Sign in to follow this  
tboth

PMDG Gift

I would assume you could just use the giftee's email address instead of yours. Or is the pmdg account linked to one email? Who mnows

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

What about buying the box version from Aerosoft?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Like Matthew said, I imagine using the recipient's e-mail address and a note to PMDG of your plan to gift should suffice.  Maybe Tabssy will see this topic and verify as at some point I may do the same.

Chris Sunseri

What about buying the box version from Aerosoft?

Might be the best option.

What is the best way to gift a PMDG product?

With a pc that can support ^_^

Our current store system doesn't allow for gift purchases unfortunately. The best way to do this is probably to create a new account with a throwaway email address or something - make the purchase on it, then contact us at support and tell us what you want us to do with it. We can consolidate the purchases on that account into someone elses (the gift recipient).

I know this is a pain - we're in the early stages of designing and having a new store system built and it will have an easy way to do this kind of thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Two or three years ago my son bought me the JS4100 as a birthday gift. He set up an account and purchased it. He then forwarded the d/load link to me and told me to use his e-mail address when activating and gave me the password he had used. Worked perfectly!

When I recently changed my motherboard and had to reactivate I just had to remember to use his e-mail address. No problem.

Iain Smith

I remember a while back one of the Vatsim divisions had a contest with the PMDG 737NGX as a prize. Unfortunatley I didn't win that, so I don't know how they did that :P.

I did however win some Orbx FTX scenery as a prize and that was done through the flightsim store, and that was very painless. Just had to provide my email address to the competition runner, and hey presto, a couple of days later, I had some Orbx Scenery ready to download.

Those contest things are different - we usually are donating the copy of the airplane in those cases. The VATSIM people email us the name of the winner (who they've already told to set up an account) and we just put the airplane onto the account for them - it doesn't involve swapping products around between accounts.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com