks, Ro. The other topic was taken care of by other R/W 'jocks' and rampies.

Thank you guys for all your comments, I think I will fly the Shannon / JFK route!

Cheers

Paul

Regards

Paul EGCC

in addition to what ro has said from my experience of having a JAA dispatchers license for 8 years, and over 14 years airline experience. (imagine how frustrating it is to have a 13 year vatsim controller tell you your flightplan is wrong) the transatlantic routes depends on quite a few things, first of all what equipment the a/c has on board.

Ie.. is the aircraft mnps,hf//vfr and RVSM equippped ?? if it isnt cant operate in the nat airspace and it will have to use the blue spruce routes over iceland and greenland. 

for example the airline I work for has 319's and 320s, the 320s are MNPS equipped the a319s are not, this is purely for cost saving.  reason is 320s normally use the T9 airway off the west coast of france to get down to the Canaries. T9 is in MNPS airspace, We only use the 320s on the canaries routes so no point in spending money on equipping them all. 

Last week with the atc strikes in France, this causes huge problems as we couldnt reroute using T9 on other routes on the a319s, so we ended up canx more than 50 flights. 

Secondly also depends on the airlines aoc and what the airline is allowed and not allowed to do.  For example if an aircraft is being delivered or being returned to the leaser on a GECAS or Parc Avaition AOC (non pax carrying) they will have greater flexibilty than a pax carrying aoc.

Also alot a private jets using a319 // a320s, dont have an AOC and are classed at GA, they are also dont have to abide by etops rules.  Once again all depends on what the operator is allowed to do and not to do.

Finally, also depends on airworthiness certificates, most delivery and return leasing  flights normally have temporary airwothiness certs this also effects routings and if the a/c can enter mnps.

Finally the etps, diversion airfields, and refuelling stops all depends routings which depends on winds and the above issues.

as always with aviation, its not a simple as what spotters think.

cheers, happy landings.

14ppkc-6.png