Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

saving post or edits takes forever, if ever....

Lots of delays saving a post or an edit

Sometimes it never gets posted.

All that typing for not

This has prob been brought up and if not I would like to know because then that would mean my system is corrupted

Whenever I notice that the post isn't "taking" like it should, I immediately Press Ctrl-A (to select the entire post) then Ctrl-C (to copy it to the buffer).

I then Press F5 (to reload the page), select the Reply box and press Ctrl-V (to paste the buffer into the edit box) and then try to Post the reply again.

It always works the second time...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I find that simply hitting F5 breaks the logjam.. but saving the active post surely is a good precaution ^_^

Bert

I find that simply hitting F5 breaks the logjam.. but saving the active post surely is a good precaution ^_^

Well it certainly keeps one from having to re-type one's entire reply again! :)

Which I would have to have done in this very reply, as it happens!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Firefox 21.0

I am running exactly the same Bert and I am not having that problem, nor can I duplicate it. I have also tried it on the latest version of Chrome with the same result. How much memory is computer running?

Tom,

I've suffered the exact same problem numerous times running the latest versions (the last two anyway) of Firefox under Windows 7-64.

I can't say that it's constant, but it occurs frequently. I resorted to saving my post to my clipboard before posting. The second post always seems to work.

Dave

FYI: Didn't occur with this post, but did with the edit for this line.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

We have requested technical assistance on this issue. I will update you when our ticket is responded to.

Hey Tom,

The site is well worth the minor inconvenience. Just thought I'd throw that out.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I just had IPB look over the system and they, like me, are confounded. If you can't duplicate the issue, it is hard to solve. Anyway, please do a screen grab of the original message the resulting "hang" the next time it happens and attach it to a post in this thread, and we'll look at that.

EDIT: IPB further makes this request: "the 'console' of chrome or firebug open in the screencast would help more, as we could then see the ajax return, which has proven invaluable as to pinpointing the cause often."

Anything you can provide along those lines would be appreciated.